It wouldn't be a true GNR tour...

Allen8R

I admit that it really really sucks for all the people who were going to see GNR tonight, that the Portland show got the plug pulled on it. But hey, we should think optomisticaly. People still have a chance to see the show and if they cannot attend, they can get their cash back. But more importantly is that it wouldn;t be a GNR tour if there wasn't cancelations like this. It's deeply routed in GNR history to show up late, walk off sets and cancel shows.

I don't understand people who complain about Axl hitting the stage late. They almost seem surprised that he does so...Axl always has and always will hit the stage late. Like being an Asshole (in a good way) it's one of his defining characteristics.

Same thing with cancelations. It fucking sucks the show got pulled, but fuck, thats GNR's attitude. "Be ready for us or fuck you", and I admire tha attitude. It's like the Download Festival, when Axl ended the show early because of the piss bottle throwing ralley that was going on. My only regret about that day is that he didn't walk out on stage, tell the dickheads who fucked it up to suck his balls, slam the mic down and storm off stage.

I think the late showings, early endings and cancelations are an esential part of the GNR diet and it goes to show that they are back in full force.

If you're scared to play with fire... you WILL get burned.

A8R

Edited by allen8r

I admit that it really really sucks for all the people who were going to see GNR tonight, that the Portland show got the plug pulled on it. But hey, we should think optomisticaly. People still have a chance to see the show and if they cannot attend, they can get their cash back. But more importantly is that it wouldn;t be a GNR tour if there wasn't cancelations like this. It's deeply routed in GNR history to show up late, walk off sets and cancel shows.

I don't understand people who complain about Axl hitting the stage late. They almost seem surprised that he does so...Axl always has and always will hit the stage late. Like being an Asshole (in a good way) it's one of his defining characteristics.

Same thing with cancelations. It fucking sucks the show got pulled, but fuck, thats GNR's attitude. "Be ready for us or fuck you", and I admire tha attitude. It's like the Download Festival, when Axl ended the show early because of the piss bottle throwing ralley that was going on. My only regret about that day is that he didn't walk out on stage, tell the dickheads who fucked it up to suck his balls, slam the mic down and storm off stage.

I think the late showings, early endings and cancelations are an esential part of the GNR diet and it goes to show that they are back in full force.

If you're scared to play with fire... you WILL get burned.

A8R

I thoguht I was the only one who had followed Guns long enough to get what you just wrote. And as a "newbie" would not say it myself. And Guns has cancelled on me in 2002. Did I hold it against them? Fuck no. You know this band. and for those who don.t Well? Welcome to the Fucking Jungle!

Edited by stephenstixx

If I'm traveling out of town just to see a bad, I'd like them to actually show up.

It's not a problem for me, but if I have to get up early to work, I'd like them to start playing at a reasonable time.

If I'm spending money to go to a concert and putting up with the possibility of them not showing up and having to wait an hour or longer for them to go on, I'd like if they play a long set, as long as everywhere else they play at least.

This isn't GNR from the early 90's, some wild, out of control rock band that can't be predicted...He's like 40 now pulling the same shit he was pulling when he was 28. Going on late now and then? Fine. Cancelling shows because it can't be avoided? Alright....but it's bullshit to do things like this just for the sake of doing it.

If I'm traveling out of town just to see a bad, I'd like them to actually show up.

It's not a problem for me, but if I have to get up early to work, I'd like them to start playing at a reasonable time.

If I'm spending money to go to a concert and putting up with the possibility of them not showing up and having to wait an hour or longer for them to go on, I'd like if they play a long set, as long as everywhere else they play at least.

This isn't GNR from the early 90's, some wild, out of control rock band that can't be predicted...He's like 40 now pulling the same shit he was pulling when he was 28. Going on late now and then? Fine. Cancelling shows because it can't be avoided? Alright....but it's bullshit to do things like this just for the sake of doing it.

I here you. I myself saw them 11-02-06. They went on at 11:38pm and ended at 2:00am I had a 2 hour drive home and had to be at work at 5am. It was a shitty day. I wished they could have hit the stage at 10:45. But they could not. They have there reasons. And the rumors on line are probably not them. If you are not in GNR you can;t know why they go on so late in the night. But I believe it is to give the best show possible. And they have given me that show several times now.

Edited by stephenstixx

You may like being treated like a doormat and saying we should expect it, but that is total BS and you know it. You seem to forget what it takes for some people to get to a show.

- Travel. Not everyone lives next to the venue. Some come in from out of state.

- Time off. WHo wants to waste vacation time for an event that doesn't happen. Or worse, losing hours.

- Not everyone can afford to throw away money on high service charges. The avergae is $15 a ticket now. Who pays us back for that?

Once again, a nice big fuck you very much to his ever loyal fan base. I'm sure a psychologist would have a field day with this. Like a lover who returns to an abusive relationship.

You may like being treated like a doormat and saying we should expect it, but that is total BS and you know it. You seem to forget what it takes for some people to get to a show.

- Travel. Not everyone lives next to the venue. Some come in from out of state.

- Time off. WHo wants to waste vacation time for an event that doesn't happen. Or worse, losing hours.

- Not everyone can afford to throw away money on high service charges. The avergae is $15 a ticket now. Who pays us back for that?

Once again, a nice big fuck you very much to his ever loyal fan base. I'm sure a psychologist would have a field day with this. Like a lover who returns to an abusive relationship.

You either know Axl or you don't. I just except I may see Guns and have a good night or I wont . It will either be a night I wont forget or It will be a let down. I have had both nights. I just hope for a good one.

Edited by stephenstixx

See that type of inconsistency is sad. I'd much rather see an act who I know will deliver the goods EVERY time. It's like a fucking soap opera. I really, really thought he'd figured this shit out. He was doing so well. Guess some things never change.

Few great artist ever change. I belive Axl means well. He will never do a show that is not his vision. Or an album for that matter. Which is why we wait. Some times we wait at the stage..Some times at the record store. But don't be mistaken. If Axl feels it isn't right it will not happen. He's long past what most artist do or the label wants him to do. For Axl it's about his art. And only he can decide when a show or album are ready.

Axl cancels a show at the last minute and a riot doesn't ensue? It's all over Axl, you've lost your ability to start riots... the bell has tolled. Perhaps Jarmo was threatening to ban potential rioters from his website.

Edited by Randy Lahey

See that type of inconsistency is sad. I'd much rather see an act who I know will deliver the goods EVERY time. It's like a fucking soap opera. I really, really thought he'd figured this shit out. He was doing so well. Guess some things never change.

Few great artist ever change. I belive Axl means well. He will never do a show that is not his vision. Or an album for that matter. Which is why we wait. Some times we wait at the stage..Some times at the record store. But don't be mistaken. If Axl feels it isn't right it will not happen. He's long past what most artist do or the label wants him to do. For Axl it's about his art. And only he can decide when a show or album are ready.

Good point, you're gnna do good on this forum.

In sociology we study how major labels attempt to construct what music tops the charts and becomes popular. This in turn tries to turn people into cultrue dopes with no sense of individualism or thought control. Axl busts right through this and has the label by the balls, when he feels things are right, he will let it loose. Same idea with the shows, if things aren't just right...to hell with it.

A8R

Axl cancels a show at the last minute and a riot doesn't ensue? It's all over Axl, you've lost your ability to start riots... the bell has tolled. Perhaps Jarmo was threatening to ban potential rioters from his website.

I know GNR's music has matured over the years. I would like to think the fans Have matured with it. And know riots solve nothing,

Good point, you're gnna do good on this forum.

In sociology we study how major labels attempt to construct what music tops the charts and becomes popular. This in turn tries to turn people into cultrue dopes with no sense of individualism or thought control. Axl busts right through this and has the label by the balls, when he feels things are right, he will let it loose. Same idea with the shows, if things aren't just right...to hell with it.

A8R

Thanks for the kind words :)

Well, the way I look at it is like this. The positive aspect is that this is the first show he's canceled on the American tour. All the others have come off pretty good besides him being late at times. But it still sucks major dick for the people going there. Especially anyone who came out of state.

A refund isn't enough in my opinion because that doesn't cover the other shit like gas money and eveything else to go see them. It's cool and all that people can come to Worcester, but I'm sure that a lot of those people may not either come because A: Fear of Axl not showing or it canceling, and B: Some people can't afford to drive all the way to Worcester when they just got done driving up to Portland (If they didn't live there already of course.) It's just bullshit for the fans. It's also just a huge letdown! Sure, there is positive aspects such as this being the first show to cancel, but I think the negative shit the fans went through is a lot more important. I just truely personally hope the people who did miss this can get to see Guns N' Roses sometime. Because the people who go to these canceled shows deserve a LOT more than us lucky ones who do get to go.

My two cents.

AR

Well, the way I look at it is like this. The positive aspect is that this is the first show he's canceled on the American tour. All the others have come off pretty good besides him being late at times. But it still sucks major dick for the people going there. Especially anyone who came out of state.

A refund isn't enough in my opinion because that doesn't cover the other shit like gas money and eveything else to go see them. It's cool and all that people can come to Worcester, but I'm sure that a lot of those people may not either come because A: Fear of Axl not showing or it canceling, and B: Some people can't afford to drive all the way to Worcester when they just got done driving up to Portland (If they didn't live there already of course.) It's just bullshit for the fans. It's also just a huge letdown! Sure, there is positive aspects such as this being the first show to cancel, but I think the negative shit the fans went through is a lot more important. I just truely personally hope the people who did miss this can get to see Guns N' Roses sometime. Because the people who go to these canceled shows deserve a LOT more than us lucky ones who do get to go.

My two cents.

AR

Yeah some days it is easier to be a GNR Fan than others. I saw them in 91. They played 45 minutes and left. Saw them again in April 93, they played almost 3 hours. Then 2002 they cancelled the tour the day I had tickets to see them again. And now I went to a show 11-02-06 and was blown away. It's hard to be let down, but live and let die.

I do not think that because the GNR namesake is notorious for starting late that it is acceptable for the band to go on so late. But I do not think people should be so surprised. And in this case, the band had every reason to play but outside influences (the law) prevented it. Plenty of other bands had to cancel and/or reschedule due to similar factors. The CD North America tour is a pretty big show. There is a lot of dangerous stuff going around that requires perfect timing by the band and engineers. The venue just could not support it and I would agree with the band on this one. If they can't give 100%. Then what's the point? Musiceans are artists and their music is their lives. They KNEW the show would suffer playing with the restrictions that were imposed. GNR cannot settle. It is all or nothing. After all, this IS GNR. I do not agree with Axl on many points. But then again, I was never the front man for the greatest musical force in the history of the world. I have had many years of pure enjoyment listening to the music and the words that came out of this band. I guess Axl does have many bad qualities, but there are also many great qualities as well. And ultimately I suppose this combination is why we all love GNR. The late, arrogant and selfish Axl, is the same person that helped inspire a generation. The same person who created magnificant works of expression. So we must simply take the good with the bad. because if AXL wasn't everything that he is... There would never have been a GNR. This forum would not exist. And in a way I am very greatfull that Axl is who is. I guess someone had to do it...???

I do not think that because the GNR namesake is notorious for starting late that it is acceptable for the band to go on so late. But I do not think people should be so surprised. And in this case, the band had every reason to play but outside influences (the law) prevented it. Plenty of other bands had to cancel and/or reschedule due to similar factors. The CD North America tour is a pretty big show. There is a lot of dangerous stuff going around that requires perfect timing by the band and engineers. The venue just could not support it and I would agree with the band on this one. If they can't give 100%. Then what's the point? Musiceans are artists and their music is their lives. They KNEW the show would suffer playing with the restrictions that were imposed. GNR cannot settle. It is all or nothing. After all, this IS GNR. I do not agree with Axl on many points. But then again, I was never the front man for the greatest musical force in the history of the world. I have had many years of pure enjoyment listening to the music and the words that came out of this band. I guess Axl does have many bad qualities, but there are also many great qualities as well. And ultimately I suppose this combination is why we all love GNR. The late, arrogant and selfish Axl, is the same person that helped inspire a generation. The same person who created magnificant works of expression. So we must simply take the good with the bad. because if AXL wasn't everything that he is... There would never have been a GNR. This forum would not exist. And in a way I am very greatfull that Axl is who is. I guess someone had to do it...???

Fucking A Brother!!!