blasphemy of a cover(elanor rigby)

gnrrulz

Has anyone seen the video of dee snider(twisted sister) singing Elanor Rigby?

He absolutely ruined this song and I hope he gets buried with his name. <_<

This song is one of the greatest the beatles did and he absolutely slaughtered it. Its not a metal song! :no:

I just saw this on VH1. I cant find it on youtube.

Edited by gnrrulz

First of all it is not Dee Snider's version. I believe his guitarrist Ojeda is the one behind it. Secondly, I like it compared to the fucking Beatles version. I hate the Beatles. They are the core behind every boy band alive.

First of all it is not Dee Snider's version. I believe his guitarrist Ojeda is the one behind it. Secondly, I like it compared to the fucking Beatles version. I hate the Beatles. They are the core behind every boy band alive.

You poor ignorant fool, The Beatles were the core behind EVERY BAND, as far as music styles go, the Beatles did everything, there's the beatles - then everyone else. Their stuff gets pretty heavy and some of it is very sappy, but they do it well.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

You know very little about music, please do not post in forums dedicated to music.

I liked it, personally. I'm one who likes to hear songs changed into different genres (hence my love of Bruce Springsteen's Seeger Sessions tour). I don't think it's on par with the Beatles' version (much as I dislike most of their non-experimental stuff), but it's a good listen. I've always really dug Dee's voice, and Ojeda is a pretty good guitar player - one of the more musical of the sleeze metal axemen. He and the guys from Cinderella have always stood out to me musically as good players in a genre dominated by garbage, and I really do think that the hairitization of Elenore Rigby is, while not fantastic, really cool.

You know very little about music, please do not post in forums dedicated to music

That is funny. You are either a Stones guy or a Beatles guy. I guess I am an idiot for liking the Stones way of music compared to the Beatles. If you must know, the blues are the true root of all music.

That is funny. You are either a Stones guy or a Beatles guy. I guess I am an idiot for liking the Stones way of music compared to the Beatles. If you must know, the blues are the true root of all music.

:P You don't need to know alot about music to know music is all rooted in blues. I concurr entirely with Ohdistortedsmile1789's comment about you :wub:

And if you assume that he will be as arrogant as to assume your lack of intelligence due to musical tastes, then you really are dumb, because no person with a 2 digit IQ judges someone on their musical tastes.

Edited by pain cake

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
You know very little about music, please do not post in forums dedicated to music

I prefer the Stones, but am a huge Beatles fan as well. I have been playing Blues professionally since I was 9 years old, and I don't know many people who love and appreciate it as much as I do.

I liked it, personally. I'm one who likes to hear songs changed into different genres (hence my love of Bruce Springsteen's Seeger Sessions tour). I don't think it's on par with the Beatles' version (much as I dislike most of their non-experimental stuff), but it's a good listen. I've always really dug Dee's voice, and Ojeda is a pretty good guitar player - one of the more musical of the sleeze metal axemen. He and the guys from Cinderella have always stood out to me musically as good players in a genre dominated by garbage, and I really do think that the hairitization of Elenore Rigby is, while not fantastic, really cool.

The song is off of revolver which is apart of their "experimental" stuff. The song itself is quite trippy/experimental. Anyway I liked the seeger sessions too but sprinsteen kept the music within the same realm. Bluegrass is so close to country that its just kind of a subgenre. But the beatles do not convert to hairmetal in any way shape or form. :no: I guess we all have our own tastes but this definitely didn't fit mine.

And zak I'm not even going into it with you. Tom Morello=modern day Hendrix? :rolleyes: