Message from Merck and Axl

thelostrose

GnR will not tell me what to talk about and i will not visit a board that tells its members what to descuss because Merck says so.It all about control which its fucking funny considering how GnR made their name.It was all about saying fuck you to authority and being an indevidual, now Merck wants us to be one big fucking team?, like the team we have been for years :rofl-lol: .Guess that team has one catcher and one pitcher.Well fuck it im taking a stand.I have waited with patience and loyalty and you will not/cannot fucking censor me.Its a fucking descrace that GnR management feel they have the right to ask a public forum to remove topics they deem un-suitible, who the fuck do they think they are.Jarmo has the right to run hid forum the way he wants and good luck to him but for the love of all things rock do not let MYGNR bow down to preasure in the vain hope we will be close to the news, like the moment any news breaks there will be a huge time difference between HTGTH and MYGNR having the news. :fuckyou:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read that statement several times now.

Does someone want to explain WHY the show was cancelled??? :huh:

So it wasn't about pyros or ticket sales, yeah, fine. So what was it. What exactly could have put the safety of the band and the fans at risk? 200 year old rules and regulations..... has the venue been around that long? :drevil: Seriously talk about trying to give an explanation without explaining anything.

Seems to me the main focus of the statement was not to "try" to explain why a show was cancelled and to leave 3,000 angry and disappointed fans holding tickets to a cancelled gig, but to, for whatever reason, praise Jarmo and his moderating abilities. Merck sounds like a proud papa. Couldn't he just have sent Jarmo a pm telling him what a good job he's doing with his site?

i think it was a slap in the face to the other gnr sites, maybe trying to help out jarmo's dying website!.

but at least axl and merck took some time to try and explain what went down, they get respect for that!.

It was definitely a shot at the other forums, and I don't see what the point was. Does Merck now have too much time on his hands because he's unemployed?

And as far as explaining what went down, I see no explanation. Just a lot of blame being placed on 2 fire marshalls who were doing their job. I want to know what these 200 year old regulations were that the "profesionals" around the band thought it would jepordize the safety of the fans, the crew and the band.

Don't tell us what it wasn't (pyros/ticket sales) Tell us what it WAS.

GnR will not tell me what to talk about and i will not visit a board that tells its members what to descuss because Merck says so.It all about control which its fucking funny considering how GnR made their name.It was all about saying fuck you to authority and being an indevidual, now Merck wants us to be one big fucking team?, like the team we have been for years :rofl-lol: .Guess that team has one catcher and one pitcher.Well fuck it im taking a stand.I have waited with patience and loyalty and you will not/cannot fucking censor me.Its a fucking descrace that GnR management feel they have the right to ask a public forum to remove topics they deem un-suitible, who the fuck do they think they are.Jarmo has the right to run hid forum the way he wants and good luck to him but for the love of all things rock do not let MYGNR bow down to preasure in the vain hope we will be close to the news, like the moment any news breaks there will be a huge time difference between HTGTH and MYGNR having the news. :fuckyou:

this gnr nation the worst fucking team i've ever seen! :rofl-lol:, it's like the family who piss each other off to the max, but still like each other deep down inside :xmasssanta:, and damn straight GOAB! merck... jarmo or even axl will not tell what i can and can't say! it's not what i'm about .....and it's not what gnr were about! and because of this i've been banned from 2 gnr websites!, fuck you unleashed and HTGTH!.

When people like your self talk out of your ass, and talk bullshit , yes bullshit(you never met jarmo have you , you have no idea whats goin on , your just in the internet world trying to be something you arent), And yes I was perplexed by the reasons for deleting of post and stuff, but rest assured, once you really meet people and hang out with them and can laugh about all the bullshit that goes online, then you would see what is going on. Bitching behind a Cp, isnt gonna do you shit, get out , meet other gunner fans, go to shows, and realize that your constant moaning online and shit , will get you nowhere, and the only one in the game who's lost is you!

I respectfully disagree Jazjme.

Nobody is saying Jarmo isn't a great guy to hang out with. He may very well be. But that's not the issue. It's about fans coming to a fan board to share their opinions with other fans. Sorry, but I just don't see fans' views creating "confusion and chaos." *shrugs* Does deleting those opinions mean they'll go away? I don't think so. Addressing them and debating those views could though.

I don't always agree with what you have to say on things, but you are correct on this one. The only thing that will make the fans stop questioning or making assumptions is more information from GNR and management.

All that trouble to say it was somebody elses fault but not one clue as to why it happened.

GnR statements are vague because they cover their asses, they went to all the trouble of blaming officials but don't say what the officials did or threatened to do..............guess they can't for legal reasons.

Legal reasons is GnR's savior and best friend :drevil:

All that trouble to say it was somebody elses fault but not one clue as to why it happened.

GnR statements are vague because they cover their asses, they went to all the trouble of blaming officials but don't say what the officials did or threatened to do..............guess they can't for legal reasons.

So if I'm reading this right, you aren't happy with the situation either? From what I can tell, you appear to be a pretty big supporter of Axl and the new band. If you aren't buying it either, doesn't that say a lot about management/Axl and how they've handled things? You're not alone either. There are a lot of people that are leaning away from supporting and towards questioning after years of blind support.

In so many words, they told anyone not 100% behind them to stay home. If that happens, the tour will be cancelled immediately when 500 people show up at the most. What the fuck are they doing?

One question: why can't we get a statement this articulate and detailed regarding the release of CD? Merck and Axl go out of their way to explain the cancellation of the show but they can't be bothered to give us a release date-saying 1 Tuesday this year it will drop isn't cutting it. The fans have a right to some respect and they can't be bothered to tell us one specific thing about CD, the wait behind the release, reasons for 2002 tour being cancelled,etc.

Thank you.

So if I'm reading this right, you aren't happy with the situation either? From what I can tell, you appear to be a pretty big supporter of Axl and the new band. If you aren't buying it either, doesn't that say a lot about management/Axl and how they've handled things? You're not alone either. There are a lot of people that are leaning away from supporting and towards questioning after years of blind support.

In so many words, they told anyone not 100% behind them to stay home. If that happens, the tour will be cancelled immediately when 500 people show up at the most. What the fuck are they doing?

I just think its time to put up or shut up.

If people are out to get Axl/GnR then say who it is and what they did, GnR hide behind Legal reasons and keep fans in the dark, then act shocked when fans don't play ball.

GOAB is a man who wil not take it and will not be spoon fed GnR's legal meal of bullshit and innocence.

If anything, and this is probably a longshot seeing that it concerns Axl and Merck, but I figure it had something to do in relation to not wanting another Great White Incident...just my two cents.

...and yeah, they give us this crap, but can't give us anything on the album. Why are we still fans again? :(

If anything, and this is probably a longshot seeing that it concerns Axl and Merck, but I figure it had something to do in relation to not wanting another Great White Incident...just my two cents.

Except they said the cancellation had nothing to do with pyro. THAT actually would have been a more acceptable excuse than the runaround they are trying to spew.

Why are we still fans again? :(

I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Except they said the cancellation had nothing to do with pyro. THAT actually would have been a more acceptable excuse than the runaround they are trying to spew.

Why are we still fans again? :(

I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Oops, my bad. Well either way, look at who were talking about.

I'm beginning to think that Axl and Merck are obsessed with The Riddler.

com'on people at least they notice us these days. i don't see this merck/axl statement as a bad thing!.

Yeah, they notice us as the internet geeks who do nothing but sit behind a computer just to spread lies and complain. Way to thank the people who actually DO waste their time on fan forums to discuss a band that hasn't released an album in over a decade and who most of the outside world sees as a parody of what it once was. Thanks for your support...

com'on people at least they notice us these days. i don't see this merck/axl statement as a bad thing!.

Some people really have a hard time seeing that the messages we´ve gotten don´t really say anything and point us out as no life:ers for wanting to speak our minds about the band we love. Yeah, thanks alot.

Jarmo should change the name of his so called forum to Guns N Worship: A place where we all smell like roses.

Yeah, they notice us as the internet geeks who do nothing but sit behind a computer just to spread lies and complain. Way to thank the people who actually DO waste their time on fan forums to discuss a band that hasn't released an album in over a decade and who most of the outside world sees as a parody of what it once was. Thanks for your support...

yes del's comments sounded like it come from a washed up circus monkey, but still!........ i know i'm no geek! so i'm not taking it personally, and some people had it coming, i stress some, i believe merck was alittle more careful in his wording.... then say someone like del, i think there starting to take a little more notice of us, which i think is a move in the right direction between fans and the band, which needs heeling, what gets me is the hole HTGTH ass kissing! fuck that place man! what a load of shit merck!, sorry dude but theres too much butt love going on over there.... it's not to my liking!.

Edited by aussie_axl

Yes i spend a lot of time online but i also spent a lot of money during the summer seing the band i love.I guess being on a computer makes you a freak with no life.

BumbleFoot replies to messages from fans

Merck replies to emails on occasion

Axl probably uses a computer for production

Pittman uses computers for effects

Oh yeah and one of the reasons GnR were not dead and burried years ago was because of freaks on the net.

Arrogant egotistical wankers who have once again shown they have little or no respect for fans and see us as sheep who pay the bills but don't talk back.Just remeber Merck its the fans who pay for the shit you and this band has.Show some fucking respect and take your dick out of compliant ones mouths :o

This place is for douchebags, HTGTH for the win. Pwnd.

Seriously... who cares if the band thinks this site is sub-par, really?

So what HTGTH is the bands choice in websites, wasn't that pretty obvious anyway. You guys have neon green & yellow banners and you are virtually un-moderated. What band would want to be associated with this site?

Yes I am trolling/joking. The point is this is a forum, not a popularity contest.

Edited by Oh My Choking Soul

So what HTGTH is the bands choice in websites, wasn't that pretty obvious anyway. You guys have neon green & yellow banners and you are virtually un-moderated. What band would want to be associated with this site?

Yes I am trolling/joking. The point is this is a forum, not a popularity contest.

Talk about not reading the thread. I don´t think alot of people have a problem with GN´R chosing HTGTH over MYGNR or any other forum. We all get the info eventually anyway, so who cares if MYGNR gets it 2 minutes later than HTGTH? The problem is how HTGTH is run and that the users who don´t break any rules get their threads locked or removed on orders from Merck or someone else. As I stated before, there are rules you look over before signing up to a forum, but on HTGTH there are rules coming from above that no one signed up for. The members create a forum, not the mods and not the band. Without members, no forum. Simple as that. Trying to cencor people and calling them names for speaking their mind is just childish and will never work. So it´s not GN´R chosing one forum over another that is the issue, ok? HTGTH is a sinking ship.

Edited by Lukinx

no wonder HTGTH has about half the members of this forum, i think we just won the popularity contest ;)

Talk about not reading the thread. I don´t think alot of people have a problem with GN´R chosing HTGTH over MYGNR or any other forum. We all get the info eventually anyway, so who cares if MYGNR gets it 2 minutes later than HTGTH? The problem is how HTGTH is run and that the users who don´t break any rules get their threads locked or removed on orders from Merck or someone else. As I stated before, there are rules you look over before signing up to a forum, but on HTGTH there are rules coming from above that no one signed up for. The members create a forum, not the mods and not the band. Without members, no forum. Simple as that. Trying to cencor people and calling them names for speaking their mind is just childish and will never work. So it´s not GN´R chosing one forum over another that is the issue, ok? HTGTH is a sinking ship.

HTGTH gives you an opportuniy to interact with the band and it's management. It isn't a sinking ship. People here don't want to switch and lose thier post count, they rip HTGTH all the time and at this point would feel dumb switching sites. They also get away with flaming here, that's my point. I would have been warned by now for my last post on HTGTH and rightfully so, here... nothing. There is nothing here to keep it constructive and on topic. HTGTH has half the people cause the flamers and trollers get banned and come here to talk shit.

Edited by Oh My Choking Soul

Eh. At least they're communicating with us.

Personally, I don't see their statement as being all that unreasonable. As they said, they certainly didn't make any money by cancelling the show. Yeah, it would have been nice to have had the show anyway even without pyro, but the reality is that not one of us knows what goes on behind the scenes; only two guys know for sure and they're the ones who were involved in that statement to HTGTH. It's a little bit childish to jump to conclusions about what the reasons are/aren't for the cancellation.