Maine State Fire Marshall on WBCN in Boston

axltransam

John Deen, Maine State Fire Marshal was just on the air with WBCN stating that the pyro technics were fine, that one small adjustment was made. The only issue was that the band wanted to bring bottles of booze on stage and this is prohibited by the liquor law. They can bring cups on stage, but not bottles It was rumored that only 3000 tix were sold and normally when about 500 fans are waiting outside to get in, there were only about 50. Axl was rumored to not even be in the state of Maine. State Fire Marshall calls bullshit.

source www.wbcn.com (interview about 5 mins ago)

I listened to the whole thing, if u got questions, let me know.

O well, im off to the DCU center tommorow..Chinese Democracy starts now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John Deen, Maine State Fire Marshal was just on the air with WBCN stating that the pyro technics were fine, that one small adjustment was made. The only issue was that the band wanted to bring bottles of booze on stage and this is prohibited by the liquor law. They can bring cups on stage, but not bottles It was rumored that only 3000 tix were sold and normally when about 500 fans are waiting outside to get in, there were only about 50. Axl was rumored to not even be in the state of Maine. State Fire Marshall calls bullshit.

Interesting. :book:

A general diagram of the pyrotechnics was sent months ago with no major issues and because Portlands arena was a little different (as all arenas are) a small adjustment had to be made which, allegedly was fine with the GNR camp. The fire marshall claims that becaue BOTTLES of booze were not allowed, they felt this was a material grievance and completley unnacceptable. The Boston radio stations are blaming ticket sales big time...fuk..im getting nervous.

Axl and the band have a history of drinking on stage?

Well done mr fire marshall, 2 seconds of fame now please fuck off!

That was suspect I agree...but the point is...he should have still played the show instead of blaming it on pyro GOAB. This is a rock band, not a vegas act. Now you have 3000 pissed off fans and the first fuckup of the American tour.

Axl and the band have a history of drinking on stage?

Well done mr fire marshall, 2 seconds of fame now please fuck off!

That was suspect I agree...but the point is...he should have still played the show instead of blaming it on pyro GOAB. This is a rock band, not a vegas act. Now you have 3000 pissed off fans and the first fuckup of the American tour.

I agree, the best thing was to play the show and spin it as for good pr.

"People tried to stop us playing tonight but we felt we owed the fans".

so axl decided not to go onstage because he didnt bring a bottle of booze onto the stage (has he ever done that anyway, he's always using cups right? ) and besides he wasn't even in the same state. this sure makes a lot of sense :blink:

3000 pissed off fans will still buy the new album when it drops. Fuck Portland Maine. Tell them to go to NY to watch the show.

Nice attitude, dickweed. I'm sure Portland feels the same way about you.

I don't think Portland has a choice bro. The show is cancelled, end of story. Portland fans have an option to get a refund on their tickets or trade them in for the next best seats for the next show.

Yea, I havent seen the band have bottles of booze on other gigs so I don't belive it

At Rock In Rio 2006, during Welcome To The Jungle, Axl held a Jack Daniels bottle in his right hand.

He's done that at other shows, too. But not enough that it would cause them to cancel. They haven't done it before at stadiums with liquor laws.

This sounds to me like what the security guards at the show were saying and the fire marshall is now saying: GN'R used it as an excuse because Axl was pissed that ticket sales were so low. The stadium was less than half-filled, and someone turned away yesterday at the gates said a security guard told him this was the reason Axl wasn't there.

The fire marshall is implying they are using the pyrotechnics/drinking issues as an excuse to cancel the show.

Yea, I havent seen the band have bottles of booze on other gigs so I don't belive it

At Rock In Rio 2006, during Welcome To The Jungle, Axl held a Jack Daniels bottle in his right hand.

He's done that at other shows, too. But not enough that it would cause them to cancel. They haven't done it before at stadiums with liquor laws.

This sounds to me like what the security guards at the show were saying and the fire marshall is now saying: GN'R used it as an excuse because Axl was pissed that ticket sales were so low. The stadium was less than half-filled, and someone turned away yesterday at the gates said a security guard told him this was the reason Axl wasn't there.

The fire marshall is implying they are using the pyrotechnics/drinking issues as an excuse to cancel the show.

Answer me this: The show was cancelled only two hours before the first act were due. Why did Axl wait until then to cancel bearing in mind he would have already known about the poor sales?

Because they couldn't give away enough tickets to even get it 2/3 full?

Maybe something else was wrong and that was the final straw?

Maybe it wasn't his decision?

Maybe Maine was too cold for Axl?

You're asking a question that is impossible to answer (maybe you know that). Who the fuck knows what Axl was or is thinking. If we ask that question about everything he does, this place will get even crazier than it already is at times.

Edited by Urlacher54

Late breaking story:

Fire Marshall Deen discovers he was called out in a press release that pointed the finger squarely at him for fucking up the GnR gig and scrambles to save face by taking a shot at GnR.

film at 11

Answer me this: The show was cancelled only two hours before the first act were due. Why did Axl wait until then to cancel bearing in mind he would have already known about the poor sales?

because they could of been waiting for a surge of "day of" ticket sales from people whop just show up to the arena and buy tickets at the door.

Late breaking story:

Fire Marshall Deen discovers he was called out in a press release that pointed the finger squarely at him for fucking up the GnR gig and scrambles to save face by taking a shot at GnR.

film at 11

Seriously....I have been to 5 shows this year and have been on the floor near the stage for all of them and the only bottles I have ever seen on the stage were water bottles in front of the drum kit. Whatever else they had up there was in solo cups. This guy (fire marshall) is full of it-