Communication

Vincent Vega

I think we've entered into a new era for GN'R. Not in a very long time has there been this level of intimacy or communication between the band & the fans, from chats with Bumblefoot to the band's recent press releases. It is showing that they DO care. And that they DO listen. I'm sure that they have their people on places such as HTGTH and this site, watching and taking opinions. Don't even start on the album, it'll come when it'll come, it's not really a life or death manner to anyone here. Sure, it's been a long wait--but a wait that YOU imposed on yourselves. No one forced any of us to wait (which is why in my opinion there's no validity to MOST of the bitching that goes on here) we could've given up interest at any point--But we DID wait and wait still--and I think that is the mark of a true fan.

But, there are fans who act as if they know what is going on behind closed doors and there are also fans who would review shows without even going to them, and I think that when Del made his referrence to people who weren't fans, that is who he was talking about. People like Kaneda, who bitch on moan on a daily basis about every little aspect, who never seem to be satisfied.

People like Kaneda make up the Negative Extremist demographic of this (and other) forums, whereas there is a just as extremist faction which is almost always positive, no matter how grim the situation appears and supports the new band without questioning anything. Extremism, on both ends, is for the obsessed and mentally unstable.

People complained for years about the silence from the GN'R camp on many issues, and when somebody finally did talk, then people complained about what they said. See a pattern here? It's this group of people who expect things to be run EXACTLY to their vision of things. These people are the true dictators--never satisfied until things go exactly as they want it, and I think these people ruin it for everyone else.

That is not to say that I oppose criticism to the new band, on the contrary, I think that criticism is what has helped this band change some of the negative parts of it's performance and of itself to positive points...Now if only they'd scrap the damn solos...lol...But seriously, there is a need for a middle ground. Not overly passive yet not overly aggressive.

Hopefully we can find it, and if anyone here from GN'R reads this, keep up the good work & communication and please release the damn album =)

I think we've entered into a new era for GN'R. Not in a very long time has there been this level of intimacy or communication between the band & the fans, from chats with Bumblefoot to the band's recent press releases. It is showing that they DO care. And that they DO listen. I'm sure that they have their people on places such as HTGTH and this site, watching and taking opinions. Don't even start on the album, it'll come when it'll come, it's not really a life or death manner to anyone here. Sure, it's been a long wait--but a wait that YOU imposed on yourselves. No one forced any of us to wait (which is why in my opinion there's no validity to MOST of the bitching that goes on here) we could've given up interest at any point--But we DID wait and wait still--and I think that is the mark of a true fan.

But, there are fans who act as if they know what is going on behind closed doors and there are also fans who would review shows without even going to them, and I think that when Del made his referrence to people who weren't fans, that is who he was talking about. People like Kaneda, who bitch on moan on a daily basis about every little aspect, who never seem to be satisfied.

People like Kaneda make up the Negative Extremist demographic of this (and other) forums, whereas there is a just as extremist faction which is almost always positive, no matter how grim the situation appears and supports the new band without questioning anything. Extremism, on both ends, is for the obsessed and mentally unstable.

People complained for years about the silence from the GN'R camp on many issues, and when somebody finally did talk, then people complained about what they said. See a pattern here? It's this group of people who expect things to be run EXACTLY to their vision of things. These people are the true dictators--never satisfied until things go exactly as they want it, and I think these people ruin it for everyone else.

That is not to say that I oppose criticism to the new band, on the contrary, I think that criticism is what has helped this band change some of the negative parts of it's performance and of itself to positive points...Now if only they'd scrap the damn solos...lol...But seriously, there is a need for a middle ground. Not overly passive yet not overly aggressive.

Hopefully we can find it, and if anyone here from GN'R reads this, keep up the good work & communication and please release the damn album =)

Well put, it I had the patience to write a pst as well as you it would sound similar. I have many time wrtten the phrase "constuctive criticism" and that is the only kind that should be heeded or take seriously. Anything more extreme is bantha fodder in my opinion. Right there with ya dude, you get my vote. rock3

P.S. Jakamo is pretty funny though ;)