Maine State Fire Marshall on WBCN in Boston

axltransam

let's be serious for a moment....GnR (Read: Axl Rose) has become one of the most disappointing bands in history. Perhaps there is more to the story, but I think in the end the temprimental mr. Rose just decided to say "fuck off" to some of his fans. Professional. This band died long ago, they just forgot to lie down and accept it. I'm going to throw on "appetite..." and remember what used to be......

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tampopoarcade @ Nov 7 2006, 05:04 PM)

3000 pissed off fans will still buy the new album when it drops. Fuck Portland Maine. Tell them to go to NY to watch the show.

Would that be the same album that's been in production for...what?, six or seven years or so? I'll pass, thanks. Guns N Roses cut their last good album over 12 years ago, and Axl has been playing games ever since then. I'm from Maine and have been a Guns fan since 1987. I hought about going to the show last night but my friends and I said, ironically, "Axl will probably pull some stunt and cancel" As far as the fire marshall goes, Axl should thank him for covering his ass and not giving the real reason the show was canceled: Axl is an arrogant, semi-talented, overpaid, prima-donna bitch who's career ended when Slash left the band. He should probably stay an inch or two out of kicking distance from the state of Maine for the time being. And as far as NY goes.....Yankees suck!

let's be serious for a moment....GnR (Read: Axl Rose) has become one of the most disappointing bands in history. Perhaps there is more to the story, but I think in the end the temprimental mr. Rose just decided to say "fuck off" to some of his fans. Professional. This band died long ago, they just forgot to lie down and accept it. I'm going to throw on "appetite..." and remember what used to be......

WOW, GNR is dead now because 5 fans in Main got disappointed! :lol:

Stay with AFD mullethead....while the rest of us listen to CH-Democracy! rock2 rock3

Maybe it already has been posted a thousand times:

Why is it so hard to believe that the show was not cancelled because of tickets sales? The fire marshals and the building made it impossible for GNR to play. Everytime we agreed with something they found something else and that went on for almost 3 hours. Our crew were been threantened every 10 minutes that if they would light one cigarrete they would get a 1000 fine. If any of the fans coming to the show and would be cought smoking they would get a 1k fine. If anyone would look intoxicated they would be arrested. If anyband member would look intoxicated they would be arrested; if they felt that the pyro would cause any danger, they would stop the show and the list goes on. This incident has nothing to do with nybody in axls camp. promotores, our team and management came to the conclusion that cancelling was the right thing to do. Axl and band were not part of their decision at all. so please stop jumping to conclusions. is it better for the tour to continue or hv them arrested and maybe a cancelled tour? is was one show and lets blame the right people. stop jumping axls throat over this. he was going to do the show and got a call from management saying that the show was cancelled.

Betas post from http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...topic=38723.100

Funny that management says one thing in the pressreselase, bumblefoot another thing, firemarshall another thing and now Beta this.

All I know is that I am innocent. And also, how hard is it to do a show without smokes, booze and fire?

Why is it so hard to believe that the show was not cancelled because of tickets sales? The fire marshals and the building made it impossible for GNR to play. Everytime we agreed with something they found something else and that went on for almost 3 hours. Our crew were been threantened every 10 minutes that if they would light one cigarrete they would get a 1000 fine. If any of the fans coming to the show and would be cought smoking they would get a 1k fine. If anyone would look intoxicated they would be arrested. If anyband member would look intoxicated they would be arrested; if they felt that the pyro would cause any danger, they would stop the show and the list goes on. This incident has nothing to do with nybody in axls camp. promotores, our team and management came to the conclusion that cancelling was the right thing to do. Axl and band were not part of their decision at all. so please stop jumping to conclusions. is it better for the tour to continue or hv them arrested and maybe a cancelled tour? is was one show and lets blame the right people. stop jumping axls throat over this. he was going to do the show and got a call from management saying that the show was cancelled.

You don't believe this, do you? When is the last time Axl followed anyone's orders?

You don't believe this, do you? When is the last time Axl followed anyone's orders?

Like Beta's objective.

I have no idea what happened, since I wasn't there...

But if it is true, its not the first time some one is trying to spoil things for GNR.

I was in maine last night. after hearing that it was cancled my buddies and i went to a bar in portland. a security guard from the civic center was there and said that the reason it wasn't going on was because of the "bottle issue." i didn't believe it at the time, but now it does make perfect sense.

But if it is true, its not the first time some one is trying to spoil things for GNR.

It's definately not the first time GnR has "spinned" something.

3000 pissed off fans will still buy the new album when it drops. Fuck Portland Maine. Tell them to go to NY to watch the show.

Fuck you. i'm sorry dude, but i am still going to the NYC show, even after i spent close to 300 yesterday on hotel, food, booze (plastic cups of course....joking) you have no right to go off on portland. 3000 fans paying money....you still play the show

Fuck you. i'm sorry dude, but i am still going to the NYC show, even after i spent close to 300 yesterday on hotel, food, booze (plastic cups of course....joking) you have no right to go off on portland. 3000 fans paying money....you still play the show

Just wait until it happens to him.

It's definately not the first time GnR has "spinned" something.

I know Axl is the master of blaming other people and its "never his fault", but anyway we can't blame him for getting boring as he gets older. Always new scandals.

I am not surprised by this at all I do not beleive the Fire Marshall they are just trying to save face. Also since Axl was not in the meetings it was mangment why would axl fucking care.

Baaz said the ame thing about the smoking handing out fines. That is garbage. It also sounds like they may have tried to arrest the band which after watching the news report that was so biased against GnR showing footage from 15 years ago and talking about the shows starting 3 hrs late which is complete bullshit.

ON most shows Roch has ended just after 10 pm and it has being a little over an hr for GnR to take the stage that is not that much longer then any major act I have seen. When I say saw the Stones in Oct it was an 1 hr and 15 between the opening band and the Stones coming on stage. Only diffrence was they came on stage at 8:15pm. I was home by 10:45 and I was like what the fuck the shows over already. Sorry but any Rock conert should not end before midnight. I can't wait to rock the house until after 2am.

Man, I can't wait until tomorrow night's show and we can finally put this issue to rest.

We are never going to know the real reason for the cancellation, the same way we don't know what really happened in Philly and Vancouver. However, I'll always remember one of the forum posters who said years ago that Axl told us why he couldn't make these shows, it's in the song called Myouttagascar. :lol:

Anyways, fact is that this shouldn't be impossible to overcome. As much as it sucks for the fans who were going to be there, one canceled show where there is no riot is, in the grand scheme of things, pretty minor.

Edited by KBear