Hypothethical GN'R Reunion

Vincent Vega

There's something I was thinking about. I know some people would love if the original GN'R reunited but...I don't know if it'd be such a good idea. I don't think it'd last long, I think many of the old wounds would open very quickly, and I think it'd probably be unhealthy for all parties. Even if a GN'R reunion produced an album, it'd probably be a dead sounding mess like the Rolling Stones reunion album, Steel Wheels, was. That album sounds dead, in every sense of the word, and totally over-produced. Besides...What would Axl and Slash write about? Would they even be able to agree on anything?

I mean, not talking for like ten years, they're pretty much strangers at this point, at totally different points in their lives, the only thing they have in common at this point is their past, and there's a lot of wounds in that past.

Steel Wheels isn't that bad of an album.

It sounds like an overproduced, dead sounding album. The edge is taken off all the guitars, the bass is done in that cheesy 80's style, the drums have that deep, flat sound like Matt Sorum on the Illusions and the lyrics are below the Mick and Keith standard. Then you have Voodoo Lounge, Ok album (with the exception of Thru and Thru which is imo one of their best songs since the 70s) but..lacking that Stonesy charm. Bridges to Babylon, Not that bad pretty good, and then Bigger Bang which is amazing, like new life came into their veins.

Edited by Mr. Miser

There's something I was thinking about. I know some people would love if the original GN'R reunited but...I don't know if it'd be such a good idea. I don't think it'd last long, I think many of the old wounds would open very quickly, and I think it'd probably be unhealthy for all parties. Even if a GN'R reunion produced an album, it'd probably be a dead sounding mess like the Rolling Stones reunion album, Steel Wheels, was. That album sounds dead, in every sense of the word, and totally over-produced. Besides...What would Axl and Slash write about? Would they even be able to agree on anything?

I mean, not talking for like ten years, they're pretty much strangers at this point, at totally different points in their lives, the only thing they have in common at this point is their past, and there's a lot of wounds in that past.

A lot of wounds... you know what... American and Japanese service men that fought in WW2 in the Pacific campaign have a lot of wounds. We're talking about a RNR band here... like athletes playing a childs game... what kind of wounds could they possibly really have? If the Japs and Yanks can forgive each other, I'm sure some RNR icons can.

If they could find a way to work together they might be able to create something special. I think that you're right about them being like strangers now that so much time has passed, but that might be a good thing. The problems that they've had in the past will be ancient history to them now and it might feel like a fresh start.

I don't really see it happening and I'm not sure that I'd even want it to happen. We can have two bands making good music instead of one. That is if Axl can pull the trigger on CD. :unsure:

If they could find a way to work together they might be able to create something special. I think that you're right about them being like strangers now that so much time has passed, but that might be a good thing. The problems that they've had in the past will be ancient history to them now and it might feel like a fresh start.

I don't really see it happening and I'm not sure that I'd even want it to happen. We can have two bands making good music instead of one. That is if Axl can pull the trigger on CD. :unsure:

quantity over quality?

i'd rather have 1 band making great music than 2 making good music

I could see a guest appearnace from Slash n Duff. But Reunion seems so hard to do. Like Axl has grown into this all powerful force. In the studio its his way. Even said said he didn't like his songs being Axled. Like here's Dust N Bones, Axl says "It sounds like Rick and the Raiders."

It'd be cool to see Axl and Slash on stage together again... but I think you're right, too much shit has gone down for them to all work on a new album together again.

I'm more interested in hearing Chinese Democracy (ha!) and the new Velvet Revolver album.

Still, I think a reunion is probably inevitable sometime in the future. Izzy will make it happen.

I sure hope so, and if it ever happens I hope it turns out to be long term, not just a reunion tour or a couple of shows.

I think it can happen, when you think about it, there really isnt much of a conflict between them. If it wasnt for the greatest hits lawsuit or whatever, it would be like they just parted ways and nothing more.

I could see a guest appearnace from Slash n Duff. But Reunion seems so hard to do. Like Axl has grown into this all powerful force. In the studio its his way. Even said said he didn't like his songs being Axled. Like here's Dust N Bones, Axl says "It sounds like Rick and the Raiders."

not "Rick and the Raiders"

he said "Paul Revere & the Raiders", and meant the song "Indian Reservation", which has the same type of rhytm as Dust N' Bones..

great song btw ;)

A lot of wounds... you know what... American and Japanese service men that fought in WW2 in the Pacific campaign have a lot of wounds. We're talking about a RNR band here... like athletes playing a childs game... what kind of wounds could they possibly really have? If the Japs and Yanks can forgive each other, I'm sure some RNR icons can.

well said