The Year 2006

milkboy

It has been the busiest year in GNR history since the Illusion tour days. But, what have we learned over the past 11 months...

1- Axl feels more confident in faded jeans than baggy sweatpants

2- The big guns are Better, IRS, and TWAT (not a complaint, I think they are 3 great songs)

3- Although we all thought Axl was diligently working on the album from 2002 to 2006, he wasn't (Bumblefoot was hired in May which means no work was done to replace Bucket's parts during this time)

4- Axl is scared to death to release this album (I guess we knew that, but this feeling has been reinforced in 2006)

5- GNR is much more popular in Europe than in the US

6- The easiest way to figure out truth and lies when a GNR rumor surfaces is to closely monitor the activity on HTGTH. If there's any truth to it, it will quickly be deleted because "somebody jumped the gun".

7- Axl likes Harleys, Slash likes Volkswagon's. Advantage Axlites!

8- Robin Finck now looks like a rock star and is clearly the lead guitarist in this band

9- Axl has yet again wasted a handful of prime opportunities to announce and hype his new album. Buzz has come and gone yet again

10- The coolest thing the band has done in a long time is play acoustic sets in NYC and London bars.

11- GNR management and Axl continue to ignore the fact that what their die hard fans really want is a new record, not a new tour.

12- The band's webmaster got his GED after living on the streets in his teens and at most attended a 6-week IT technical school.

13- Merck and Axl do read these boards and have become very paranoid and suscipious of the fan base, instead of embracing it by providing continuous communciation.

14- There was a plan to release the record/single in late October and something happened to screw that up (i.e., website launch, tour start, Harley Ad).

15- We are 2 Tuesdays away from a big disappointment (when Nov 22 arrives with no new news or album).

2- The big guns are Better, IRS, and TWAT (not a complaint, I think they are 3 great songs)

we dont know that yet.

4- Axl is scared to death to release this album (I guess we knew that, but this feeling has been reinforced in 2006)

yeah, i think he is since day 2.

8- Robin Finck now looks like a rock star and is clearly the lead guitarist in this band.

and it rocks. i luv it.

11- GNR management and Axl continue to ignore the fact that what their die hard fans really want is a new record, not a new tour.

or both

14- There was a plan to release the record/single in late October and something happened to screw that up (i.e., website launch, tour start, Harley Ad).

yes. but i believe we'll have a single before the album comes out. still hv faith.

15- We are 2 Tuesdays away from a big disappointment (when Nov 22 arrives with no new news or album).

no. there a lot of tuesdays left before 2007 yet.