No Album this Year? ... Theories?

motownjunkie

Guest Jack_the_ripper
its safe to say that its not happening this year...i know a friend who works at sanity and they have release dates up to december and january already in the bag months before hand...i doubt that GNR will go for the "any tuesday" option because you cant in this day and age without people knowing waaay in advance, it was a throwaway comment and assumption in an article that people seem to be adopting as a false hope

so im asking was it a mistake to tour with no album?

can I honestly trust anything you say, especially when you call sanctuary sanity?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All!

Yes, I know, not a nother new albulm thread. I have been reading alot about peoples opinions about this. Soem feel that "there is no way it can come out this year". They justify this because of promo time. I sort of agree, if this was a different band, a NORMAL band. But lets face it, Axl does not need money, I really beleive when he says he does not care about what people think, If he knows it is coming out 11/21/06, than it is coming out! That will be the promo, It will be all over the place, internet, radio, etc. I really dont think he cares if it debuts at #1. Lets face it, that is the main reason why some of the crappiest cd's debut at number one, they push it down our throats for weeks before it comes out, than everyone runs and buys it. When this albulm drops, I really believe the music will speak for itself. There are people who HATE axl, so no matter how good the music is, they are going to say it sucks. Fuck them! I beleive this choice 1. Now for #2, This is the 1st time axl himself said it was coming out this year. If, for some reason, this cant happen, Then PLEASE axl, Make a statement before the yrar is up. Just Tell the fans why, most of us are forgiving, shit we have stuck with you through 14 years of nothing. But, YOU said it was coming out this year. If 2007 comes, and we get know album or no explantion for something you promised, than you really dont give a shit about gnr or the fans.

This year the album hasn't come - it ain't the first.

Lots of other years came before this, but this year ain't been the worst.

So goodbye to you CD, so long farwell.

I can hear gnr fans crying, we've all been through hell.

So I'll look for you stalking in the gnr section tonight.

Although you probably won't be there, oh well, goodnight.

Nice new avater btw, Mango :rofl-lol:

Hello All!

Yes, I know, not a nother new albulm thread. I have been reading alot about peoples opinions about this. Soem feel that "there is no way it can come out this year". They justify this because of promo time. I sort of agree, if this was a different band, a NORMAL band. But lets face it, Axl does not need money, I really beleive when he says he does not care about what people think, If he knows it is coming out 11/21/06, than it is coming out! That will be the promo, It will be all over the place, internet, radio, etc. I really dont think he cares if it debuts at #1. Lets face it, that is the main reason why some of the crappiest cd's debut at number one, they push it down our throats for weeks before it comes out, than everyone runs and buys it. When this albulm drops, I really believe the music will speak for itself. There are people who HATE axl, so no matter how good the music is, they are going to say it sucks. Fuck them! I beleive this choice 1. Now for #2, This is the 1st time axl himself said it was coming out this year. If, for some reason, this cant happen, Then PLEASE axl, Make a statement before the yrar is up. Just Tell the fans why, most of us are forgiving, shit we have stuck with you through 14 years of nothing. But, YOU said it was coming out this year. If 2007 comes, and we get know album or no explantion for something you promised, than you really dont give a shit about gnr or the fans.

Lol.. are you from IOWA?

Hello All!

Lol.. are you from IOWA?

Why?

Hello All!

Lol.. are you from IOWA?

:lol:

Whenever someone in here writes posts and refers to Axl as if he is reading this shit, this totally freaks me out!!!

"Please Axl bla bla bla...." :wacko:

But he does read the forums. Okay he's hardly gonna drop his cup of tea and call up Merck and tell him to start printing Chinese Democracy in Area 51 but he does read what people say.

Whenever someone in here writes posts and refers to Axl as if he is reading this shit, this totally freaks me out!!!

"Please Axl bla bla bla...." :wacko:

But he does read the forums. Okay he's hardly gonna drop his cup of tea and call up Merck and tell him to start printing Chinese Democracy in Area 51 but he does read what people say.

I don't disagree with you, he might read the forum once in a while.

But I think there are other ways to make your point clear instead of writing with this style. It just sounds weird to me when it happens.

i dont think it will come out this year,

i think it was all hype so people would buy tickets to see the shows,

glad i didn't

Could you say that trademarked line, for old times' sake?

the album does not exist

*imitating teletubbies* oooh, again, again!!! :D

ever think that if axl annouces the release date other people will copy him and release there album on the same day i think axl is trying to prevent that. that is my theory.

I disagree. Albums are competitive goods so people wouldn't want to release their album on the same day as Guns N' Roses because it would (most likely) damage their number of sales.

its safe to say that its not happening this year...i know a friend who works at sanity and they have release dates up to december and january already in the bag months before hand...i doubt that GNR will go for the "any tuesday" option because you cant in this day and age without people knowing waaay in advance, it was a throwaway comment and assumption in an article that people seem to be adopting as a false hope

so im asking was it a mistake to tour with no album?

can I honestly trust anything you say, especially when you call sanctuary sanity?

actually sanity music store is a chain in Oz! maybe your thinking of something else :rolleyes:

I heard John Lennon is doing backing vocals on Catcher In The Rye.. :unsure:

Yea, and Jimmy Hendrix is gonna play lead on IRS... that is why the cd is not done yet..

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::laugh:

It's JIMI Hendrix, bugbreath. Anyway the dude's dead so how the fuck is he gonna play with GnR? Dumb bastard, fuck off back to Norway.

Where is your sense of humor idiot.... :xmassrudolph:

:lol:

How the fuck can Hendrix be on this record? He's dead, has been since 1970. Get with the times, dude. And you spell it JIMI not Jimmy.

OMG its a joke dude, relax.

Oh I agree...I would be very surprised if the album is released this year. It wouldn't make too much sense from a business perspective. IT would have to come out before christmas, so that gives them a little less than 1.5 months to promote the most expensive album in history? Not going to happen. It doesn't work that way.

I really have to comment on this. First of all, this is not the most expensive album in history. That title goes to Michael Jackson's Invincible, which I believe took 21 million dollars to produce. The 13 million dollars alotted for the album also cover enough material for the next two possibly upcoming albums. So, if you view it in this way then the actual dollar figure for this album is actually around 4-5 million dollars (probably the latter).

If you don't see it like that then it can be said that Chinese Democracy is the most expensive album that has not yet been released.

PS: I still believe the album is coming out this year.

I heard John Lennon is doing backing vocals on Catcher In The Rye.. :unsure:

Yea, and Jimmy Hendrix is gonna play lead on IRS... that is why the cd is not done yet..

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::laugh:

It's JIMI Hendrix, bugbreath. Anyway the dude's dead so how the fuck is he gonna play with GnR? Dumb bastard, fuck off back to Norway.

would you listen to this fuckin retard?