perfect crime

the rush

those who read the news section may have seen the optional setlist. i myself am extremely happy about it because we have 3 completely new songs just waiting to enter the setlist and nostalgiawise we have perfect crime and down on the farm. i am also surprised they have perfect crime on there because a lot of people-fans want civil war and estranged and stuff. in my opinion perfect crime would fuckin rock. i really hope they'll play it but the question is can Axl pull it off?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why not. It's one of the fastest GNR songs though, as far as vocals go, so he might need a few breathing spaces here and there. However, his voice is in such a good shape right now that I think he would be brilliant at it, as would the rest of the band.

Nope.

He couldn't even do it in the video that was posted. The vocals sound like ass. I mean, don't kid yourself. The guy has problems with You Could Be Mine. How is e going to do that!?

As for the band itself, well, get ready for a shitload of sweep picking :(

i think he could do it really well and i'd like to see robin, richard and ron tear that song apart... if i don't get to see it myself i hope to god we get a bootleg of it (if it ever actually happens)

Edited by bass71player

Nope.

He couldn't even do it in the video that was posted. The vocals sound like ass. I mean, don't kid yourself. The guy has problems with You Could Be Mine. How is e going to do that!?

I agree.

And frankly, I thought that was an odd video to post as Axl pretty much sounded like ass for that whole show (05.29.91). There had to be better examples.

But people who collect the bootlegs (as I do) know god damn well he can't do this. Yeah, yeah, I know that "when I saw them in <insert your town here> he ROCKED" and that's great. But if you go back and listen to the actual recordings, there is little evidence that he has the chops for such a song anymore.

He struggles with 'IRS' in parts and 'There Was A Time' was a complete disaster. And for all the poeple that want to tell me they are new songs, correct. But while 'Perfect Crime' may be an "old song", its not one that he has tried onstage in the past 14 years. As far as I can recall, the riot show in Montreal was its last performance.

Guest Edward Rose
those who read the news section may have seen the optional setlist. i myself am extremely happy about it because we have 3 completely new songs just waiting to enter the setlist and nostalgiawise we have perfect crime and down on the farm. i am also surprised they have perfect crime on there because a lot of people-fans want civil war and estranged and stuff. in my opinion perfect crime would fuckin rock. i really hope they'll play it but the question is can Axl pull it off?

Yes. Curious it's on there. I think he can pull it off. And I think he'll do it at MSG... just a hunch...

(Here's a better PC)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DLIp3-_1zSI

Edited by Edward Rose

I could barely pull it off is his hey-day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QkK1jkh3jo

Are you fucking kidding me? That's one of the worst vocal performances I've ever seen. I don't think he even had a voice at that show! :rolleyes:

That is one of my favourite eprformances ever, I would LOVE to see anyone else do something as incredible as that.

I could barely pull it off is his hey-day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QkK1jkh3jo

Are you fucking kidding me? That's one of the worst vocal performances I've ever seen. I don't think he even had a voice at that show! :rolleyes:

That is one of my favourite eprformances ever, I would LOVE to see anyone else do something as incredible as that.

I love the performance, but his voice was clearly shot there. If you actually think that's even a decent vocal, you know nothing about singing.