In defense of Rap

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest, i really don't like the mainstream rap i hear, partly as i'm a femenist, partly because the beat is unoriginal and unthought of

and i sodding hate rap about how rich people are and blah blah, where as garage and 2-step is abotu how skint they are, which si great

UK grime, garage, 2-step, is good. really unique beat, insightful lyrics

mainstream UK rap is just cheap imitations of crappy hip hop

Edited by katie

rap is fuckin music. certain rock fans r too elitist and purist and fascist to understand that.

to the asshole who thinks anyone can rhyme, you cant, ur example was bullshit, u dont jus rhyme the words on the end of sentences we're talkin about multi-syllabic flowin. n theres punchlines involved n u gotta think about em on the spot, its the advanced version of the dozens, ever play that as a kid?

rock fans embraced post modernism just as hip hop did only rock is more complacent, rock jus sat there goin its all be said n done etc etc everything nowadays is crap n the majority sit there listenin to grandad (i.e. people like axl rose, led zeppelin, steven tyler) some of who are SIMPLY NOT RELEVANT. fact, they are not contemporary, they are not of our times. hip hop embraces post modernism in a productive sense, makin somethin new of the old i.e. takin two records, mixin em together, n creatin a new product, a new sound. this is why rock is in the fuckin state it is today n a vast cross section of this board are people that fuckin sit around n piss n moan about how there aint nothin good around these days n spend their time lookin' up to motherfuckers from the 60s failing to realise that THOSE PEOPLE EMBRACED CHANGE. embraced innovation n progressiveness. got all these motherfuckers moanin about what Pittmans doin in GnR well he's helping them move on, u cant jus sit around in ur rut scratchin ur ass cuz when u do that shit u quit being relevant to anybody.

rap aint music huh? why, not guitar solo's, well fuck that, then my wild love by the doors aint music cuz there aint no instruments played on that shit. anything that u can wring a sound from is a fuckin instrument. the word instrument means a device that requires skill for proper use, meaning it requires skill to manipulate what u want from it, therefore an old coke can could be a musical instrument, u jus gotta know what u want from it, there are no rules, why limit n stifle urself, it jus dont make any sense. and try that dj shit, try flippin discs, it aint fuckin easy at all cuz if it was as easy as u motherfuckers say there'd be a lot more motherfuckers out there doin the shit! and u find all the homey/w'sup dogg shit ridiculous, why??? its no more or less ridiculous than a lot of the rock patois of the day DUDE. keith richards called it a fad huh? well fuck me keith, its been goin since 1973, thats a long ass fuckin fad. quite sad of keith really cuz thats what people thought of the stones off the bat.

black people have nothin goin? motherfucker kiss my ass cuz if it werent for no black people u wouldn't have no motherfuckin rock n roll either, so if by ur rationale black people aint got nothin goin then white peoples got even less cuz u gotta...in fact, fuck that, i aint gonna stoop to that shit cuz u ignorant, what the fuck has black got to do with anythin? rap is music not a fuckin race issue, goes to show though. latino's rap, black people rap, the biggest rapper right now is a whiteboy, u got rap in fuckin norway, spain, portugal, hong kong, all over the fuckin world, what the fuck has bein black got to do with it? why cuz they started the shit, well then they started rock n roll too motherfucker, what're u doin with that shit? looks like u got less goin for u than fuckin black people do, why the fucks it always gotta come down to that black shit?? fuck you! suck a dick!

n what else, hip hop is decadent, it aint embarassed by riches, it talks about sex n all, hey, dont make me fuckin laugh u tryna tell me rock aint decadent? jim morrison told y'all, back in the day, rock is dead n to be honest, he had a fuckin point. all this bullshit about melody n rhythm, fact, not all music has to be melodic, some music is terse, abrasive, stuff like public image limited, alan vega's suicide, butthole surfers, are u tryna tell me its all bullshit, in that case some of y'all rock fans'd be more suited to listen to beethoven n segovia than guns n roses et al.

u dont gotta like it, not in the least but what pisses me off is motherfuckers denying that the shit is music, y'know, like its not enough for them to dislike it, they gotta hate it n bring it down to the lowest place n rob this shit thats taken the blood n sweat of hard workin young folk that could be out there doin a lot worse of its relevance completely. n this whole thing that since black people invented it its all down to them, in that case a white man invented the TV, can only white people watch it? hip hop outsells rock n roll, meaning theres more of a demand for it, n theres a fuckin reasons for that, even if it aint music (which it fuckin is) whatever it is, its what the people want at this point so kiss my ass. n rap is as progressive in terms of subject matter as any genre on earth but it aint my job to turn u on to that shit, u wanna ignore it, go ahead.

they cant siiiiinng, stfu, people said bob dylan couldnt sing when he came out, what'd've happened if we'da listened to those stuck up motherfuckers too? some of y'all remind me of those people u see in those old elvis movies where the parents n these commitees are goin "this is obviously animalistic nig ga music designed to drag the white man and his kind of the level of the nig ga" when they were talkin about rock n roll. funny how this shit goes in a circle huh?

aaaww poor lil girl got her panties wet.. boowhoo.. no, black people didnt have shit goin for 'em outside of crack when rap popped up, and no, it's not an instrument jus because it makes a sound you like. Call me ignorant call me what you will, but I see how rap fans act, I see how rappers act, and if i'm ignorant compared to that, well i'm just happy being ignorant. You obviously dont know me, or you'd know that it's not a black thing, because I listen to the motown, the r&b of yesterday real soul music... i like me some teddy pendergrass, some simply red and earth wind and fire... becaus they are actually singing, which takes real talent not just alot of practice, actual instruments.. and not only were they singing, they were singing about shit we care about.. not money cars and bitches and i'm hard, gotta pitbull bect ect ect... man fuck, who cares? Since 2pac died, has anybody out of that genre said or done anything that even really matters? See it's close minded ignorant ass people like YOU that keep black people down by buying into this gangsta black person i'm harder than you lemme pull my gat to prove it bullshit. Asfor your why Rap is more in demand than rock, look at who the real minority is in america today? Not only that, but how many people listened to motley crue and gn'r and hair metal, just because it's whats cool.. because it's whats "in", and thats all rap is, it's produced by trend setter's, for trend followers.. you're all just lab monkey's testing out the latest hairspray and you cant even see it. Asfar as Bob Dylan not being able to sing.. whats that got to do with the price of tea dumbass, there's a difference between somebody saying you cant sing, and just not singing... asfor my demostration, I dont listen to rap I don;t like it and I don;t care.. no, I don;t know how to rap and never said I did, I speak sarcasim as my first language jackass, but even still it makes asmuch sence as the rest of the shit your hero's say, so what tha fuck? I guess if cup'o' coffee put it on his new CD you'd eat it up wouldnt you? You say you wouldnt but i'm sure you and your homeflies would be on it like stink on shit. You've still yet to explain to me half the shit any of them are talkin about. You have yet to make a valid point as to why rap is actually music. Rock is about decadance aswell, but how many rock songs are so outwordly about sex and in your face about it, as rap is? I acytually like beethoven and othe rclassical musicians, and enjoy epic symphonic metal, aswell as dark metal, gothic metal, irish folk music and other types aswell... because it is MUSIC, played by a PERSON with a MUSICAL INSTRUMENT, keywords there are person, music and musical instrument... but I can tell from your post that you are indeed black, because the first thing you wanted to do was pull a race card, but you couldnt find a reason to. Asfor the crack comment I made, yes, I know white people smoke crack too, i'm not a fuckin retard like some... but I believe we know who made it popular first, dont hate the man who said the words if the words are true. I'm sure you will, but whatever, flame me, hate me, fuck you I don;t care, but you don't wanna keep up with these personal attacks, you won't win. Hurting people's feelings is a hobby of mine, so keep fukin wit me

i'm not a fuckin retard like some...

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one for the simple fact that you think (and I quote) "Rap is popular because black people have nothing else going for them aside from that". I suggest you stop believing all the stereotypes and get out into the real world. Just because its on MTV, doesn't mean its the real world.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one for the simple fact that you think (and I quote) "Rap is popular because black people have nothing else going for them aside from that". I suggest you stop believing all the stereotypes and get out into the real world. Just because its on MTV, doesn't mean its the real world.

I don;t wtach MTV thank you, and even if it is a sterotype, it got that way for a reason, not because some white guy sitting in his basement with a big KKK tattooed on his forehead made up... Ask the people in Ca. what they had before rap came out? every documentry youw tach about rap they all say the same thing "We didnt have any other way of expressing ourselves until rap music came along". To me, sound slike they're saying they didnt have anything going for them until rap. What can you name outside of the peanut and cival rights movement that they had goin for them? Jazz and funk, and by the late 80's early 90's, that shit wasnt popular, so at the time that rap came along and hit mainstream or any stream for that matter, they had Denzel washington, Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor... oh, and the lead singer of that one band that kinda sucks.. but it is what it is.. I am in the real world... drive down in the hood and tell me the sterotype isn't correct.. I hang out down there with 'em, I see how they act, the problem is people like you who just see it and think he's the only one who acts that way.. but he's not... when you hang out with 'em, you tend to see the stereotype isn't that far fetched... they all wear bling around their neck, half of 'em half gold or silver teeth (tyin to pass it off as bling), a white or black due rag on their head, wife beater shirts or big puffy jackets, all tryin to talk slang or whatever they call it, most of 'em mumble to sound hard unless they're yellin and being loud... and none of them can do anything good without bragging for 12 hours about how their "tha fuckin boss dawg black person".. i've expressed my veiws to my friends and people they know and they all agree, that is who they are... not the older generation obviously and i'm not syaing litterally all black people, but the ones I know and see.. I know there's good black people, just as there's bad white people... sso, you tell me whats what since everyone here seems to know everything. and you know, I have seen alot of you try to jump my ass over that comment, but yet no one has been able to lay down and example of how i'm wrong in all this, other that myself that is...

Edited by oogieboogieman420

I don;t wtach MTV thank you, and even if it is a sterotype, it got that way for a reason, not because some white guy sitting in his basement with a big KKK tattooed on his forehead made up... Ask the people in Ca. what they had before rap came out? every documentry youw tach about rap they all say the same thing "We didnt have any other way of expressing ourselves until rap music came along". To me, sound slike they're saying they didnt have anything going for them until rap. What can you name outside of the peanut and cival rights movement that they had goin for them? Jazz and funk, and by the late 80's early 90's, that shit wasnt popular, so at the time that rap came along and hit mainstream or any stream for that matter, they had Denzel washington, Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor... oh, and the lead singer of that one band that kinda sucks.. but it is what it is

So do all white people live in trailer parks? :o:rolleyes:

Is Ca the only place in the world that has black people?

As far as music, ever heard of Jimi Hendrix? or SLASH? Prince, MJ, Marvin Gaye, Whitney Houston? I could go on all day. So no, rap isn't the only way black people have had to express themselves.

As far as the stereotypes, that's a very small part of the population. I suggest you open your eyes a bit and go learn something before spewing your shit about something you clearly know nothing about.

As far as outside the "peanut" and "civil rights"? Go read some books--its clear from your writing that you haven't read enough of them.

EDIT: Because I am so nice, I'll even post a few things here that black people have done other than the peanut & civil rights:

Some Inventions Made by Black People

* air conditioning unit: Frederick M. Jones; July 12, 1949

* almanac: Benjamin Banneker; Approx 1791

* auto cut-off switch: Granville T. Woods; January 1,1839

* auto fishing devise: G. Cook; May 30, 1899

* automatic gear shift: Richard Spikes; February 28, 1932

* baby buggy: W.H. Richardson; June 18, 1899

* bicycle frame: L.R. Johnson; Octber 10, 1899

* biscuit cutter: A.P. Ashbourne; November 30, 1875

* blood plasma bag: Charles Drew; Approx. 1945

* cellular phone: Henry T. Sampson; July 6, 1971

* chamber commode: T. Elkins; January 3, 1897

* clothes dryer: G. T. Sampson; June 6, 1862

* curtain rod: S. R. Scratton; November 30, 1889

* curtain rod support: William S. Grant; August 4, 1896

* door knob: O. Dorsey; December 10, 1878

* door stop: O. Dorsey; December 10, 1878

* dust pan: Lawrence P. Ray; August 3, 1897

* egg beater: Willie Johnson; February 5, 1884

* electric lampbulb: Lewis Latimer; March 21, 1882

* elevator: Alexander Miles; October 11, 1867

* eye protector: P. Johnson; November 2, 1880

* fire escape ladder: J. W. Winters; May 7, 1878

* fire extinguisher: T. Marshall; October 26, 1872

* folding bed: L. C. Bailey; July 18, 1899

* folding chair: Brody & Surgwar; June 11, 1889

* fountain pen: W. B. Purvis; January 7, 1890

* furniture caster: O. A. Fisher; 1878

* gas mask: Garrett Morgan; October 13, 1914

* golf tee: T. Grant; December 12, 1899

* guitar: Robert F. Flemming, Jr. March 3, 1886

* hair brush: Lydia O. Newman; November 15,18--

* hand stamp: Walter B. Purvis; February 27, 1883

* horse shoe: J. Ricks; March 30, 1885

* ice cream scooper: A. L. Cralle; February 2, 1897

* improv. sugar making: Norbet Rillieux; December 10, 1846

* insect-destroyer gun: A. C. Richard; February 28, 1899

* ironing board: Sarah Boone; December 30, 1887

* key chain: F. J. Loudin; January 9, 1894

* lantern: Michael C. Harvey; August 19, 1884

* lawn mower: L. A. Burr; May 19, 1889

* lawn sprinkler: J. W. Smith; May 4, 1897

* lemon squeezer: J. Thomas White; December 8, 1893

* lock: W. A. Martin; July 23, 18--

* lubricating cup: Ellijah McCoy; November 15, 1895

* lunch pail: James Robinson; 1887

* mail box: Paul L. Downing; October 27, 1891

* mop: Thomas W. Stewart; June 11, 1893

* motor: Frederick M. Jones; June 27, 1939

* peanut butter: George Washington Carver; 1896

* pencil sharpener: J. L. Love; November 23, 1897

* record player arm: Joseph Hunger Dickenson January 8, 1819

* refrigerator: J. Standard; June 14, 1891

* riding saddles: W. D. Davis; October 6, 1895

* rolling pin: John W. Reed; 1864

* shampoo headrest: C. O. Bailiff; October 11, 1898

* spark plug: Edmond Berger; February 2, 1839

* stethoscope: Imhotep; Ancient Egypt

* stove: T. A. Carrington; July 25, 1876

* straightening comb: Madam C. J. Walker; Approx 1905

* street sweeper: Charles B. Brooks; March 17, 1890

* phone transmitter: Granville T. Woods; December 2, 1884

* thermostat control: Frederick M. Jones; February 23, 1960

* traffic light: Garrett Morgan; November 20, 1923

* tricycle: M. A. Cherry; May 6, 1886

* typewriter: Burridge & Marshman; April 7, 1885

Other things invented by Black People

o Break Dancing

o Chess

o Jazz

o Blues

o Rap

o Reggae, Ska

o Rock and Roll

o Super Water Blaster

o Fiber Optics

SORRY ODS: I didn't mean to hijack your thread........ ;)

Edited by luvaxl4ever

rap is fuckin music. certain rock fans r too elitist and purist and fascist to understand that.

to the asshole who thinks anyone can rhyme, you cant, ur example was bullshit, u dont jus rhyme the words on the end of sentences we're talkin about multi-syllabic flowin. n theres punchlines involved n u gotta think about em on the spot, its the advanced version of the dozens, ever play that as a kid?

rock fans embraced post modernism just as hip hop did only rock is more complacent, rock jus sat there goin its all be said n done etc etc everything nowadays is crap n the majority sit there listenin to grandad (i.e. people like axl rose, led zeppelin, steven tyler) some of who are SIMPLY NOT RELEVANT. fact, they are not contemporary, they are not of our times. hip hop embraces post modernism in a productive sense, makin somethin new of the old i.e. takin two records, mixin em together, n creatin a new product, a new sound. this is why rock is in the fuckin state it is today n a vast cross section of this board are people that fuckin sit around n piss n moan about how there aint nothin good around these days n spend their time lookin' up to motherfuckers from the 60s failing to realise that THOSE PEOPLE EMBRACED CHANGE. embraced innovation n progressiveness. got all these motherfuckers moanin about what Pittmans doin in GnR well he's helping them move on, u cant jus sit around in ur rut scratchin ur ass cuz when u do that shit u quit being relevant to anybody.

rap aint music huh? why, not guitar solo's, well fuck that, then my wild love by the doors aint music cuz there aint no instruments played on that shit. anything that u can wring a sound from is a fuckin instrument. the word instrument means a device that requires skill for proper use, meaning it requires skill to manipulate what u want from it, therefore an old coke can could be a musical instrument, u jus gotta know what u want from it, there are no rules, why limit n stifle urself, it jus dont make any sense. and try that dj shit, try flippin discs, it aint fuckin easy at all cuz if it was as easy as u motherfuckers say there'd be a lot more motherfuckers out there doin the shit! and u find all the homey/w'sup dogg shit ridiculous, why??? its no more or less ridiculous than a lot of the rock patois of the day DUDE. keith richards called it a fad huh? well fuck me keith, its been goin since 1973, thats a long ass fuckin fad. quite sad of keith really cuz thats what people thought of the stones off the bat.

black people have nothin goin? motherfucker kiss my ass cuz if it werent for no black people u wouldn't have no motherfuckin rock n roll either, so if by ur rationale black people aint got nothin goin then white peoples got even less cuz u gotta...in fact, fuck that, i aint gonna stoop to that shit cuz u ignorant, what the fuck has black got to do with anythin? rap is music not a fuckin race issue, goes to show though. latino's rap, black people rap, the biggest rapper right now is a whiteboy, u got rap in fuckin norway, spain, portugal, hong kong, all over the fuckin world, what the fuck has bein black got to do with it? why cuz they started the shit, well then they started rock n roll too motherfucker, what're u doin with that shit? looks like u got less goin for u than fuckin black people do, why the fucks it always gotta come down to that black shit?? fuck you! suck a dick!

n what else, hip hop is decadent, it aint embarassed by riches, it talks about sex n all, hey, dont make me fuckin laugh u tryna tell me rock aint decadent? jim morrison told y'all, back in the day, rock is dead n to be honest, he had a fuckin point. all this bullshit about melody n rhythm, fact, not all music has to be melodic, some music is terse, abrasive, stuff like public image limited, alan vega's suicide, butthole surfers, are u tryna tell me its all bullshit, in that case some of y'all rock fans'd be more suited to listen to beethoven n segovia than guns n roses et al.

u dont gotta like it, not in the least but what pisses me off is motherfuckers denying that the shit is music, y'know, like its not enough for them to dislike it, they gotta hate it n bring it down to the lowest place n rob this shit thats taken the blood n sweat of hard workin young folk that could be out there doin a lot worse of its relevance completely. n this whole thing that since black people invented it its all down to them, in that case a white man invented the TV, can only white people watch it? hip hop outsells rock n roll, meaning theres more of a demand for it, n theres a fuckin reasons for that, even if it aint music (which it fuckin is) whatever it is, its what the people want at this point so kiss my ass. n rap is as progressive in terms of subject matter as any genre on earth but it aint my job to turn u on to that shit, u wanna ignore it, go ahead.

they cant siiiiinng, stfu, people said bob dylan couldnt sing when he came out, what'd've happened if we'da listened to those stuck up motherfuckers too? some of y'all remind me of those people u see in those old elvis movies where the parents n these commitees are goin "this is obviously animalistic nig ga music designed to drag the white man and his kind of the level of the nig ga" when they were talkin about rock n roll. funny how this shit goes in a circle huh?

aaaww poor lil girl got her panties wet.. boowhoo.. no, black people didnt have shit goin for 'em outside of crack when rap popped up, and no, it's not an instrument jus because it makes a sound you like. Call me ignorant call me what you will, but I see how rap fans act, I see how rappers act, and if i'm ignorant compared to that, well i'm just happy being ignorant. You obviously dont know me, or you'd know that it's not a black thing, because I listen to the motown, the r&b of yesterday real soul music... i like me some teddy pendergrass, some simply red and earth wind and fire... becaus they are actually singing, which takes real talent not just alot of practice, actual instruments.. and not only were they singing, they were singing about shit we care about.. not money cars and bitches and i'm hard, gotta pitbull bect ect ect... man fuck, who cares? Since 2pac died, has anybody out of that genre said or done anything that even really matters? See it's close minded ignorant ass people like YOU that keep black people down by buying into this gangsta black person i'm harder than you lemme pull my gat to prove it bullshit. Asfor your why Rap is more in demand than rock, look at who the real minority is in america today? Not only that, but how many people listened to motley crue and gn'r and hair metal, just because it's whats cool.. because it's whats "in", and thats all rap is, it's produced by trend setter's, for trend followers.. you're all just lab monkey's testing out the latest hairspray and you cant even see it. Asfar as Bob Dylan not being able to sing.. whats that got to do with the price of tea dumbass, there's a difference between somebody saying you cant sing, and just not singing... asfor my demostration, I dont listen to rap I don;t like it and I don;t care.. no, I don;t know how to rap and never said I did, I speak sarcasim as my first language jackass, but even still it makes asmuch sence as the rest of the shit your hero's say, so what tha fuck? I guess if cup'o' coffee put it on his new CD you'd eat it up wouldnt you? You say you wouldnt but i'm sure you and your homeflies would be on it like stink on shit. You've still yet to explain to me half the shit any of them are talkin about. You have yet to make a valid point as to why rap is actually music. Rock is about decadance aswell, but how many rock songs are so outwordly about sex and in your face about it, as rap is? I acytually like beethoven and othe rclassical musicians, and enjoy epic symphonic metal, aswell as dark metal, gothic metal, irish folk music and other types aswell... because it is MUSIC, played by a PERSON with a MUSICAL INSTRUMENT, keywords there are person, music and musical instrument... but I can tell from your post that you are indeed black, because the first thing you wanted to do was pull a race card, but you couldnt find a reason to. Asfor the crack comment I made, yes, I know white people smoke crack too, i'm not a fuckin retard like some... but I believe we know who made it popular first, dont hate the man who said the words if the words are true. I'm sure you will, but whatever, flame me, hate me, fuck you I don;t care, but you don't wanna keep up with these personal attacks, you won't win. Hurting people's feelings is a hobby of mine, so keep fukin wit me

oh where to begin :lol: this is gonna be funny. ok, black people didnt have nothin goin in when rap was embroynic? hmm, thats funny, whoose michael jackson, whoose prince, teddy pendergrass, barry white, earth wind n fire?? (familiar much?) lionel ritchie?? (i could go on for days) and as far as the instrument thing, im sorry but ur just wrong, face it, deal with it, i reasoned out perfectly well how ANYTHING u can manipulate a sound out of can be construed as a musical instrument or considered a contributor is creating the end product which is a piece of music. cuz thats all instruments are too, inanimate objects from which sound is manipulated. i obviously dont no you? oh well no shit sherlock, we're on a message board asshole of course i dont know u i jus respond based on what u say, like everyone u meet on message boards. n as far as the talent versus a lotta practise, lemme tell u somethin, even talented people gotta put the hours in no one just "talented" in that they pick it up n hey presto they can play. singing about shit we care about? whoose we? this is me n u talkin here, whoose this we ur representin, what're u some kinda rock coalition, speak for urself. i think u'll find Nas, Public Enemy, Eminem COUNTLESS rappers rap about things people care about others people wouldnt be listening. maybe they're just a lil more existential, wtf makes the things u care about more relevant than the things other people care about? later in ur rant u said u dont even listen to rap so how'd u even know what ur critiquing??? whats wrong with cars n bitches?? :lol: didnt u ever hear of rockin 88? u women have heard of jalopies u heard the noise they make??? ring any bells rock fan?? theres a car built jus for meee?? to own that car would be a luxury but right now i cant afford the gas a brand new convertible is outta my class but that cant stop me from-a thinkin to myself, its sure fine lookin man, WOW, its somethin else? ring any bells rock fan??? rock around the clock, 20 flight rock ALL these songs were about cars, partying, girls, jus not as explicit as some rap cuz it was a reflection of the day/times. elvises pelvis was to the 50s what the 2 live crew were to the 90s i.e. sexually explicit. eddie cochran, gene vincent, little richard n his semi-drag, elvis, jerry lee lewis were all objectionable to the 50s establishment for almost identical reasons as yours, they talk about cars, girls n also in many case, how they dont take no shit...what u gotta understand is elvis singing trouble in his day was the equivlent of gangsta rappers nowadays, the level of offence was the same jus the words/terminology was different because the times were different. things tend to date but the premise is identical. as far as the whole trendsetter motif well thats just a fact of life my friend, in this day and age and indeed from rock n rolls inception onwards image has been CRUCIAL. whether its leather jackets, curled lips n elvis haircuts of khaki's n ecko n bandannas, the ideas the same, thats something im sorry but i cannot help, its just a fact of life n its somethin ur gonna hafta come to terms with if ur gonna live in the real world. whats bob dylan not being considered incapable of singing got to do with it? well thats real simple, u say "these rappers aint singing" and in dylans day as Dr. Thompson once pointed out, they said the same about dylan. get it? and if u dont like/listen to rap and dont care then this entire discussion is pointless because u have in one fell swoop informed me that u dont know what ur talking about when u critique hip hop n not only that, u dont care to know either. that says a lot really about why u started this discussion n what u hope to achieve from it. attention seeking much? whether i'd eat it up or not would depend on this context n ur makin the subject so steeped in hypothesis as to make it impossible for me to answer. u want me to explain what "they" are talking about yet u freely admit to not listenin to what they're talkin about, not caring n somehow, magically, despite the aforementioned handicaps, not caring what they're talkin about. contradiction much? for godssakes, how many songs are as outwardly about sex as hip hop songs are??? hmmm, well, lets see here, its so easy by guns n roses, girls girls girls - motley crue, blowjobs by gg allin, how many exactly do u want me to name??? and what exactly is it about sex that u find so objectionable anyway? i have yet to make a valid point about why rap is music?? why or how? what do u mean why its music, why is anything music dumbass? i think u mean how but im not gonna be presumptuous. fuck it, yes i am. music, as the dictionary defines it is as follows:

"an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner"

ya dig? nowhere in this does it say what u r allowed/not allowed to use because music isnt limited like that, clear enough for ya??? and as for this race card shit, i didnt even mention race until u weighed in with ur "black people didnt have nothin goin for em" comment, so how exactly am i pulling a race card??

n i dunno WHY the fuck ur talkin to me about crack for, i never made no mention of the shit n u totally lost me on that. n i dont hate u, i dont even know you and i didnt make a single personal attack that wasnt based on somethin that YOU wrote, so if u've taken them personally i think u need to look into urself n consider what you've said/meant because i dont know u as a person to attack u personally nor have i nor do i care enough to. wont win? i didnt realise u was a PLAYA :lol: hurting people feelings is a hobby huh? oooooh, whatever!!! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

edit: i noticed u mention richard pryor, ed n denzel in there too. i didnt realise we were talkin about outside of music people too.

Edited by frankwhite

oh where to begin :lol: this is gonna be funny. ok, black people didnt have nothin goin in when rap was embroynic? hmm, thats funny, whoose michael jackson, whoose prince, teddy pendergrass, barry white, earth wind n fire?? (familiar much?) lionel ritchie?? (i could go on for days) and as far as the instrument thing, im sorry but ur just wrong, face it, deal with it, i reasoned out perfectly well how ANYTHING u can manipulate a sound out of can be construed as a musical instrument or considered a contributor is creating the end product which is a piece of music. cuz thats all instruments are too, inanimate objects from which sound is manipulated. i obviously dont no you? oh well no shit sherlock, we're on a message board asshole of course i dont know u i jus respond based on what u say, like everyone u meet on message boards. n as far as the talent versus a lotta practise, lemme tell u somethin, even talented people gotta put the hours in no one just "talented" in that they pick it up n hey presto they can play. singing about shit we care about? whoose we? this is me n u talkin here, whoose this we ur representin, what're u some kinda rock coalition, speak for urself. i think u'll find Nas, Public Enemy, Eminem COUNTLESS rappers rap about things people care about others people wouldnt be listening. maybe they're just a lil more existential, wtf makes the things u care about more relevant than the things other people care about? later in ur rant u said u dont even listen to rap so how'd u even know what ur critiquing??? whats wrong with cars n bitches?? :lol: didnt u ever hear of rockin 88? u women have heard of jalopies u heard the noise they make??? ring any bells rock fan?? theres a car built jus for meee?? to own that car would be a luxury but right now i cant afford the gas a brand new convertible is outta my class but that cant stop me from-a thinkin to myself, its sure fine lookin man, WOW, its somethin else? ring any bells rock fan??? rock around the clock, 20 flight rock ALL these songs were about cars, partying, girls, jus not as explicit as some rap cuz it was a reflection of the day/times. elvises pelvis was to the 50s what the 2 live crew were to the 90s i.e. sexually explicit. eddie cochran, gene vincent, little richard n his semi-drag, elvis, jerry lee lewis were all objectionable to the 50s establishment for almost identical reasons as yours, they talk about cars, girls n also in many case, how they dont take no shit...what u gotta understand is elvis singing trouble in his day was the equivlent of gangsta rappers nowadays, the level of offence was the same jus the words/terminology was different because the times were different. things tend to date but the premise is identical. as far as the whole trendsetter motif well thats just a fact of life my friend, in this day and age and indeed from rock n rolls inception onwards image has been CRUCIAL. whether its leather jackets, curled lips n elvis haircuts of khaki's n ecko n bandannas, the ideas the same, thats something im sorry but i cannot help, its just a fact of life n its somethin ur gonna hafta come to terms with if ur gonna live in the real world. whats bob dylan not being considered incapable of singing got to do with it? well thats real simple, u say "these rappers aint singing" and in dylans day as Dr. Thompson once pointed out, they said the same about dylan. get it? and if u dont like/listen to rap and dont care then this entire discussion is pointless because u have in one fell swoop informed me that u dont know what ur talking about when u critique hip hop n not only that, u dont care to know either. that says a lot really about why u started this discussion n what u hope to achieve from it. attention seeking much? whether i'd eat it up or not would depend on this context n ur makin the subject so steeped in hypothesis as to make it impossible for me to answer. u want me to explain what "they" are talking about yet u freely admit to not listenin to what they're talkin about, not caring n somehow, magically, despite the aforementioned handicaps, not caring what they're talkin about. contradiction much? for godssakes, how many songs are as outwardly about sex as hip hop songs are??? hmmm, well, lets see here, its so easy by guns n roses, girls girls girls - motley crue, blowjobs by gg allin, how many exactly do u want me to name??? and what exactly is it about sex that u find so objectionable anyway? i have yet to make a valid point about why rap is music?? why or how? what do u mean why its music, why is anything music dumbass? i think u mean how but im not gonna be presumptuous. fuck it, yes i am. music, as the dictionary defines it is as follows:

"an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner"

ya dig? nowhere in this does it say what u r allowed/not allowed to use because music isnt limited like that, clear enough for ya??? and as for this race card shit, i didnt even mention race until u weighed in with ur "black people didnt have nothin goin for em" comment, so how exactly am i pulling a race card??

n i dunno WHY the fuck ur talkin to me about crack for, i never made no mention of the shit n u totally lost me on that. n i dont hate u, i dont even know you and i didnt make a single personal attack that wasnt based on somethin that YOU wrote, so if u've taken them personally i think u need to look into urself n consider what you've said/meant because i dont know u as a person to attack u personally nor have i nor do i care enough to. wont win? i didnt realise u was a PLAYA :lol: hurting people feelings is a hobby huh? oooooh, whatever!!! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

edit: i noticed u mention richard pryor, ed n denzel in there too. i didnt realise we were talkin about outside of music people too.

I never denied that rock music sang about these things, but to say elvis singing trouble, was the same as nas and whoever singin whatever, it's not even almost the same. sure, the circumstances were similar, but I think the context of the songs and what they are actually syaing is quiet different... you've got Elvis sayin you don't wanna fuck with me or i'll stomp you out, dont fuck with me I wont fuck with you (or as your music says dont start no shit wont be no shit?), where as nine out of ten rap songs are about inciting violence instead of not taking the shit someone is trying to start with you. No, I don;t listen to rap, I dont own a Rap Cd and I dont desire to.. but as I stated before I have many black friends, and when hanging out with them i'm forced to listen to it, and hear the idiotic shit they talk about, so don't tell me that I don;t knwo what i'm talking about... I didnt just decide I don;t like rap, as a matter of fact I used to like the shit, until I found metal. not rock as you have decided in youir head that I like rock, because I dont as I also find alot of rock music to be fake and bullshit lacking in anything real just like rap.. it's the lack of true meaning in anything that I can not get passed. What has M&M rapped about that meant anything? Stan? few songs about his daughter, and all his poor me songs, othe rthan that it's about his girlfriend, who's fuckin looney, his mom and hooray for tolerance!s (his words, not mine), I never said that you didnt have to practice along with your talents, but if everyone could become talented with practise I think it's safe to say we'd all be writing books, music, singing, playing in a band, acting or doing something othe rthan what we're doing now... in anything you do there is a level of talent that you were born with, knowledge of something othe rthan what most people have and thats what I meant there, asfor speaking in rythem and rhyming and whatever, it just takes alot of work and a good understanding of words, or else there wouldnt be so many mainstream rappers. Granted that yes, a musical instrument is anything you can make rthym with, yes.. but in using a drum machine, you're not creating music... like you are with a drumset... a guitar, a bass, a flute, hell, even a washboard or windchimes... you are actually creating the music, and asfor sampling, you're taking bits and peices of music that someone else has created, and adding your twist to it.. it's not the same as a cover song, so dont go there. Yes, you attacked me personally by calling me ignorant.. told me to suck a dick, called me motherfucker how many times? called me asshole to start with.. what tha hell? Sounds to me like you couldnt help but jump my ass and start name calling.

I made the comment out of the fact that, until rap, there was nothing to set them apart as theirs, up until the point that rap came out, they were still some what looked down upon by the rest society, and it was during the 90's that gangster rap started, and it helped them to find an identity and set them apart from white's, mexican's, jews and indians ect ect ect... thus making this mix of races what it is today.. but I guess you couldnt understand that without me explaining it to you... and i'm not playing games with you and dont seek your attention, I come here daily to see whats going on in the world of music, mainly Gn'r... I happened upon this topic as many others and read it, upon redaing it decided i'll add my two cents.. and while I was here, figure di'd find out the name of a song as you'll see if you'll look back to the gears of war post I made, and that was pretty much it...i've been here for while, i just dont post much as I dont feel alot of this is worth posting to, except at this site about music, because some of the people's veiws here are pretty cool and I like to hear differents hit and different opinions, as for hurting people sfeelings as a hobby, it's something we say amongst me and my friends, because I have cold dissposition when it comes to stupid shit and people.

as to the axluverwhatever person.... I already mentioned the peanut, we know about rap.. didnt know too much about the waterblaster thingy there.. thats pretty cool... but, none of thsi si something that sets them aside from other races, and give them something to be proud of.. ask any black person in tha hood who invinted the lunchpale and they prolly gonna laugh at you.. but ask 'em who did gin and juice and everybody knows that... that set them apart from anybody else asfar as a race..

asfor rock n' roll, yes, I know black peole invinted rock n' roll, and the blues and jazz, but none outside of chuck berry jimi hendrix and a select few have been as popular as a guns n' roses, nirvana, slipknot or pearljam... Im know that without them there wouldnt be those, but when it comes down to it, metal just seems more set for a whiter audience, and rap, hiphop and R&B are more for a blacker audience, and thats my opinion,

as to the axluverwhatever person.... I already mentioned the peanut, we know about rap.. didnt know too much about the waterblaster thingy there.. thats pretty cool... but, none of thsi si something that sets them aside from other races, and give them something to be proud of.. ask any black person in tha hood who invinted the lunchpale and they prolly gonna laugh at you.. but ask 'em who did gin and juice and everybody knows that... that set them apart from anybody else asfar as a race..

asfor rock n' roll, yes, I know black peole invinted rock n' roll, and the blues and jazz, but none outside of chuck berry jimi hendrix and a select few have been as popular as a guns n' roses, nirvana, slipknot or pearljam... Im know that without them there wouldnt be those, but when it comes down to it, metal just seems more set for a whiter audience, and rap, hiphop and R&B are more for a blacker audience, and thats my opinion,

Please just stop talking, you're embarrassing yourself.

You do realize more young white boys buy more rap than black youth?

Frankly, most black people don't even live "in the hood". And gin and juice isn't what set black people apart from everyone else. :rolleyes: Clearly you live in a very teeny tiny bubble.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

I never denied that rock music sang about these things, but to say elvis singing trouble, was the same as nas and whoever singin whatever, it's not even almost the same. sure, the circumstances were similar, but I think the context of the songs and what they are actually syaing is quiet different... you've got Elvis sayin you don't wanna fuck with me or i'll stomp you out, dont fuck with me I wont fuck with you (or as your music says dont start no shit wont be no shit?), where as nine out of ten rap songs are about inciting violence instead of not taking the shit someone is trying to start with you. No, I don;t listen to rap, I dont own a Rap Cd and I dont desire to.. but as I stated before I have many black friends, and when hanging out with them i'm forced to listen to it, and hear the idiotic shit they talk about, so don't tell me that I don;t knwo what i'm talking about... I didnt just decide I don;t like rap, as a matter of fact I used to like the shit, until I found metal. not rock as you have decided in youir head that I like rock, because I dont as I also find alot of rock music to be fake and bullshit lacking in anything real just like rap.. it's the lack of true meaning in anything that I can not get passed. What has M&M rapped about that meant anything? Stan? few songs about his daughter, and all his poor me songs, othe rthan that it's about his girlfriend, who's fuckin looney, his mom and hooray for tolerance!s (his words, not mine), I never said that you didnt have to practice along with your talents, but if everyone could become talented with practise I think it's safe to say we'd all be writing books, music, singing, playing in a band, acting or doing something othe rthan what we're doing now... in anything you do there is a level of talent that you were born with, knowledge of something othe rthan what most people have and thats what I meant there, asfor speaking in rythem and rhyming and whatever, it just takes alot of work and a good understanding of words, or else there wouldnt be so many mainstream rappers. Granted that yes, a musical instrument is anything you can make rthym with, yes.. but in using a drum machine, you're not creating music... like you are with a drumset... a guitar, a bass, a flute, hell, even a washboard or windchimes... you are actually creating the music, and asfor sampling, you're taking bits and peices of music that someone else has created, and adding your twist to it.. it's not the same as a cover song, so dont go there. Yes, you attacked me personally by calling me ignorant.. told me to suck a dick, called me motherfucker how many times? called me asshole to start with.. what tha hell? Sounds to me like you couldnt help but jump my ass and start name calling.

I made the comment out of the fact that, until rap, there was nothing to set them apart as theirs, up until the point that rap came out, they were still some what looked down upon by the rest society, and it was during the 90's that gangster rap started, and it helped them to find an identity and set them apart from white's, mexican's, jews and indians ect ect ect... thus making this mix of races what it is today.. but I guess you couldnt understand that without me explaining it to you... and i'm not playing games with you and dont seek your attention, I come here daily to see whats going on in the world of music, mainly Gn'r... I happened upon this topic as many others and read it, upon redaing it decided i'll add my two cents.. and while I was here, figure di'd find out the name of a song as you'll see if you'll look back to the gears of war post I made, and that was pretty much it...i've been here for while, i just dont post much as I dont feel alot of this is worth posting to, except at this site about music, because some of the people's veiws here are pretty cool and I like to hear differents hit and different opinions, as for hurting people sfeelings as a hobby, it's something we say amongst me and my friends, because I have cold dissposition when it comes to stupid shit and people.

i dont see a single point brought up here that i haven't already shown the exit. now ur jus repeating urself. and as i say, i didnt make a single personal attack until u cast dispersions on my race.

i dont see a single point brought up here that i haven't already shown the exit. now ur jus repeating urself. and as i say, i didnt make a single personal attack until u cast dispersions on my race.

I didnt cast anything bad on your race, I think y'all do a pretty good job of it yourselves.. asfor white youth buying rap albums... no shit genius, did it take your hours to research those numbers, or just commin sence? I know that the idiotic white youth males of today are buying into the bullshit that they're selling and thats fine with me, just dont expect me to drop to that level. You say black people dont live in the hood? I live in a small bubble you say? Then what tha fuck is the hood, aka the ghetto, aka the quarters for then? Why do everytime I drive down MS avenue it looks like wet africa broke out? How come everytime I go thru the plantation, it looks like wet africa broke out? Whats them place sin your neighborhood that YOU dont go into called? The fuckin hood dumbass and if you'd quit riding thru with your blinders on you'll see 'em all, standin outside raisin hell and startin shit... so what do you call that? Do you have a better name for a small communtity that houses many welfare cases, where shits run down, no white people live in it and everybodies payin 2 bucks a month because they got section 8 housing, not because there's anything wrong with anybody in the house, but just because I guess, it's easier than going to work. If you dont think black people in the hood bitch, you dont think I live in the real world, come on down to MS, i'll take you out to MS Ave. drop your ass off and see what you call it when/if you make it out... Take you to the plantation apartments, let you hear the sounds of gunshots, get shot at, see motherfucker's slingin rock, breakin into cars, let you be a look out man, and when the nights over, see what YOU call it... take you to the otherside of h-burge, where you're likly to get snatched from your car if you're not gone by dark. I know you're going to flame me, and tell me these places dont exsist, shit dont happen like that, whatever.. come and see it first hand instead of reading about how hard the "struggle" is and you tell me what you think, tell me where the problem is, see if i'm still close minded...

Edited by oogieboogieman420

I didnt cast anything bad on your race, I think y'all do a pretty good job of it yourselves.. asfor white youth buying rap albums... no shit genius, did it take your hours to research those numbers, or just commin sence? I know that the idiotic white youth males of today are buying into the bullshit that they're selling and thats fine with me, just dont expect me to drop to that level. You say black people dont live in the hood? I live in a small bubble you say? Then what tha fuck is the hood, aka the ghetto, aka the quarters for then? Why do everytime I drive down MS avenue it looks like wet africa broke out? How come everytime I go thru the plantation, it looks like wet africa broke out? Whats them place sin your neighborhood that YOU dont go into called? The fuckin hood dumbass and if you'd quit riding thru with your blinders on you'll see 'em all, standin outside raisin hell and startin shit... so what do you call that? Do you have a better name for a small communtity that houses many welfare cases, where shits run down, no white people live in it and everybodies payin 2 bucks a month because they got section 8 housing, not because there's anything wrong with anybody in the house, but just because I guess, it's easier than going to work. If you dont think black people in the hood bitch, you dont think I live in the real world, come on down to MS, i'll take you out to MS Ave. drop your ass off and see what you call it when/if you make it out... Take you to the plantation apartments, let you hear the sounds of gunshots, get shot at, see motherfucker's slingin rock, breakin into cars, let you be a look out man, and when the nights over, see what YOU call it... take you to the otherside of h-burge, where you're likly to get snatched from your car if you're not gone by dark. I know you're going to flame me, and tell me these places dont exsist, shit dont happen like that, whatever.. come and see it first hand instead of reading about how hard the "struggle" is and you tell me what you think, tell me where the problem is, see if i'm still close minded...

Didn't I tell you you should stop talking? I think your biggest problem is reading and comprehension. YOU'RE the one that said that rap music is for black audiences--I was just pointing the fact that more white people buy it, which basically destroys your argument. And I said NOT ALL black people live in the ghetto, just like all white people don't live in trailer parks.

Sweetie, I've been in the hood--I've tutored kids who live in the hood. I went to church with people who live in the hood. But don't tell me that's where ALL black people reside; you're talking a small part of the population. Most black people are middle class hard working families, no different than anyone else.

I say you're close minded because you think black people don't have anything going on for them but rap. Ever been to a black college campus? There are quite a few of them, filled up with black people (and some white matter of fact) trying to make a better life for themselves. Black college enrollment is up at most colleges. We don't all sit around planning our next drive-by, taking a check from the government. Based on what you think, I need to just pull my kids out of their right school now, and teach them how to rhyme, since according to you, they won't be good at anything else. What's the use of them having the best education if jackasses like you can't see past your prejudices to see their potential?

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Didn't I tell you you should stop talking? I think your biggest problem is reading and comprehension. YOU'RE the one that said that rap music is for black audiences--I was just pointing the fact that more white people buy it, which basically destroys your argument. And I said NOT ALL black people live in the ghetto, just like all white people don't live in trailer parks.

Sweetie, I've been in the hood--I've tutored kids who live in the hood. I went to church with people who live in the hood. But don't tell me that's where ALL black people reside; you're talking a small part of the population. Most black people are middle class hard working families, no different than anyone else.

I say you're close minded because you think black people don't have anything going on for them but rap. Ever been to a black college campus? There are quite a few of them, filled up with black people (and some white matter of fact) trying to make a better life for themselves. Black college enrollment is up at most colleges. We don't all sit around planning our next drive-by, taking a check from the government. Based on what you think, I need to just pull my kids out of their right school now, and teach them how to rhyme, since according to you, they won't be good at anything else. What's the use of them having the best education if jackasses like you can't see past your prejudices to see their potential?

I never said all black people live in the hood either, so maybe it's YOU that has a problem with reading and comprehention, and no, i've never been to a black college campus, because i'm not black and if it's a united negro college, I'm pretty sure i wasnt invited. I never said that black people dont have anything going for them, I said until rap came along they didnt have anything going for them, like I said, to set them apart from everyone else, so again, you must have a reading and comprehention problem, asfor your kids, put 'em in school if you want, millions of parents do it all the time, and it still doesnt help.. so thats your call, and if it wasnt for the majority of black people acting like they do, there wouldnt be people like me. I'm not prejudice, i've always said black or white dont matter, get off your ass and make something of yourself... I never said the only thing black people are good at is rythming, you said that.. couldnt help but pull a race card huh? something else I guess you'll be teaching your kids, when people dont see things like you do, just say it's becaus ei'm black... I dont care who is rapping, paul wall, lil jon or M&M, I don;t like it and it's not music, got nothin to do with skin color. Maybe the problem with black society is people like you who think because I say something bad about black people I must be prejudice and racist, cant be just because it's the truth, or I happen to see something nobody else see's... and I don't care if you're chinese and drawing a government check, it's wrong and you need a fuckin job.. if you can ask for a check you can say welcome to mcdonalds.. sorry if my parents raised me to not just sit on my ass and collect free money, and to despise people that do... black or white.. so fuck you.. and if i'm so racist, why do I hang out with the very people I apparently hate so much? You wanna explain to your kid's how that works? How you can take my one comment, and all teh sudden decide i'm a racist? It's becaus ei'm white huh? If I was black you wouldnt sya that.. regardless of what I said about anybody.. if I was black and said I hate cracka ass redneck white boy's.. that'd be fine wouldnt it? But if i'm white and say "I dont like and until rap came along black people didnt have anything going for 'em" asfor what I said about the hood, i'm just goin by what I see, I never denied there was hard wrking black people out there making a better life for themselves.. but the majority isn't... and if you try to sit there and tell me they're not you know you're lieing, or else there wouldnt be so many in jail.. or oh yeah thats right.. cops just like to arrest black people for no reason all the time, right? Just to save a white guy from goin to the pen, right? I don't deny that their maybe a few cases here and there of the wrong black person going to jail, or a white cop just hasslin a black dude, but for everyone that's black, there's a white dude in jail for the same bullshit deal. so dont gimme that... I don't doubt that alot want a better life... just like alot of white people these days dont want anybetter and they live in a fuckin trailer park raisin 4 kids they cant afford, sitting in a home that smell's like dried ketchup... i've met those type's aswell, and I hold nothing for them either. I know you still think i'm a racist, and thats fine with me, because thats what you've been taught to believe, when somone of a different race disagree's it's because they're racist, whatever...

I never said all black people live in the hood either, so maybe it's YOU that has a problem with reading and comprehention, and no, i've never been to a black college campus, because i'm not black and if it's a united negro college, I'm pretty sure i wasnt invited. I never said that black people dont have anything going for them, I said until rap came along they didnt have anything going for them, like I said, to set them apart from everyone else, so again, you must have a reading and comprehention problem, asfor your kids, put 'em in school if you want, millions of parents do it all the time, and it still doesnt help.. so thats your call, and if it wasnt for the majority of black people acting like they do, there wouldnt be people like me. I'm not prejudice, i've always said black or white dont matter, get off your ass and make something of yourself... I never said the only thing black people are good at is rythming, you said that.. couldnt help but pull a race card huh? something else I guess you'll be teaching your kids, when people dont see things like you do, just say it's becaus ei'm black... I dont care who is rapping, paul wall, lil jon or M&M, I don;t like it and it's not music, got nothin to do with skin color. Maybe the problem with black society is people like you who think because I say something bad about black people I must be prejudice and racist, cant be just because it's the truth, or I happen to see something nobody else see's... and I don't care if you're chinese and drawing a government check, it's wrong and you need a fuckin job.. if you can ask for a check you can say welcome to mcdonalds.. sorry if my parents raised me to not just sit on my ass and collect free money, and to despise people that do... black or white.. so fuck you.. and if i'm so racist, why do I hang out with the very people I apparently hate so much? You wanna explain to your kid's how that works? How you can take my one comment, and all teh sudden decide i'm a racist? It's becaus ei'm white huh? If I was black you wouldnt sya that.. regardless of what I said about anybody.. if I was black and said I hate cracka ass redneck white boy's.. that'd be fine wouldnt it? But if i'm white and say "I dont like and until rap came along black people didnt have anything going for 'em" asfor what I said about the hood, i'm just goin by what I see, I never denied there was hard wrking black people out there making a better life for themselves.. but the majority isn't... and if you try to sit there and tell me they're not you know you're lieing, or else there wouldnt be so many in jail.. or oh yeah thats right.. cops just like to arrest black people for no reason all the time, right? Just to save a white guy from goin to the pen, right? I don't deny that their maybe a few cases here and there of the wrong black person going to jail, or a white cop just hasslin a black dude, but for everyone that's black, there's a white dude in jail for the same bullshit deal. so dont gimme that... I don't doubt that alot want a better life... just like alot of white people these days dont want anybetter and they live in a fuckin trailer park raisin 4 kids they cant afford, sitting in a home that smell's like dried ketchup... i've met those type's aswell, and I hold nothing for them either. I know you still think i'm a racist, and thats fine with me, because thats what you've been taught to believe, when somone of a different race disagree's it's because they're racist, whatever...

I never said you were racist---just uninformed. I think your biggest problem is that you buy into the stereotypes that are out there, and assume we're all like what you see on TV and that keeps you from seeing the real truth. Who said you have to like rap? I personally listen to very little of it, and black people have far more going on for them than that--which was my point.

The rest of your post is just pure drivel--it has nothing to do with what color you are. Based on the comments you made, I'd say you were wrong whether you were black, white, orange, or purple. Anyway, it doesn't matter, because at the end of the day, you're still wrong.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

This is one of the most insightful posts I've ever read on this forum.

This is one of the most insightful posts I've ever read on this forum.

I second that

Great post frankwhite, really great post

What the fuck sweetness? Didn't you hate rap?

I dont listen to it, for the most part it anoys me. But thats not to say it isnt music and black people have nothing going for them, frank also made some good points about whats wrong with rock these days, he knows his shit.

Just a good post, you dont have to enjoy rap to see that. Besides, theres a few rap songs I like, its not all cheesy cliches like on MTV.

Edited by sweetness

ooogie, with the black people in the hood riff, check this here ok, who the fuck d'ya think built the projects? it werent black people, the fact of the matter is, black people have been less than human in american society since forever n its only JUST come to pass, like 80s onwards that they're gettin their dues, meaning equality. but u cant discount the fact that thats how we been fuckin raised, in this shit. black motherfuckers in the 70s, our "parents" whoever didnt have equal oppertunities, they had everything goin for em, society jus never let it go for long thats all. n these r the people the projects were built for. government checks dont pay for shit motherfucker n no one enjoys gettin that shit, its fucked up but it how the shit is. why'd u think motherfuckers wanna sell drugs, they been doin it since back in the day to get their ends that they couldnt get by jus straight up walkin into some place n gettin a job as easy as that. when ur backs against the wall u do what u gotta do, right or wrong really stops meanin shit when ur gettin them missed meal cramps n shit. u can't fuckin speak on statistics like the ratio of black men in jail when u refuse to address the inequalities that society placed on an entire race for hundreds of years. agreed, its not the same anymore but its not as easy as "hey presto, ur equal now" u work ur own way out of this shit. n u talk about them hangin out etc, well there ya go, what other outlet is there for their energies? they werent conscripted into no fuckin little league when they were younger or had big dining table "how was ur day junior" conversations with daddy mommy and the siblings, they aint got no positive fuckin role model of a brother that looks like john cusack out in the driveway doin a fix up job on a 58 chevy n offerin good advice on ur first kiss. see what im sayin? people respond in accordance to their envoirnment and black people aint create that fuckin envoirnment, it was there for em already. lock a baby in a box for his whole life n let him out when he's thirteen, dont expect the light to not hurt the motherfuckers eyes. everything is the way it is for a reason n if u truly believe the things that u see are fucked up n hope for them to change then heres a little advice, identifying the problem as you've done is good, but if u really passionate about it being a bad thing get up off ur ass n do somethin about it because thats the difference between a motherfucker that jus wanna rag for raggin's sake n someone who genuinely cares. but oh wait, ur cold arent u? :lol: i forgot, why should u care right? care enough to moan, but not enough to instigate any change. the whole fact that u deny out n out that rap is music even though i've laid it out for u in the plainest terms possible shows that ur jus DYING for a cause, u'll do anything jus to grab onto somethin that u could truly say u believe in, only problem is u seem to have picked negativity which is good for identifying problems so its not completely useless but it doesnt go too far in to solving them. what i meant was, u need somethin to do, DESPERATELY. the fact that u have so much vacant energy to direct towards hate says a lot about u. n dont gimme that " i got nothin against black people" shit cuz its obvious that u do have some against a least a certain cross section of them as illustrated in the following quote:

"Why do everytime I drive down MS avenue it looks like wet africa broke out? How come everytime I go thru the plantation, it looks like wet africa broke out? Whats them place sin your neighborhood that YOU dont go into called? The fuckin hood dumbass and if you'd quit riding thru with your blinders on you'll see 'em all, standin outside raisin hell and startin shit... so what do you call that? Do you have a better name for a small communtity that houses many welfare cases, where shits run down, no white people live in it and everybodies payin 2 bucks a month because they got section 8 housing, not because there's anything wrong with anybody in the house, but just because I guess, it's easier than going to work. If you dont think black people in the hood bitch, you dont think I live in the real world, come on down to MS, i'll take you out to MS Ave. drop your ass off and see what you call it when/if you make it out... Take you to the plantation apartments, let you hear the sounds of gunshots, get shot at, see motherfucker's slingin rock, breakin into cars, let you be a look out man, and when the nights over, see what YOU call it... take you to the otherside of h-burge, where you're likly to get snatched from your car if you're not gone by dark. I know you're going to flame me, and tell me these places dont exsist, shit dont happen like that, whatever.. come and see it first hand instead of reading about how hard the "struggle" is and you tell me what you think, tell me where the problem is, see if i'm still close minded..."

Golly, are u tryna tell me somethin? i guess my whole vacant energy, u need somethin to do riff is a sharp parrallel between what i was sayin previously in this post when i justifying the folks that are regularly seen "standing outside raisin hell, startin shit". in an odd way, u have a lot in common with them.