Press statement on canceled Portland show

madison

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the San Fran shows have no pyro? I just don't really buy this excuse. They could've played the show regardless and come out looking like the good guys. That part about fans being harrassed and threatened doesn't even make sense to me. How exactly were fans going to be harrassed and threatened because the band didn't have fireworks?

A refund isn't good enough. With all the BS "convenience" fees that Ticketwanker and the venue charges, you're still down almost $30 on two tickets. I had tickets for 3 shows in 02 when he cancelled. That litle stint cost $80. I'm keeping a close eye on this. One more cancel and I will NOT be buying tickets.

This might be a little harsh but what do you guys think? If Merck or Axl announce that the album is being delayed till next year, blaming Sanctuary or Interscope for the delay of course, I hope that there's a huge riot at the next show and Axl's bandmates quit on his sorry ass. Tommy needs to use his Bass Donnington style on Axl and sort things out. I bet you Brain is waiting till the album comes out to announce his resignation. That way Axl won't be able to delete his parts and Brain will still get royalties. Slash and Duff must be having a good chuckle tonight.

Didn't the San Fran shows have no pyro? I just don't really buy this excuse. They could've played the show regardless and come out looking like the good guys. That part about fans being harrassed and threatened doesn't even make sense to me. How exactly were fans going to be harrassed and threatened because the band didn't have fireworks?

Well, I know if I ran into someone who went to a GNR show w/out pyro, I would kick them in the junk and laugh at them. Maybe thats what they meant...:P

YEah fuck axl. Im currently in a room full of pissed off Portland Maine gunners. i mean we all took time off of work, and now we have to take more time off and drive to worcester? I wish they would have never added the maine date in the first place..

I live in Portland, and was looking forward to this show for a long time. I work at a local ABC t.v. affiliate, WMTW News 8, and had to ask for time off a long time ago due to tommorrow being election day. Needless to say this is fucking stupid. I can't drive to worcester on wednesday night, so I guesse I just have to suck it up and pray they come anywhere close to New England "Next Time"...... (It is a shame they only sold 3500 tickets though, I thought the show would sell out quick up hear.)

Edited by fat4201

This might be a little harsh but what do you guys think? If Merck or Axl announce that the album is being delayed till next year, blaming Sanctuary or Interscope for the delay of course, I hope that there's a huge riot at the next show and Axl's bandmates quit on his sorry ass. Tommy needs to use his Bass Donnington style on Axl and sort things out. I bet you Brain is waiting till the album comes out to announce his resignation. That way Axl won't be able to delete his parts and Brain will still get royalties. Slash and Duff must be having a good chuckle tonight.

Nah, I think they could also blame another delay on the fire marshal. The inserts are too flamable for public consumption, we had to pull it.

If I was Brain I'd be fucking pissed off that Axl had another drummer(Frank) record parts on the album. "Yeah Brain since you didn't want to play shows because you had a kid I'm going to let Frank record some drum parts for the album. Next time you want time off from the band you need a good excuse like the pyro being too weak".

Edited by Randy Lahey

They better continue the tour in Worcester because I got tickets for that and I've been waiting forever to see them live finally. They better not fuck up now :fuckyou:

I am somewhat sure your show is safe....shit if they can't pull that show off after tonights debacle, then its time to board it up. I am having doubts about my show in Minneapolis now.....:((

It's never GNR's fault <_<

Maybe not, but it was a management fault. The stupid in charge should be fired and they need to hire somebody able to beside other stuff call and visit each venue in advance (during the tour!) and check a long list of things. It looks like there are a lot of amateurs there. Soundboard problems, problems with the fire dept. in the day of the show, this is a joke. The good guys on the GNR 'family' needs better assistants, IMHO.

I was being sarcastic...

I love how every press release that deals with some negative happening always ends up with GNR/Merck/Axl/and now Sanctuary attacking and putting all the blame onto someone else....in their eyes it's never their fault and everyone is trying to single them out.

no wonder Axl still plays "Out Ta get Me"...cause he still thinks the fire marshals, buckethead, slash/duff, and the whatever "stopped" him from doing Vancouver/Philly are out to get him

I don't know, i don't know. I'll sit here to wait the Del James word on the situation. I can't wait for a rant against us and the mechanical bull, oops, fire marshalls. We, the non-fans are always sarcastic. :rofl-lol:

I really feel sorry for Robin and Ron though.

Pyro's is no f*ing excuse. I was just there 2 weeks ago for Godsmack. they had big pyros. Motley Crue last year? Big Pyros. I don't know what happened, but it wasn't the freakin' pyros....

Dear Guns N' Roses webmaster,

Please remove the "Buy" button from the tour dates section for the Portland, Maine show. It's sort of tacky keeping it there since the show was just cancelled.

Thanks,

A Fan

P.S. Having a picture of Axl giving the finger right above a press release about a cancelled show is also sort of tacky.

Dear Guns N' Roses webmaster,

Please remove the "Buy" button from the tour dates section for the Portland, Maine show. It's sort of tacky keeping it there since the show was just cancelled.

Thanks,

A Fan

P.S. Having a picture of Axl giving the finger right above a press release about a cancelled show is also sort of tacky.

..and yet it is sorta funny. B)

Dear Guns and Roses Fans,

Welcome to the Jungle. The truth be told there is several incosistencies that have followed the cancelation of this show. I will attempt to clear them up. The fire marshall was none other than Jim Carey trying to relive his In Living Color role.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc-1D0r_J_Q

Posted on the door of venue was this note attached by someone called "Del" the note reads as follows.....

Tonights the night...gonna be alright.....but Axls in the studio laying down "one last track" cuz tommorows the day...everythings gonna be ok... come the morning light... it'll be alright....just yu wait and see....all you internet geeks.-Del

Edited by rockerman

GNR was never about fuckin Pyrotechnics . Good thing that press release is total bullshit because if it were true it would be very pathetic . Fact is that there were only 3,000 people and Axl decided not to show up . I bet you that if the show would have been a sell out they never cancel it. Anybody who believes the Pyro story is a fuckin idiot . This is Axl not fuckin KISS. They don't need pyro to be able to play.

Dear Guns and Roses Fans,

Welcome to the Jungle. The truth be told there is several incosistencies that have followed the cancelation of this show. I will attempt to clear them up. The fire marshall was none other than Jim Carey trying to relieve his in living color role.....

Posted on the door of venue was this note attached by someone called "Del" the note reads as follows.....

Tonights the night...gonna be alright.....but Axls in the studio laying down "one last track" cuz tommorows the day...everythings gonna be ok... come the morning light... it'll be alright....just yu wait and see....all you internet geeks.-Del

the thrill of victory

&

the agony of defeat

rock3