Tonight's Portland Show Cancelled

final_touches

2007 IS THE YEAR FOR GUNS N ROSES!!!!!!! rock3

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

LOL! :lol:

If it was cancelled for Letterman, then it's understandable.... if not, then that sucks ass. Kinda hard for me to have much sympathy for the Portland crew; I had tickets to the 2002 shows in LA that were cancelled too.

No, that would not be acceptable. You can't just cancel on 5000+ fans who've paid a lot of money they won't get back to travel to the gig just because you get a better offer.

I seriously doubt that's what happened- the fire safety cancellation is the most plausible explanation offered, and under those circumstances it would be reasonable to cancel.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this really pisses me off. ive been looking foward to this ever since the rumor about it. and now ive lost every ounce of respect ive ever had for him. :fuckyou: fuck you axl

Go cry somewhere else. You say 'fuck you axl' but u will still listen to his music and ud cream in your pants if u met him, i understand how it feels to have a gig cancelled on ya, i had it and had to wait 5 long years for them to come here again. but i was patient. Chill man. nobody cares if you're mad. n00b.

dude, this was probably your reaction when your show got cancelled. ill get over it, im just venting.

Calm down people. Right now this is just a rumour and if it is true the gig has been cancelled we shouldn´t judge nor blame anybody yet. Remember in GNRland people tend to twist things so, chill out and let´s see what happens.

People have every right to be pissed off NR. There had better be a good reason for this one - hopefully something better than "Axl wasn't allowed to bring alcohol on stage".

Of course they have the right to be pissed off! I was just trying to tell them to be prudent because we don´t know the truth yet, that´s all. I would also be pissed if I was in the same situation but we shouldn´t run that fast in our judgements without knowing what´s really happened.

Well, lots of rumours are flying in - the latest is that the Fire Marshall won't let them play.

But who knows? I just feel sorry for the fans that paid for plane tickets and flew to the show. I know i'll be thinking twice before doing that if they come to Australia. It was something I was considering doing.

this really pisses me off. ive been looking foward to this ever since the rumor about it. and now ive lost every ounce of respect ive ever had for him. :fuckyou: fuck you axl

Go cry somewhere else. You say 'fuck you axl' but u will still listen to his music and ud cream in your pants if u met him, i understand how it feels to have a gig cancelled on ya, i had it and had to wait 5 long years for them to come here again. but i was patient. Chill man. nobody cares if you're mad. n00b.

Lets just wait and see, maybe the fire marshall said no to pyrotecnics and he said fuck you, I see that more that the BS about alcohol. He is tempting fate though. Damnit, I was gonna take my son to his first concert in Dec. I am gonna hate to tell him they cancelled, gonna probobly have to take him to Greenday now, Damnit! :anger:

The pryo is also quite possible. It's a VERY small venue, about 3 stories high I think and I doubt the pyro would go over well there.

If it was cancelled for Letterman, then it's understandable.... if not, then that sucks ass. Kinda hard for me to have much sympathy for the Portland crew; I had tickets to the 2002 shows in LA that were cancelled too.

No, that would not be acceptable. You can't just cancel on 5000+ fans who've paid a lot of money they won't get back to travel to the gig just because you get a better offer.

I seriously doubt that's what happened- the fire safety cancellation is the most plausible explanation offered, and under those circumstances it would be reasonable to cancel.

Big difference between "understandable" and "acceptable".

Calm down people. Right now this is just a rumour and if it is true the gig has been cancelled we shouldn´t judge nor blame anybody yet. Remember in GNRland people tend to twist things so, chill out and let´s see what happens.

People have every right to be pissed off NR. There had better be a good reason for this one - hopefully something better than "Axl wasn't allowed to bring alcohol on stage".

Thats the thing. People have saved money and made sacrifices in their personal lives to get to this show, to display their support for the band. If they have cancelled for anything other than a blindingly obviously important reason (Bereavement, serious illness, connecting flight cancelled etc) then it sucks.

Doing a TV show isn't an excuse either as they planned this schedule themselves, it's not as if they had to play Maine tonight, they did that off their own backs.

I'll wait before I hang Axl, but if management try to create some PR bull$hit excuse it won't wash with most people.

But as mentioned by the people above who aren't slobbering Axl infatuists it's the people who have taken time off work, given up seeing their friends and family, bought plane/trane/bus tickets and given their hard earned money up that I feel sorry for.

But it always rains in Portland, so if there was a fire...wouldnt it be put out almost immediately? :unsure:

Lets just wait and see, maybe the fire marshall said no to pyrotecnics and he said fuck you, I see that more that the BS about alcohol. He is tempting fate though. Damnit, I was gonna take my son to his first concert in Dec. I am gonna hate to tell him they cancelled, gonna probobly have to take him to Greenday now, Damnit! :anger:

Greenday??? Id rather tell my kids they were gonna die of herpes before they were 10 years old! Im sure this is just a one off, Axl cant afford to fuck around like he used to. Its make or break time. Dont worry man, you wont be seeing Greenday, only in your nightmares. :krider:

Thats the thing. People have saved money and made sacrifices in their personal lives to get to this show, to display their support for the band. If they have cancelled for anything other than a blindingly obviously important reason (Bereavement, serious illness, connecting flight cancelled etc) then it sucks.

Doing a TV show isn't an excuse either as they planned this schedule themselves, it's not as if they had to play Maine tonight, they did that off their own backs.

I'll wait before I hang Axl, but if management try to create some PR bull$hit excuse it won't wash with most people.

But as mentioned by the people above who aren't slobbering Axl infatuists it's the people who have taken time off work, given up seeing their friends and family, bought plane/trane/bus tickets and given their hard earned money up that I feel sorry for.

okay i am new at the whole concert thing but wouldn't they know ahead of time about the fire marshall thing i mean the day of is just really fucked i meanthey booked the dam on the night they wanted didn't they know the rules :anger:

Edited by chesire78

Well, I guess this explains why the board slowed down to a crawl and it took me 20 minutes to post in the 'met bbf' thread.

Oddly enough, I pointed out in that thread that if there were problems out of Axl's control (ie: Sanctuary politics) holding everything back, watch for him to get into a crappy mood.

This sounds like a crappy mood to me. :(

Greenday??? Id rather tell my kids they were gonna die of herpes before they were 10 years old! Im sure this is just a one off, Axl cant afford to fuck around like he used to. Its make or break time. Dont worry man, you wont be seeing Greenday, only in your nightmares. :krider:

I hope you are right, jesus. Thanks for th vote of confidence. One more thing, I have already counted 4 people ripping AXL for David Ltterman over the concert, lol, are you kidding me. How insane. A myriad of other reasons:

1,000,006 Cancelled show due to not being able to find parking.

1,000,007 Cancelled show due to David Letterman aoppearance. ;)

one more thing, I saw em in SF 9/20 in small venue (warfield) and the fireball were kinda scary....I was looking for quick exit after Live and Let Die!

Edited by Gunzen

Well, lots of rumours are flying in - the latest is that the Fire Marshall won't let them play.

But who knows? I just feel sorry for the fans that paid for plane tickets and flew to the show. I know i'll be thinking twice before doing that if they come to Australia. It was something I was considering doing.

yeah i know, me too, i was going to all the east coast shows, but if this shit starts again? hell i think we will be lucky if they make down.