The Letterman Rumor Revisited

axlslash

You would think that if the performance was taped earlier, then someone would know if they are playing or not. Maybe a live performance some how?

I wish it were true! The show is taped five hours before broadcast. There is no live broadcast. It's what we in the biss call live to tape. But I hope they are on this taped broadcast. But since such an event would be in their promos, I can have little hope.

Edited by stephenstixx

Ok, well what if they taped EARLIER? Not today, but perhaps last night after the show, in a specially arranged taping session. I mean, it is possible, it IS GN'R. It may not be 1990 anymore, but the GN'R name itself is still sort of a legend so I'm sure those kind of arrangements could've been made on the spot.

And if they did tape it earlier than the usual time, that would serve as the source of the rumors...

It reminds me of all the rumors swirling around right before the 02 VMA's...and then it happend.

Who knows with GN'R?

This has been confirmed false by urchinlurchin who originally posted the rumor over at cd.com.

"GN'R has been taken off this week's calendar entirely.

For those of you who feel I misled you, I apologize and assure you that GN'R (as of last week ) was on the calendar for a Monday or Thursday appearance this week. As I said they have been pulled off this week's calendar 100%. My information was accurate then as it is now.

To reiterate, I was referring to the calendar in the production office, not the one available to the general public via the Late Show website.

Sorry it's not happening; wish it were and hope that one day it will.

Apologies to those for whom English is not a first language, as apparently my posts were confusing. (However, if English is your first language, your parents and teachers owe you the apology.)"

http://chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=20352

C'mon, you really think the band is that hard up to get on a late night talk show and they would be using the firemarshall excuse if the Letterman thing were true?

But throw enough shit against the wall and someday something might stick(maybe)...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Did no one read my post? It's not happening.

This has been confirmed false by urchinlurchin who originally posted the rumor over at cd.com.

"GN'R has been taken off this week's calendar entirely.

For those of you who feel I misled you, I apologize and assure you that GN'R (as of last week ) was on the calendar for a Monday or Thursday appearance this week. As I said they have been pulled off this week's calendar 100%. My information was accurate then as it is now.

To reiterate, I was referring to the calendar in the production office, not the one available to the general public via the Late Show website.

Sorry it's not happening; wish it were and hope that one day it will.

Apologies to those for whom English is not a first language, as apparently my posts were confusing. (However, if English is your first language, your parents and teachers owe you the apology.)"

http://chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=20352

C'mon, you really think the band is that hard up to get on a late night talk show and they would be using the firemarshall excuse if the Letterman thing were true?

But throw enough shit against the wall and someday something might stick(maybe)...

No GNR will never be hard up. as long as there are fans. I never thought they would be on the show. If they were then they knew this gig would never happen yesterday. Letterman doesnt just book out of no where. There are schedules. It would have been nice to see them on TV tonight though.

I had not seen that this was 100% false. Also, if no bigtime GNR fans were at the taping (which is more than possible) how would we know? It's clearly not happening now, but it was not unreasonable to think that we wouldn't know about it.

I had not seen that this was 100% false. Also, if no bigtime GNR fans were at the taping (which is more than possible) how would we know? It's clearly not happening now, but it was not unreasonable to think that we wouldn't know about it.

Honestly we would have known. Networks are in the most important ratings period of the year. Letterman would Have plugged the hell out of it.

Edited by stephenstixx

Tonight on Letterman.

The top ten excuses for Guns N Roses cancelling thier show in Portland, Maine:

[ 10 ] The Laker game is on TV tonight

[ 9 ] Axl’s still getting over Buckethead quitting

[ 8 ] Axl’s mic got lost in the barrel of monkeys

[ 7 ] Baz has a sore throat and GNR would hate for Papa Roach to be the only warm-up

[ 6 ] Bumblefoot got tied up in airport security (refused to take his shoes off)

[ 5 ] The venue refused to provide a litterbox for Axl’s girlfriend

[ 4 ] The band needs tonight to put finishing touches on Chinese Democracy

[ 3 ] Three words: violent botox reaction

[ 2 ] The whole band wants to spend some time with Brain’s new baby

[ 1 ] The evil fire marshall hates Guns N’ Roses

Tonight on Letterman.

[ 7 ] Baz has a sore throat and GNR would hate for Papa Roach to be the only warm-up

[ 6 ] Bumblefoot got tied up in airport security (refused to take his shoes off)

:rofl-lol:

Tonight on Letterman.

.....LOL