Does Axl really want to bury AFD

titchy000

When was that from? I remember him saying something like that back in '88 or '89. He may have meant it then.

He might still feel that way now, but he might also feel he needs to give the fans what they want to bring them back into the fold before he starts phasing most of AFD out of the standard concert setlist.

Edited by flabby phallus

He said that in '89, i think.

"I wanna bury Appetite. I don't wanna live my life through that one album, so i have to bury it...."

But hey, the setlist doesn't show it :rofl-lol:

still no spaghetti incident in the set list :wink:

Damn. I really wanted to hear Buick Makane live once....

The New York Times are reporting that W.Axl Rose, real name Bill Bailey, has decided to bury every single copy of Appetite For Destruction, the leadsinger's band's first record. He was seen just after noon with a spade, carrying many copies - which he proceeded to bury. He is said to have made a move to buy every remaining copy out there, so he can bury it in the garden of his Malibu Home.

New York Times - 1/11/2006

Out of context and taken too literally.

He's saying, basically, that he doesn't want GNR to be known as "That band that released Appetite for Destruction". That doesn't mean that he wants to forget the thing exists, it means he wants to release other albums that are just as, if not more, memorable than AFD.

The New York Times are reporting that W.Axl Rose, real name Bill Bailey, has decided to bury every single copy of Appetite For Destruction, the leadsinger's band's first record. He was seen just after noon with a spade, carrying many copies - which he proceeded to bury. He is said to have made a move to buy every remaining copy out there, so he can bury it in the garden of his Malibu Home.

New York Times - 1/11/2006

go axl ! :P

What no one here has EVER said something that they ment one day then (in this case) YEARS later do something quite contrary? It is like people wait for Axl to say something just to break it all apart, literally, and then pull up some sort of old source to say "see told you so" WHATEVER!!! OOOHH good one! You just burned him and stuck it to him with a source!

That is what is so great about having a mind of your own. To change it whenever the fuck you feel like it!

I remember the "bury AFD" comment, (awesome interview!) He probably was so sick of playing it at that time! He would be the one to tire of it first i would imagine, not us. He probably had all these ideas for the future on which direction he wanted to go with it and the music/band. It is the people, fans, and critics that don't allow others to change their minds. You see someone one way and it is hard to adapt to the change. Human nature. Things either panned out for him in his mind or didn't ....who knows??

I don't know about you guys but I would be bummed if they didn't play some of the classics. Imagine a concert with no Jungle....PC?

So NO! I don't want him to bury Appetite....not then and not ever!

So Axl only plays AFD because that's what the "fans" want to hear?

I'm glad he cares to deeply. Here are other things the "fans" want...

Don't cancel shows.

Don't come on too late.

Release an album.

Play new music.

Do those things, and you'll see a lot of the whining stop.

Not *all* GNR fans (current, former or potential) frequent this message board. I'm pretty sure not even *most* fans frequent this message board; in fact, we are probably an almost negligibly small subset of all GNR fans.

That said, of course I agree that I would rather have Axl release Chinese Democracy than to see him on a nostalgia tour playing mostly AFD songs.