How long does it take a record label to Print or mass produce CD's and get them on the shelves for public consumption?

welcometothespunkle

Does anyone recall the length of time between the band saying they were finished UYIs and the time it took for them to be released? That would be a good indication of Axl's feeling of completion, once his recording/mastering process is overwith.

Good question. I'm too lazy to look it up, but there's a timeline somewhere that lists the band celebrating the last UYI session (while on the road, I think in the spring), easy enough to compare that to the release date (which I forget). I think it was months though. But the release was probably timed for a certain season (after the summer?), not rushed through for an ASAP release.

Geffen is has everything ready to roll once the call is made.

I doubt very much that Geffen is lifting a finger until they have the CD. Once they have it, though, they'll schedule a date immediately, and we will hear about it.

I'm sticking to my six week lead time statement. They may try and cut it down to five, but it won't be any less. There's still Dec. 17 if they schedule it this coming week. (Like if they announce it on Letterman or something on Monday) :D

I would be willing to bet that Axl just had the CD done entirely in China. With help from the Chinese government in surpressing all internet activity with the word Democracy in it, there has been no news leek. Just loyal hardworking chinese girls slaving away making thousands of CDs and packaging them up in plain brown boxes ready to be shipped overnite via FedEx.

They print them? You learn something new everyday. It's like printing money. They must beable to do a lot over night with modern technology and all these new fandangled gadgets. I'm more interested in how long it takes to be downloaded for FREEEEEE off the innernet.

you would be you thief, pay for it, piracy is for jackholes.

It takes less than 48 hours if everything is ready.

Last year in the UK on a nataional TV programme there was a competition winner who won a £1 million recording deal and a single release. The winner was voted by the public on the Saturday evening and an hour later it showed the first CD being printed live - the Cd was available in all major record stores on Monday morning less than 48 hours from the winner being voted.

I know the UK is a hell of a lot smaller then the US but if it can be done in the UK in 48 hours I am sure it can be done in the States in 3-4 days.

Andy

It takes less than 48 hours if everything is ready.

Last year in the UK on a nataional TV programme there was a competition winner who won a £1 million recording deal and a single release. The winner was voted by the public on the Saturday evening and an hour later it showed the first CD being printed live - the Cd was available in all major record stores on Monday morning less than 48 hours from the winner being voted.

I know the UK is a hell of a lot smaller then the US but if it can be done in the UK in 48 hours I am sure it can be done in the States in 3-4 days.

Andy

Excellent news-welcome to the forum.

two things could be going on here and sources close to Axls washroom attendent who knows somebody at the record company sez.......

umm heres the scoop. This album has been sitting in boxes in a warehouse in Tijuana Mexico packaged and ready to go since 1999. The Federales south of the border are demanding that they get a cut of the take or they won't turn it back over to Axl or the company. Axl naturally wants no part of that and decided to rerecord it note for note all over again for the 100th time. sorry for the delays but due to the international scandle this would cause lawyers close to both parties have deemed it a "national security issue" and turned it over to the department of homeland security. Meanwhile the Bush Administration is investigating to see it there is link between Mexico and Al-Quida.

Other mysterious sources point to a panty waisted corporate think tank focus group who heard the final cut and said that it didn't have enough hip hop cross disco beats and that Axls voice sounded " just to angry and vicious" for mass consumption. They were hoping for something more in the veign of Christinal Agulara/Britney Spears/Justin Timberlake kind of music. "hey it sells...one corporate bean executive was over heard saying at a release party in Hollywood.The behind the scenes talk is that Axl refused to record a polka beat on the remake of Welcome to the Jungle. In a head to head heated exchange resulted in feeling being hurt and individuals being heard to say..."I'll take my morracas and go home."

IF the pressing and duplication time is prebooked with a pressing plant....it takes about 7 to 10 days to churn out enough units to do a mass release. 5 days if you're willing to pay a premium for it. Then figure another 5 to 7 days to get units into the distribution channels and to the "big box" stores warehouses, and for THEM to get the units out into THEIR distribution channels. Max would be a little over 2 weeks, minimum about 10 to 12 days.