Guns' Management Have The "Prairie Dog" Syndrome

Jackamo!

a prairie dog sticks it's head in and out of the ground, that's what GNR are doing now.

harley plays better in a new commercial

(heads out of the ground)

new harley commercial is replaced by older paradise city version

(heads back in the ground)

a picture of a mysterious set list filled with new songs appear on the official site

(heads out of the ground)

mysterious picture disapears from the website

(heads back in the ground)

it's a "hello" / "goodbye" situation and I'm not liking it.

they show ya', but then they take it away.

we just call it a leak, we weren't supposed to see "it" yet.

when the hell are we supposed to see "it"?

what the hell is "it"??

they have a big time album to promote, why are we playing peek-a-boo??

stop prairie doggin'!

Maybe it's because they think we're losers who need to get a life and quit discussing our favorite band.

I, for one, am very grateful for these forums, otherwise I'd never have known that Axl was doing concerts in Vegas or LA. I'd have never been able to give Axl several hundred dollars.

*goes to college*

I did something i rarely do, think, and while i was thinking i thought this. Could this "Prairie Dog" syndrome thing be part of their marketing? I mean, it gets fans all hyped up for a short while, and then they tell their friends and the chain begins.

i was thinking the exact same thing. right now, i'm thinking its gotta be intentional. like it or not, it created a positive buzz and got us all excited again. i would not be surprised if we keep getting little teases like this until the record comes out. in fact, as much as i hate to say it....it makes me think it might actually be possible that they end up releasing the record without announcing a release date. i still think that's a crazy idea, but it would certainly make sense in light of their recent actions. they seem to be purposefully leaving the fans in a state of confusion and an announced release date would make things way too clear.

Maybe it's because they think we're losers who need to get a life and quit discussing our favorite band.

I, for one, am very grateful for these forums. Without them I'd never have known that Axl was doing concerts in Vegas or LA. I'd have never been able to give them several hundred dollars.

i agree, i guess these losers with no life should just fuck off and leave del and mr rose, with the forums i wouldn't know anything about gnr at this point, it's not like it's all over the news, gnr should have some respect for them, it's keeped them alive!.

Edited by aussie_axl

btw, "Rat Race" was just on TV, it was a movie that used the term "Prairie Doggin" to describe a little girl who had to take a crap, and it kept poking out & going back in. :scared:

Awww. I've seen that movie but don't remember that. The whole movie was kinda of retarded.

Tbiz

when thinking about it del should watch the fuck he's saying! these no life losers have keep this band alive! alot of the people here go to the shows! what you think axl's shrink or his new blading haircut has keep this band rolling over the past 12 years? maybe made it a fucking joke!, 2002 was a massive hit wasn't it! wouldn't it be fucking funny if al of us downloaded this bad boy ! then we will see who's the loser when it comes to CD! axl likes to run the show, stay ahead, well guess what! we could hang axl by the balls delly! give shit to the fan base, real smart fuckhead!.

when thinking about it del should watch the fuck he's saying! these no life losers have keep this band alive! alot of the people here go to the shows! what you think axl's shrink or his new blading haircut has keep this band rolling over the past 12 years? maybe made it a fucking joke!, 2002 was a massive hit wasn't it! wouldn't it be fucking funny if al of us downloaded this bad boy ! then we will see who's the loser when it comes to CD! axl likes to run the show, stay ahead, well guess what! we could hang axl by the balls delly! give shit to the fan base, real smart fuckhead!.

I actually consider any news, "paririe dog" or not, (nice one Jakamo)cool. :shades: Shit like this doesnt happen by accident. They are just trying to fuel a fire they are gonna start. I think it is all about being creative. AXL never did shit conventionally, so why start now?

I would like to think my positive kharma post had something to do with it. Please sends checks or money order to:

"Gunzen Retirement Fund" , I will make sure the funds are allocated poperly. Kthanks! :P

I actually consider any news, "paririe dog" or not, (nice one Jakamo)cool. :shades: Shit like this doesnt happen by accident. They are just trying to fuel a fire they are gonna start. I think it is all about being creative. AXL never did shit conventionally, so why start now?

I would like to think my positive kharma post had something to do with it. Please sends checks or money order to:

"Gunzen Retirement Fund" , I will make sure the funds are allocated poperly. Kthanks! :P

why quote me? weren't you talking to jackamo? lol, but is giving shit to fans the way to go>? the same fans who have defended axl for 12 years.

Edited by aussie_axl

why quote me? weren't you talking to jackamo? lol, but is giving shit to fans the way to go>? the same fans who have defended axl for 12 years.

Dude, you once again have managed to type a post in some other vernacular than English. Jakmo started the prairie dog thing and I was giving him his props, then just being positive. I dont know what the hell "but is giving shit to fans the way to go>? the same fans who have defended axl for 12 years." means??? I am new to this forum, relatively new anyway , is there some secret language you speak man, that just I dont know about? That sentence gave me a fucking headache. Just trying to be positive. Aussie....umm....shit I dont even know.... :confused:

Dude, you once again have managed to type a post in some other vernacular than English. Jakmo started the prairie dog thing and I was giving him his props, then just being positive. I dont know what the hell "but is giving shit to fans the way to go>? the same fans who have defended axl for 12 years." means??? I am new to this forum, relatively new anyway , is there some secret language you speak man, that just I dont know about? That sentence gave me a fucking headache. Just trying to be positive. Aussie....umm....shit I dont even know.... :confused:

what you can't even spell jackamo? anywho :xmasssanta: i was talking about del giving shit to fans on the net that he knows nothing about, thats what i was referring too, you saying this is a good new marketing ploy by gnr, the hole hide and seek, i was saying that giving shit to the fans is not a good new plan, well if they want people to buy cd that is.

Edited by aussie_axl

-prairie doggin' thats a great way to put this!!!! if its true that the picture of the setlist is gone now......that sucks! i just read it a few hours ago. this is getting old. if there were no forums i wouldnt have known that there was a tour in 2002 or 2006. mtv dosent care about guns n roses any more! the tour isnt selling out because people that are not on forums dont have a clue. WE ARE THE BUZZZZZZ!!!!!! in 2002 no one i worked with or that i knew had any idea that gnr was on tour! today people i work with or who i know have no idea. people in the same state that the concerts are in have no idea! why tour with no CD. why tour with no video? it worked for the illusions but it wont work now!

I just think anyone in there 40s can't get the internet. Like everyone at the shows goes on the innernet and probably bought there tix online. Ok it's a bit brutal having random drunk guys saying change the set list. It's a new thing for a band like GNR. To be honest during Illusion tour they did play just enough new songs to keep people happy. Like Double Talking Jive and Bad Obsession, Civil War, Don't Cry Live n Let Die Heavens Door were new.

Whether forums are the best way for fans to air their feelings is another question. But still the set list is AFD heavy and Illusion-lite. Fact.

It's the 21st Century man drop the bad ass routine. Like you try that on the street in any city in the world and some Islamic motherfucker pops up with an uzi and pepper sprays you're punk bitch ass.

Group hug? Go fuck yourself. Not from THe Departed.

That's what everyone is saying. Let the new band have it's way. Don't put up this wall of GNR songs like it's protecting something. Let them breathe, play the new songs and have a whole new show. Not GNR setlist by numbers.

No, I don't live in Ireland.