Tommy Stinson

adnan

He's got nothing on Duff.

Have you actually heard full Replacement albums. Duff never achieved that sort of technical mastery, or even basslines half as good.

I'll judge Eugene when the album comes out, but Duff was pure rock n roll hammered 24/7 with killer basslines and I loved his vocals live and on the albums and was the punk attitude that helped define AFD. What I saw of tommy, especially at download where he threw his bass, he looks like a top class cock-jockey.

Fish

Tommy Stinson is a fuckin´ legend. Those of you who "havent quite picked up his base lines" and therefore can´t comment on it. must be fuckin´ ignorant and death, and i don´t see why you like gn´r or music in general. You must be sick if your here for more than 2000 posts without being able to pick up tommys baseline lmao.

The replacements are the fuckin´shit and let it be is as great as afd.

Duff is great, but tommy has so much more talent, it actually kinda sad.

This doesn´t proove anything imo, but tommy is a rn´r hall of famer, none other gunner, past or present has come close to that.

i do think tho that guns will be a hall of fame band eventually!

but again, thomas eugene stinson is the most important part og gn´r these days!

well, Tommy might be the better musician, but when it comes to writing songs, melodies etc, Duff is way much better..

You don't know if Stinson did write some of the material that will be on CD.

Maybe, it'll be awesome.

Tommy Stinson is hot! :wub:

that's true, but I don't know if any of you guys on this forum are going to write the most badass bassriff in the future either so.. things can change, but for now, Duff

Ole Beich=gnr's #1 bass player :rofl-lol:

Hey, let that man rest in peace!

He was actually a very talented man and described as a guy with a lot of charisma. I have only heard positive and interesting stories about him. It sounds like he really fitted in to the wild life of the original band. In his hometown people still talk about him, he was the kind of guy who had it all to become a rock star, all the girls loved him and the guys wanted to be him, but unfortunately drugs spoiled it all when he ran away from rehab and drowned. Suicide or an accident caused of too many drugs? We will never know, but he sure was rock n roll all the way (not the Del-way)

I saw them both (Duff and Tommy).

I must say Duff impressed me very much. His stage presence is outstanding. Duff has an icredible stage presence, he is the best Bass player I have ever seen Live ever. He is truely exellent and melodic.

Tommy is good too, but he is kinda in the shadow. He is a good bass player, but he is not so much of a "performer" like Duff.

Edited by rockstar81

He was actually a very talented man and described as a guy with a lot of charisma. I have only heard positive and interesting stories about him. It sounds like he really fitted in to the wild life of the original band. In his hometown people still talk about him, he was the kind of guy who had it all to become a rock star, all the girls loved him and the guys wanted to be him, but unfortunately drugs spoiled it all when he ran away from rehab and drowned. Suicide or an accident caused of too many drugs? We will never know, but he sure was rock n roll all the way (not the Del-way)

I know, I have some stuff from him, he's actually better than duff and tommy

I know, I have some stuff from him, he's actually better than duff and tommy

What kind of stuff? LA Guns?

DUFF WASN"T ORIGINALLY A BASS PLAYER!!! He came into the band as a guitarist and they needed a bass player so he took it up. Of course he's not as good as he would be if he played bass his whole life like Stinson. The man deserves A LOT of credit for doing that, also shows loyalty and passion for GN'R.

Tommy Stinson is a fuckin´ legend. Those of you who "havent quite picked up his base lines" and therefore can´t comment on it. must be fuckin´ ignorant and death, and i don´t see why you like gn´r or music in general. You must be sick if your here for more than 2000 posts without being able to pick up tommys baseline lmao.

This doesn´t proove anything imo, but tommy is a rn´r hall of famer, none other gunner, past or present has come close to that.

Maybe I can't make out his work because his basslines are fucking buried underneath 3 guitars, pittman's effects, and dizzy's keyboard. What do you think? <_<

What I have seen of him doesn't really catch my attention. HE comes off as a whiny bitch (Download) and he dresses like an EMO nerd (as Dead Flower put it). If you think it's cool to throw your bass guitar at someone and whine in front of a drunk rock audience pleading to stop throwing bottles then more power to you.

So he's probably a better player than Duff. That's great. When he comes up with a bassline like in Paradise City, SCOM, Rocket Queen,etc I'll pay more attention.

Maybe I can't make out his work because his basslines are fucking buried underneath 3 guitars, pittman's effects, and dizzy's keyboard. What do you think? <_<

What I have seen of him doesn't really catch my attention. HE comes off as a whiny bitch (Download) and he dresses like an EMO nerd (as Dead Flower put it). If you think it's cool to throw your bass guitar at someone and whine in front of a drunk rock audience pleading to stop throwing bottles then more power to you.

So he's probably a better player than Duff. That's great. When he comes up with a bassline like in Paradise City, SCOM, Rocket Queen,etc I'll pay more attention.

He has. You haven't heard it is all. I mean, honestly. FUCK! You can't comment on his playing through GN'R. In all probability Chinese Democracy itself won't be an indication of his talents.

He has. You haven't heard it is all. I mean, honestly. FUCK! You can't comment on his playing through GN'R. In all probability Chinese Democracy itself won't be an indication of his talents.

Fair point...I'll concede that. The guy just bugs me in the boots I've seen of him so far. I'm seeing them live in january, so if he really is as great as you say is, I'll probably change my mind...