Are the next few shows crucial?

TheWildheart

I went to the Jacksonville show using a free ticket flyer that was being passed around...they were literally GIVING AWAY tickets to this show. My sister in law does PR for the arena and she told me that the day before the concert (10-30) only 2000 tickets were sold.

I live in Jax and I will be the first to tell you this city is a cultural fucking WASTELAND. This place is pathetic.

fuck theyr morale better not drop cause they gone so far and i need to see gnr on december 7th ill be in section 209 row 24 seat 3 & 4 with or with out slash the band needs to battle on and yes im drunk so if if my spelling is fucked i apoligize

With so little promotion, and no CD release date, or public hype, GNR is going to have to start from the bottom up, just like in the early days.
Someone called 'RR Mafia' (from another site) wrote:

I think what Guns n Roses are trying to do is let things happen organically. They seem to be acting like they are an underground band and when they drop their album they want the people to come to them, instead of trying to shove it down the publics throats. I think that is very commendible considering how big the Guns n Rose name once was.

You wrote "from the bottom up", RR Mafia wrote "acting like an undergroundband". At the end of the day, if that's the new approch, then Axl should have used a new band name and reverted back to his real name William.

The way i see it, Axl has kept the name Guns N'Roses to help the new band gain as much free press as possible. This has acted like a double edged sword. Sure the band has got their free publicity, and sure many have moaned that this is not Guns N'Roses. On the up side, for all the doubters, there's many who like the new band.

I know the guy. I think this *could* work and be very interesting - relaunch the band Appetite-style. But again there will be trouble even coming close to the original days of GN'R. The fact that this tedious version of the band is "the back-up plan" only makes matters worse, and if the tour is pulled, what will V3 of the band be like? Brain and Bucket gone; a bored band playing dated 1980s songs? (*Rumblings* have it that Stinson and Fortus would rather move on to the CD material: and probably others like Mr. Finck do too.) CD is the only thing that matters now.

The GNR I saw on Tuesday night DID come close to the GnR of old. I know because I've seen GnR live twice in the old days, and I was a hardcore fan who watched MTV's "GnR Live at Ritz" a thousand times over. And the old Appetite songs are NEVER dated....that is why they are true classics.

There is a reason why bands normally release an album when they tour. The tour promotes the album and the new album creates awareness of the band and it's music, which in turn makes people want to go see them live. You get new people into the music and you get the existing fans coming along. Without CD being released or even a single being played on the radio, it's obviously going to impact ticket sales.

He didn't say he doesn't care about those people at all. If the internet fans are at the show, then they are among the audience for which he's doing the show. But if you're sitting at your computer in New York complaining about how Axl didn't sing "I.R.S." in Jacksonville, well, why should he care?

The lowest attendend concert thus far was in Jacksonville. Here's a big reason why

1. It was a rescheduled show

2. It was on a Tuesday night

3. It was on Halloween night

4. People are reading that the show is starting very late, therefore weeknight concerts are difficult to attend.

5. Jacksonville is not a highly populated city, like Miami, or Ny, etc.

I was at the show the other night, and I'd say it was half full. I'm not sure how many people can be on the floor. But there was a great deal of floor space remaining. And the seats were probably 70% full. The crowd enjoyed the show for the most part. Unlike in Vegas, however, they were not familiar with Better or the Blues. And they became restless during the solos, except for Bumblefoot's. During Robin's solo, some in the crowd started chanting Slash, Slash.

They are just going to have to overcome those things for now. I can see Axl working this, and the negative media reports to his advantage.

I am not that concerned about the tour being cancelled. My belief is that once the album comes out, and people get familiar with the new band members, things will pick up. Let's just hope the album hits soon. And that is becomes a huge sucess.

With so little promotion, and no CD release date, or public hype, GNR is going to have to start from the bottom up, just like in the early days.
Someone called 'RR Mafia' (from another site) wrote:

I think what Guns n Roses are trying to do is let things happen organically. They seem to be acting like they are an underground band and when they drop their album they want the people to come to them, instead of trying to shove it down the publics throats. I think that is very commendible considering how big the Guns n Rose name once was.

You wrote "from the bottom up", RR Mafia wrote "acting like an undergroundband". At the end of the day, if that's the new approch, then Axl should have used a new band name and reverted back to his real name William.

The way i see it, Axl has kept the name Guns N'Roses to help the new band gain as much free press as possible. This has acted like a double edged sword. Sure the band has got their free publicity, and sure many have moaned that this is not Guns N'Roses. On the up side, for all the doubters, there's many who like the new band.

I know the guy. I think this *could* work and be very interesting - relaunch the band Appetite-style. But again there will be trouble even coming close to the original days of GN'R. The fact that this tedious version of the band is "the back-up plan" only makes matters worse, and if the tour is pulled, what will V3 of the band be like? Brain and Bucket gone; a bored band playing dated 1980s songs? (*Rumblings* have it that Stinson and Fortus would rather move on to the CD material: and probably others like Mr. Finck do too.) CD is the only thing that matters now.

No, that isn't what they're doing - either they are fucking idiots who have no idea what they're doing, or there really is no album to promote and Axl's just doing another nostalgia tour for money (the most likely scenario, IMO).

If they were going for the underdog, underground thing again, why are they playing all Appetite songs instead of the new material?

I went to the Jacksonville show using a free ticket flyer that was being passed around...they were literally GIVING AWAY tickets to this show. My sister in law does PR for the arena and she told me that the day before the concert (10-30) only 2000 tickets were sold.

:book: Anyone know if this is true? This cannot be good if it is.

Later shows will sell better. With the lack of promotion, it takes word of mouth to spread the news that GNFuckinR is alive and kicking. I think attendance will build and, as in 2002, sellouts will happen more n more as the tour goes on.

Ok as Del said - if the internet losers are such a pathetic minority that arent even worth caring about then how come it was so easy for Axl to notice the crowds of people singing the new songs that were leaked online?

Yeah so those 'downloading motherfuckers' and 'internet losers' are going to the shows. And I think they are important to the GNR fanbase.

What determines that a 'downloading motherfucker' is an 'internet loser'? I have given copies of the leaks to friends who don't discuss GNR online at all. Are they 'internet losers'?

No

It's really a simple thing here.

Old fans are going to the shows. Despite Axl being a Hall of Fame singer . . . as time goes on, less and less fans are gonna go see his concerts. The "Appetite" crowd is now in their 30's and 40's and have families, kids to tend to, mortgages and car payments.

I'm not comparing GnR and Axl to any of the old hard rock bands from the late 80's and early 90's - but it's the same thing basically. Great White, Whitesnake, Warrant, Poison - all those bands could sell out 20,000 seat arena's in the late 80's and early 90's. Today - they play at clubs and small stadiums that hold in the low thousands. GnR - even with just Axl - will obviously outsell those guys - but you get my point. 15 years ago he would have sold 15,000 tickets to a show in Jacksonville - but not today.

HOW does he get around this?????

Release a fucking single and album. It's really that simple.

You can't go to arenas and play 80% Appetite for Destruction and basically the same show you played their during the last tour and except to sell out.

I wouldn't expect to see sold out concerts on this tour, except at major places like MSG or Vegas, until Axl decides to release a single and album.