GNR Should Tour With Metallica again

jaypayton

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that tour twice...Metallica's set was very mechanical.Same dialogue "no really...you guys are the BEST audience of the tour so far" etc. etc.

It had a mundane sameness about it (not that they didn't rock or anything)...it was predictable.

Guns came out both times and played what they wanted,when they wanted and both shows were completely different which was great.

The Toronto show was after the MTV awards with the GnR/Nirvana incident(s)...so Axl did a Nirvana/Cobain rant during the show (while wearing a Nirvana cap)...then he took the cap off and lit it on fire!

anyhoo...

I didn't think the tour was a wise matchup then...and I certainly wouldn't like to see it now.

They should tour with Jimi Hendrix!

yes but who would support hendrix or gnr? that is a big question right there :)

Janis Joplin, of course!

On topic, this is a pipe dream. I hope you all got to see it in 92, because I did and it was great.

Maybe once you are done putting this together, you can scoot on over to the Gaza Strip and mend those fences between the Israelis and the Palestinians.

Classic... I gotta take notes here...

Metallica has become the laughing stock of the metal community. Nobody respects them anymore. If GNR want to reconnect with the youth of today they are not gonna make that happen playing with a bunch of dinosaurs that can't do it themselves. It would simple be a nastolga tour.

Edited by afterthebath

GET OUT OF THE FUCKING PAST!!

Next you'll be wanted Skid Row to support them again....... oh shit.... :chef:

:P

LP

I agree somewhat. Skid Row would suck. However I'd love to see Metallica and GNR at the same show. I'm not a huge fan of Metallica but it'd be cool.

Metallica has become the laughing stock of the metal community. Nobody respects them anymore. If GNR want to reconnect with the youth of today they are not gonna make that happen playing with a bunch of dinosaurs that can't do it themselves. It would simple be a nastolga tour.

GNR has become the laughing stock of the music community as a whole.

Metallica doesn't need to tour with Axl, they can still sell out any arena in the world, unlike Mr. Rose.

Metallica have been dead for 15 years so no.

Yeah and GNR has been a lively band too right?

True Metallica's newer stuff isn't as good as their earlier but at least they've put out new stuff. Unlike.... well you know. Hopefully thats about to change though.

As fas as a GNR and Metallica tour goes first it would never happen and two Axl would never open for metallica.(which is what he would have to do since they are the bigger act now)

fuck metallica, they suck anyway, always have done. did axl ever have anythin to say about that makin fun of him shit?

Metallica suck.. really? Hmmm... What about "Kill Em' All, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, And Justice For All. Metallica (black album)? If you think these albums SUCK, then you know nothing about music. Metallica made a lot of good music. Unfortunately success turned them into complete fucking pussies. I was embaressed after watching that horrible movie. Every album since Load has gotten terribly worse. There is no way Metallica would play with GNR. There are way too many egos here...

True Metallica's newer stuff isn't as good as their earlier but at least they've put out new stuff. Unlike.... well you know. Hopefully thats about to change though.

As fas as a GNR and Metallica tour goes first it would never happen and two Axl would never open for metallica.(which is what he would have to do since they are the bigger act now)

Even if Axl would have released the album back in 1999 when it was going to be industrial shit it still would have been better than Metallica post-1989.

to the guy who said Metallica is a laughingstock and lost their respect in the metal community..dude they still sell out every damn stadium they play...Phil Anselmo who used to diss them was kissing their ass recently on stage with Down....and if you saw or heard them blast thru damage inc. or leper messiah or battery this summer you wouldnt think they were washed up...as for the guy who said if GNR wants to connect with the teenybopper crowd they wouldnt play with dinosaurs like Metallica..Uh dude Axlis touring with fuckign SEBASTIAN BACH?!?! talk about washed up and beyond his prime......more young people are into Metallica than fuckin Bach..I know cuz im one of em

Even if Axl would have released the album back in 1999 when it was going to be industrial shit it still would have been better than Metallica post-1989.

You realize that the black album came out in 91? That crushes anything I've heard from GNR after Illusions.(hell its better then most of the Illusions stuff.)

Edited by gnrrulz

Do you own the Black album?

Sad but true

Nothing Else Matters

The Unforgiven

Don't Tread on Me

Of Wolf and Man

The whole album is pretty good. Sure it doesn't stand up to AFD stuff but it matches or betters anything else GNR did.

I prefer Master & Kill Em' All to the black album. As for the comparison with Illusions, I will say this. It depends on what your preference in music is. They are both the best at what they are trying to do. They are all excellent albums, but I would still put the Illusions over anything Metallica did. But I can see how some people love Metallica. Their pre-Load days were fucking awesome. Not that Load is a terrible album. But it is mediocre compared with the former. And ReLoad has two good songs on it. The it gets MUCH worse. I have seen Metallica in concert several times and the shows always rocked and the sound was really great. I can say they did go out of their way to put on great shows. It is a shame what has become of the band. Yes I would still go see them...