Dream Theater?

Stephenslashpetrucci

Yeah I've heard of them and heard them. One of my prototyping partners is real into them and has them blaring on his headphones all the time. You alwaysz here him coming from 20 feet away :lol:.

I'm not too into them though. They're good and fun to listen to, but I'm not like.. a true fan I suppose. Just a casual listener.

hey guys

just wondering if any of u ppl have heard of Dream Theater.

they are my 2nd fav band behind gnr obv..

just want to know what your thoughts and opinions are on this :0

Cheers

then I guess u have maiden on third fucker

ON THIS BOARD WE LIKE ROCK N ROLL, NOT SOME FANTASY DOLLS ON STAGE AND POSTERS OF GREEN ANIMALS...for those who understand that. lool

they are amazing. one of my favourite bands. i cant get enough of them.......although Train of Thought was pretty crappy, not up to their standards.

:o

I LOVE Train of Thought!

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence is awesome as well

its my least favorite of theirs, it just all sounds the same and LaBrie's voice just isnt as great and powerfull as in other albums, plus the solos arnt as good. i just think it's a weak album compared to say....Images and Words.

They have some cool songs although I dislike some of their songs. I can't stand those ballad-like songs which are too sappy for me. But I really those hard rocking tunes like Under A Glass Moon, Pull Me Under, Glass Prison and some of the instrumental, Erotomania for example is awesome.

Good band.

The only I song I really dig is "Hollow years". All the other stuff is something I can't get into...

dude that is like their worst song lol

Well, I think it's an awesome ballad, especially live.

Show me a better ballad!

I walk beisde you - Octavarium album (not really a balad but not metal either)

Vacant

The answer lies withing - Octavarium album

I heard lte before i heard DT, Therefore i though petrucci was the fucking win, Then i heard the master of puppets cover, That was cool, apart from the slow interlude sounded like they were using guitar pro..and the vocals fucking failed :unsure:

Then i heard one of there own songs on last.fm and i thought that was pretty good, Still need to hear more though

I heard lte before i heard DT, Therefore i though petrucci was the fucking win, Then i heard the master of puppets cover, That was cool, apart from the slow interlude sounded like they were using guitar pro..and the vocals fucking failed :unsure:

Then i heard one of there own songs on last.fm and i thought that was pretty good, Still need to hear more though

sounds good m8..ive never properly listened to lte but im gonna one day when i have time

i recommend "6 Degrees of inner turbulence" - Disc 1 for metal side of DT

and Awake for just good DT - some good Instrumentals on there

I love Dream Theater!

Amazing virtuosos and composers!

You all gotta see them live! they're awesome!!!

Train of thought and Awake are my favourite albums.

What about liquid tension experiment? Any fans? IMO liquid tension II is absolutely amazing, especially "acid rain"!

I love Dream Theater!

What about liquid tension experiment? Any fans? IMO liquid tension II is absolutely amazing, especially "acid rain"!

I have both LTE albums I think they're ace Paradigm shifts probly my favourite by them

I love Dream Theater!

I have both LTE albums I think they're ace Paradigm shifts probly my favourite by them

oh yeah!!! It's great too!!!!

I now realise that I like (almost) everything, hehe