Audioslave

zakk

Is it just me or is Tom Morello not our version of Jimi Hendrix? If you have any doubt, buy Audioslave live in Cuba. What a great concert DVD!!!!

No your right hes not. I don't have any doubt and I didn't buy the dvd.

Edited by gnrrulz

I don't really see the comparison to Hendrix, but Morello ROCKS. He comes up with some of the meanest, monster riffage. rock3

He's got some awesome solos, but unfortunately there's a few too many that sound like pure wanking just for the sake of wanking rather than actually making sure the solo fits into the song(an example would be Original Fire where it sounds like nothing more than a group of chimps getting it on). In many cases, his solos to the slower songs fit best such as Like a Stone and I am the Highway--both great on the Cuba CD. I'm really digging his solo on Shape of Things to Come, it's not long but kicks major fuckin' ass.

He's definitely an acquired taste and my second favorite guitarist to Slash.

Question for guitarists: How gifted is he from "technical" playing standpoint. Between a Slash and a BH, or where?

Slash is definitely my favorite guitarist. What I like about Morello is that he is unique with the guitar. Slash is such a god because all of his solos/riffs are meaningful within the song. I agree that some of Morello's solos have no point in the whole production of the song.

RATM should re-unite....Audioslave is like really really bad

Tom's playing is innovative, but I tend to agree that Audioslave are a pretty mediocre band. Bring back Rage and Soundgarden!

i think his playing style was more suited to the stopstart/funk style of RATM than the more mainstream rock of Audioslave

Edited by krissirge

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

RATM should re-unite....Audioslave is like really really bad

Tom's playing is innovative, but I tend to agree that Audioslave are a pretty mediocre band. Bring back Rage and Soundgarden!

i think his playing style was more suited to the stopstart/funk style of RATM than the more mainstream rock of Audioslave

I like Morello

I bought revelations recently, great album

I think morello's funk and riffs are a very integral part of audioslave, more so than in ratm

i mean, think about it this way, if you took the guitar from like a stone, cochise, your time has come, origonal fire, and sound of a gun, they wouldn't hold up very well

but if you took the guitar out of killing in the name, ratm's most guitar driven song, it would still hold up well with the bass, drums and vocals(maybe a second bass of equal style and profincency)

the same is true for bulls, sleep now, people of the sun, wake up, and others(you'd just need to get creative and use the same effects, and of you wanted a more close effect, there's pedals to jump octaves)

• 2 weeks later...