Continential Arena, N.J. - Tonights show updates

EFISH

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it was an awesome night. Can't wait for MSG.

I can't even imagine how crazy MSG is going to be especially since it's sold out!! I would love to go to that one too (if i could get tix) but I will never get anywhere near as close as I did. i dont' think it'll ever get better than last nite. Only if I meet him!!

Here's a mini review.

Got there about 9:30ish during Bach's set. He was good, but he's from jersey so he was definitely giving it his all. Papa Roach was what you would expect.

Now to the good stuff. At the beginning of GnR's set the bottom was basically full the top was half full. It looks like the didn't sell any seats in the top half of the 200's (upper level). The band came on about 11:40, which wasn't that late considering PR left the stage at 10:45. The show was pretty good. Not the best I've seen by Guns, but a good time. Technical problems plagued the mic again. I wonder why they can't figure this out after this many shows. Axl was in a really good mood. He warned the crowd once about throwing shit, but otherwise he was gratious and happy the whole night. I won't cover the set list because I'm sure it on here already.

Here was the problem last night. The crowd blew. It was a bad idea to play on a Sunday night. Plain and simple. Anyone who can afford a $100 concert ticket has to work in the morning and is probably tired from the weekend already. Compound that with a late start time and there was no energy to be found. A lot of people left early and I don't think it was a reflection on the band, but on the fact that it was fucking late and peoplke had to work in the morning. I tend to think that anyone who says that "Axl was going through the motions" only says that because it's pretty much the same show from hammerstein. Axl had a lot of energy and if it was your first time seeing him, it would have lived up to the hype. I took my brother in law (15) to his first Guns show and he loved it. If this show was on a Saturday night, the crowd would have been much more into it. Bad scheduling, not a bad show.

Here's a mini review.

Got there about 9:30ish during Bach's set. He was good, but he's from jersey so he was definitely giving it his all. Papa Roach was what you would expect.

Now to the good stuff. At the beginning of GnR's set the bottom was basically full the top was half full. It looks like the didn't sell any seats in the top half of the 200's (upper level). The band came on about 11:40, which wasn't that late considering PR left the stage at 10:45. The show was pretty good. Not the best I've seen by Guns, but a good time. Technical problems plagued the mic again. I wonder why they can't figure this out after this many shows. Axl was in a really good mood. He warned the crowd once about throwing shit, but otherwise he was gratious and happy the whole night. I won't cover the set list because I'm sure it on here already.

Here was the problem last night. The crowd blew. It was a bad idea to play on a Sunday night. Plain and simple. Anyone who can afford a $100 concert ticket has to work in the morning and is probably tired from the weekend already. Compound that with a late start time and there was no energy to be found. A lot of people left early and I don't think it was a reflection on the band, but on the fact that it was fucking late and peoplke had to work in the morning. I tend to think that anyone who says that "Axl was going through the motions" only says that because it's pretty much the same show from hammerstein. Axl had a lot of energy and if it was your first time seeing him, it would have lived up to the hype. I took my brother in law (15) to his first Guns show and he loved it. If this show was on a Saturday night, the crowd would have been much more into it. Bad scheduling, not a bad show.

You're very fortunate. I live in upstate NY and I haven't been to a show on a weekend in ages! Most bands stop here between gigs if at all so it's always a week night.

Besides, they wouldn't get many shows in if they only played on Fri and Sat nights.

yeah i agree wholeheartedly, i was about 3 ft. from the rail and hardly anyone was even moving. me and my gf were a little dissappointed with the crowd, but understood. we got there to see bach's whole set so by the end of the show we'd been standing for the better part of 6 and a half hours.

bbf was fucking awesome though, i think he really brought his A game for jersey.

i myself had a couple of rockstar moments. i was about a head above everyone in GA (i'm like 6'4" and was wearing huge boots) so i made definite eye contact with bach, who fucking rocked. and when the douche from papa roach came around he was like on top of me and i just looked at him with my arms folded like 'are you serious' - the fucking guy looks like he has downs syndrome and has joan jett's haircut circa '86 and can't sing or rap so does some shit combination of the two. anyway i screamed at bbf at one point and he pointed me out so that made me feel pretty good... all in all it was a sweet show.

axl's voice wasn't the best i've heard, but great none the less - he def. got tired and worn out by the end of the show. and after paradise city, as we all know, i pointed out to my friends when he threw the mic, security ran after it and took it from the guy who basically got pelted with it.

c'mon that's like asking for a foul ball back.

anyway i had a fucking awesome time.

I agree about the crowd sucking. Everyone around me was either old, lifeless, or both.

Hardly anyone was moving- which at least made it easy to see and stay close. But I was practically up against the rail and a lot of people were just bored. Axl was in full spirits though- too bad the crowd wasn't as ready to rock.

Also IMO the arena looked pretty empty, but it looked like a lot of sections were closed off. Still looked only like 80-85% full.

Axl was being a pussy again and said they'd leave if another thing was thrown, even though I honestly didn't see anything being thrown...

Lets see what else- the people in front of me were screaming "Slash is dead" at some point but I think someone shut them up. And some bitches behind me almost got into a fight because these 2 women were supposedly looking for some security guy or roadie they knew and just pushed their way up. The bitch looked drunk with a face resembeling a catcher's mit.

There were also too many solos and breaks and that just weakened the crowd even more. The only good part is that Axl surprised us with different sexy outfits lmao. Sorry but I don't wanna hear Bumblefoot or whoever play Dont Cry without Axl singing, its just boring.

My favorite part of the show was Axl and Bach singing MM, I just love seeing those two up there, Bach is funny. He kept talking about how Axl should become a "Jersey Boy", it was cute.

I Used To Love Her had a really good reaction for some reason, it was cool nontheless. All the new songs sounded amazing, Axl killed the whole night, but Better, The Blues, IRS sounded great. A lot of people looked confused during the new songs, but some were singing along!

.. Oh and Papa Roach was awesome- much better than I had expected. I got to touch the sweaty singer.

Edited by Appetite 4 Axl

So now it's the crowds fault? Maybe the band and/or the setlist had something to do with it? I donno. Just thinking outloud. Seems like there is always an excuse.

I don't think the average fan cares about the setlist. Blame should be place on the Band/producer for starting Bach at almost 9pm on a Sunday night. With three acts, the show almosts has to run until 2 am. I didn't think the wait time between Papa Roach and GnR was that excessive. I just think they should have started the whole thing at 7pm.

Ideally

Bach 7pm to 7:40

Roach 8pm to 9pm

Guns 10pm till Midnight.

I don't think the crowd would have been so lifeless with that schedule and GnR could have given us our customary 1 hour wait between acts.

So now it's the crowds fault? Maybe the band and/or the setlist had something to do with it? I donno. Just thinking outloud. Seems like there is always an excuse.

I don't think the average fan cares about the setlist. Blame should be place on the Band/producer for starting Bach at almost 9pm on a Sunday night. With three acts, the show almosts has to run until 2 am. I didn't think the wait time between Papa Roach and GnR was that excessive. I just think they should have started the whole thing at 7pm.

Ideally

Bach 7pm to 7:40

Roach 8pm to 9pm

Guns 10pm till Midnight.

I don't think the crowd would have been so lifeless with that schedule and GnR could have given us our customary 1 hour wait between acts.

exactly!

Me and my friend were screaming our asses off and jumping around down on the floor but we were surrounded by a bunch of duds who kept shooting us dirty looks like we were bothering them. I don't understand why ppl get pissed at concerts. It's going to be noisy, ppl are going to be crazy and you're going to get bumped into. Maybe even have a drink spilt on you. But WHO CARES?! that's why the crowd sucked cause there were so many moody fuck heads who get pissed if someone accidently touches them!!

Sorry-had to vent. But I had a blast and if the crowd was so bad why did Axl keep complimenting us saying what a good crowd we were? Couldn't have been that bad then.

awful crowd, felt bad for the band..people sitting and justr standing very quiet..was upset about it...energy was nothing like hammerstei..

toomany solos and too long...too much bullshit in between songs...And the new stuff takes the air out of the crowd and on sunday night at 1am its hard to get them going again...The old classics had people singing and rocking, and then two new songs noone new made everyone run for the bathrooms or sit down..If we had an album theses shows would be much much better...MSG on a friday should be a lot better and a much more enthusiastic crowd.

looked abit empty in that arena.

How?

In one of the photo's it gives the impression of an empty'ish area. In some of the other photo's it looks filled up.

I already stated that I went to the box office durring the show and the show was OVER 90% sold out. The earlier pictures show an almost filled arena. As time went buy obviously more people left. More than 90% of the tickets were sold period...

Yeah, no way it was 90% sold out. I looked all over and there were sections, not seats, that were empty. If you're gonna insist it was 90% sold out then either the box office lied to you or you're just in denial of the fact that GNR just isn't as popular as they once was....

Hey Dude ! Remember Me? Guy with the Venezuelan Flag and a Drunk Friend ?? We had a Blast didn't we ? Your Pics ar Nice as Hell !! If you have more please post them !!

Well,I'm glad my flag was signed by almost Everybody ! i made good friends that night ! and I'm also glad my Flag was taken by Bumblefoot !! I hope he remember us everytime he looks at it ! i'm kinda proud of what I acomplished ! :) anyway,i was a Great Concert,fuck all of you who did not know how to have a good time.. I had to work the next day,i only slept 3 hours !! i had a huge headache but you know what ? It Was Fucking Worth it !! Listening to those songs Live for the First time is something i can't really explain... i waited more than 14 years for that Night and it made up every day and hour ! ... They did not play Estranged (My Favorite) But it's all good.. I got to record November Rain ! the Complete 8:20 minutes ! i tried to upload to youtube.com but it takes forever ! when i do so i'll post the link ! ..

Papa Roach was amazing ! When He Jumped over me everybody was making fun of me saing i was touching his Ass !! No I wasn't !! That Guy is Rich like a Moherf** And I Was trying o get his Wallet ! end of Story! .. :rofl-lol: ...

Here are some Pics .. Hope you enjoy 'em ..

BTW does anybody have more Pics/Videos of the guys with the Flag ? I'd really appreciate it if you post them or send them to me ..

GunsNRosesTheContinentalAirlinesAre.jpg

GunsNRosesTheContinentalAirlines-1.jpg

GunsNRosesTheContinentalAirlines-2.jpg

GunsNRosesTheContinentalAirlines-3.jpg

GunsNRosesTheContinentalAirlines-4.jpg

GunsNRosesTheContinentalAirlines-5.jpg

GunsNRosesTheContinentalAirlines-6.jpg

GunsNRosesTheContinentalAirlines-8.jpg

GunsNRosesTheContinentalAirlines-7.jpg

Hey Dude ! Remember Me? Guy with the Venezuelan Flag and a Drunk Friend ?? We had a Blast didn't we ? Your Pics ar Nice as Hell !! If you have more please post them !!

Well,I'm glad my flag was signed by almost Everybody ! i made good friends that night ! and I'm also glad my Flag was taken by Bumblefoot !! I hope he remember us everytime he looks at it ! i'm kinda proud of what I acomplished ! :) anyway,i was a Great Concert,fuck all of you who did not know how to have a good time.. I had to work the next day,i only slept 3 hours !! i had a huge headache but you know what ? It Was Fucking Worth it !! Listening to those songs Live for the First time is something i can't really explain... i waited more than 14 years for that Night and it made up every day and hour ! ... They did not play Estranged (My Favorite) But it's all good.. I got to record November Rain ! the Complete 8:20 minutes ! i tried to upload to youtube.com but it takes forever ! when i do so i'll post the link ! ..

Papa Roach was amazing ! When He Jumped over me everybody was making fun of me saing i was touching his Ass !! No I wasn't !! That Guy is Rich like a Moherf** And I Was trying o get his Wallet ! end of Story! .. :rofl-lol: ...

Here are some Pics .. Hope you enjoy 'em ..

BTW does anybody have more Pics/Videos of the guys with the Flag ? I'd really appreciate it if you post them or send them to me ..

The flag is really cool! Great pics!