Robin Finck in Worcester

javeluke

tech guys are people too

they are allowed mistakes and some things are beyond their power. its not like they mess up on purpose.

try the job yourselves and you'll see, i was a sound guy last year for a play lasting 3 nights with no previous experience and it was VERY hard

Hey!!

I was right in the front row and saw exactly what happened. Before the show even started, one of the crew was having major problems with the foot petal and wiring for his guitar. I dont know much about wiring.. but he was changing things and spraying stuff to make the wireless thingy stay lit. When Robin was playing, neither of his guitars were playing right and both broke strings.. he got really pissed after the second one broke. So the problem was with the guitars and wiring. As far as the solo's go.. I have been a Guns and Roses fan since 1986. I would be the FIRST to stick up for any of them as far as their music and singing goes.. but DAMM.. to me those solo's sounded really bad too. There must have been something wrong with the microphones and or sound because all the singers sounded like they sucked helium or something.. the bands themselves put on a KILLER concert; but i think the sound was shitty due to equipment. All in all, it was an amazing show.. ESPECIALLY from the front by the barrier; although I still cant hear anything..

Hey everyone, I just wanted to know if anyone else at the Worcester show saw Robin throw his guitar off in the middle of a song. He then goes back towards his guitar tech and I could see the tech on the sidestage ready to put another guitar over Robins neck. Robin then pushed the guitar into the guys face and the dude stumbled back a little.

I thought that was it when Robin came out in the next song with a different guitar, then he threw that one off towards his amps and the stairs and he goes off stage in the middle of another song. I see him grab a bottle of water and throw it toward the backstage from the side.

I dunno, from what I have seen and heard from Robin both on bootlegs and hearing him talk, he always seemed cool, but he was the opposite from what I saw last night. I was about 7 people back on the floor from Robin's side of the stage and I saw all this clear as day. My buddy who was with me who doesn't know anyone in the new lineup was saying "dude, that guy with the beard is being a real dick right now!"

By the way, this was my first GNR show. Axl was amazing. Running full on during Patience and landing every note. All the guitars were great, but to me Fortus is the most impressive in the band. Ron has the crazy tecniques, but Fortus has the perfect fit and style for GNR. Robin was good too but I think that Fortus should be the one playing most of the leads not Robin.

What in the fucking Hell was robin thinking>?>??>

He is in Guns N' Fucking roses, you don't only throw the guitar when it fucks up, you smash the incompetant peice of crap and then declair yourself pissed. Then you verbaly rip the sound guy instead of pushing him.

:xmassrudolph: :P:rofl-lol:

A8R

Hey!!

I was right in the front row and saw exactly what happened. Before the show even started, one of the crew was having major problems with the foot petal and wiring for his guitar. I dont know much about wiring.. but he was changing things and spraying stuff to make the wireless thingy stay lit. When Robin was playing, neither of his guitars were playing right and both broke strings.. he got really pissed after the second one broke. So the problem was with the guitars and wiring. As far as the solo's go.. I have been a Guns and Roses fan since 1986. I would be the FIRST to stick up for any of them as far as their music and singing goes.. but DAMM.. to me those solo's sounded really bad too. There must have been something wrong with the microphones and or sound because all the singers sounded like they sucked helium or something.. the bands themselves put on a KILLER concert; but i think the sound was shitty due to equipment. All in all, it was an amazing show.. ESPECIALLY from the front by the barrier; although I still cant hear anything..

Welcome to this forum. People here ignore posts with substance. It would just cut off the their freedom to play around with radical thoughts :P

Thanks for the info axxiee!

Two strings in row after the foot pedal gave up. LoL, if the sound guy putted me in that situation in front k´s of people I would more then likely ehmmm, express myself.

finck is the most amazing person bar axl in the band. if anyone can play a solo as good as he did that night...he can throw anything any time and he's still the man.

People like you are why O.J. is free.

Pfft Robin is the sweetest to his fans. He is a really good guy - he does have a firey streak to him though. But the way he comes across on his website - he cares you know. I dont think he would of done that to the guitar tech unless he really deserved it.

How could a guitar teach deserve to be traeated like that? There's nothing a guitar tech could do wrong to deserve to have a guitar thrown at him and pushed around and shit.

yeah, unless you can't seem to get a guitar working for someone who's trying to play a show for a few thousand people, robins out there trying to give his best to the crowd and he ends up looking like an ass cuz of some incompetent asshole in the back.

no tech deserves treatment like that because that guy has no business being a guitar tech.

By that way of thinking, Axl should push Finck around every time he mucks up a guitar solo, which is pretty often. What, does Finck have no business being a guitarist because he screws up?

finck is the most amazing person bar axl in the band. if anyone can play a solo as good as he did that night...he can throw anything any time and he's still the man.

Pfft Robin is the sweetest to his fans. He is a really good guy - he does have a firey streak to him though. But the way he comes across on his website - he cares you know. I dont think he would of done that to the guitar tech unless he really deserved it.

How could a guitar teach deserve to be traeated like that? There's nothing a guitar tech could do wrong to deserve to have a guitar thrown at him and pushed around and shit.

yeah, unless you can't seem to get a guitar working for someone who's trying to play a show for a few thousand people, robins out there trying to give his best to the crowd and he ends up looking like an ass cuz of some incompetent asshole in the back.

no tech deserves treatment like that because that guy has no business being a guitar tech.

By that way of thinking, Axl should push Finck around every time he mucks up a guitar solo, which is pretty often. What, does Finck have no business being a guitarist because he screws up?

Still ignore the only post with substance. :drevil: But hey, keep speculating so you have something to build your bullshit on Manstis1604

Edited by shootingstar

aw who gives a fuck what he

did to his teck

u people act like this is fuckin green day or sumshit

its guns n fuckin roses and last i check rock n roll wasnt sposed to be nice

i hope robin throws sum more shit! and breaks sum stuff! show every one that gnr is still a fuckin crazy ass band

Sorry but these type of sound issues should not be happening. I think maybe they need to spend more money on the equipment or get techs who know what they are doing.

I expect sound problems when I go to a club show to see a local band but not when I am paying $75 bucks for a ticket

This was Finck's chance to prove himself as he goes around filling in Slash's shoes. If he has 2 guitars break in the middle of a show, he has a right to be mad, especially if it isn't his fault. He was probably in a rush and maybe panicking a little when they broke on him.

And about his solos from the songs, I think he did fine, except for November Rain. I don't like what he did there, but other than that he was fine. He hit Sweet Child O' Mine perfectly. I don't see what the problem is with this guy, he's fine to me.

And somebody said this earlier, I don't remember who now, but Fortus was by far the most impressive. He plays the same style Slash did, or he did in that concert. His solo was the most entertaining.

Still ignore the only post with substance. :drevil: But hey, keep speculating so you have something to build your bullshit on Manstis1604

By speculating do you mean commenting on a situation, and exposing holes in people's thinking? Will do!

This was Finck's chance to prove himself as he goes around filling in Slash's shoes. If he has 2 guitars break in the middle of a show, he has a right to be mad, especially if it isn't his fault. He was probably in a rush and maybe panicking a little when they broke on him.

And about his solos from the songs, I think he did fine, except for November Rain. I don't like what he did there, but other than that he was fine. He hit Sweet Child O' Mine perfectly. I don't see what the problem is with this guy, he's fine to me.

And somebody said this earlier, I don't remember who now, but Fortus was by far the most impressive. He plays the same style Slash did, or he did in that concert. His solo was the most entertaining.

I agree, Fortus is the best guitarist in the band. He's not the fastest (Bumblefuck), he's not the weirdest (Finck), but he's the best. Of course, Axl probably doesn't want him playing that many leads if he plays like Slash, I guess he'd rather let Bumblefoot ejaculate everywhere with his radical shredding sessions.

By speculating do you mean commenting on a situation, and exposing holes in people's thinking? Will do!

Look at the previous page. This post was there. It says pretty much all about the situation, but people ignored it continued to speculate what went wrong, if something even went wrong or fick was just an asshole etc, etc.

Hey!!

all that 'rock n roll' crap is bullshit.. I wanna see you say that after you get an amp on your head or a guitar in your face.. I wanna see you guys go like "Oh yeah he's got a point", or "oh its THE ROBIN FINK so breaking a guitar on my head is understandable".

i worked as tech on a jazz festival this summer, got to work with numerous international artists (none which you will come familier with), and I actually felt how people can be complete assholes and some people can be very nice.

i got to work with this latin jazz band and they were all shitheads, going like "Ah.. this mic is not too professional for me" or "my water arent cool enough"... they got us to run like rats all around the staduim for a godamn bottle of water..

on the other hand, we worked with brass-like-new-orleans band which took everything easy, they shared their beer with us and gave us CDs of their side projects, we talked about music and about everything else.. that was fun.

back to gn'r, I guess fame makes you lose your roots, I suppose those guys forgot what its like to open for another band.. bring your own amps to a gig and work all summer for a new guitar.. thats not rock n roll.

rock n roll means having fun, means kicking ass and freelancing thru the show (not playing the same damn set for 8 years), means caring for your fans and not being a complete jackass.. that's what I'm looking for in an artist.. sometimes its more important than the music itself.

Oh please. I can't believe people are whining about this. :rolleyes:

From what I've seen and heard about Robin, this isn't the way he normally acts. He is extremely friendly and cordial with fans, and honestly - can you blame him for getting upset when technical problems crop up that prevent him from giving his best performance?

Have you never had a bad day? Have you never lost your temper? Please. If this happened every show, then feel free to whine. But if it's a one-time event, give it a rest.

What in the fucking Hell was robin thinking>?>??>

He is in Guns N' Fucking roses, you don't only throw the guitar when it fucks up, you smash the incompetant peice of crap and then declair yourself pissed. Then you verbaly rip the sound guy instead of pushing him.

:xmassrudolph: :P:rofl-lol:

A8R

best point made so far :rofl-lol:

Hey everyone, I just wanted to know if anyone else at the Worcester show saw Robin throw his guitar off in the middle of a song. He then goes back towards his guitar tech and I could see the tech on the sidestage ready to put another guitar over Robins neck. Robin then pushed the guitar into the guys face and the dude stumbled back a little.

I thought that was it when Robin came out in the next song with a different guitar, then he threw that one off towards his amps and the stairs and he goes off stage in the middle of another song. I see him grab a bottle of water and throw it toward the backstage from the side.

I dunno, from what I have seen and heard from Robin both on bootlegs and hearing him talk, he always seemed cool, but he was the opposite from what I saw last night. I was about 7 people back on the floor from Robin's side of the stage and I saw all this clear as day. My buddy who was with me who doesn't know anyone in the new lineup was saying "dude, that guy with the beard is being a real dick right now!"

By the way, this was my first GNR show. Axl was amazing. Running full on during Patience and landing every note. All the guitars were great, but to me Fortus is the most impressive in the band. Ron has the crazy tecniques, but Fortus has the perfect fit and style for GNR. Robin was good too but I think that Fortus should be the one playing most of the leads not Robin.

Hmmm.... I guess I'll take your word for it. Never really liked Fink, although he is getting alot better.

rock4

Go Robin! rock2

They're supposed to get pissed. The band members play with emotion, with a feel. If something was to go wrong, this is how anyone would react! Someone mentioned Axl going of backstage @ Download, wich I feel is a great comparison.

If some pussy ass like Robin Fink would have done that to me, I would have beaten him with the guitar. Having said that, if there was some serious technical fuck-ups going on that are unacceptable for this level of performance, it is more understandable. I guess Robin must have forgotten that he plays guitar for a living....

Edited by smokingarthur

I personally don't like the attitudes of anyone in the band but Ron. I've heard some nice stories about Tommy and Richard, but these guys are never going to be accepted unless they start showing some appreciation to the fans. Bottom line is that I was outside of the hammerstein shows, and Ron was out there every single night. Axl even showed his face once. Richard was MIA. Robin was MIA. Tommy was a complete dick. Pitman doesn't do autographs, or pictures... so its understandable. Dizzy was a dick. Brain was MIA. Izzy and Kid rock even signed a few autographs on the last night.

Some of the surly attitudes of the new guys isn't going to help the long term success of this band.

That is because at Hammterstien Richard was with his wife and new born at the show. As for Robin, he is always talking to the fans and what not. I see tons of fan pics with robin more than anyone in the band even ron. So get your facts straight.

I personally don't like the attitudes of anyone in the band but Ron. I've heard some nice stories about Tommy and Richard, but these guys are never going to be accepted unless they start showing some appreciation to the fans. Bottom line is that I was outside of the hammerstein shows, and Ron was out there every single night. Axl even showed his face once. Richard was MIA. Robin was MIA. Tommy was a complete dick. Pitman doesn't do autographs, or pictures... so its understandable. Dizzy was a dick. Brain was MIA. Izzy and Kid rock even signed a few autographs on the last night.

Some of the surly attitudes of the new guys isn't going to help the long term success of this band.

That is because at Hammterstien Richard was with his wife and new born at the show. As for Robin, he is always talking to the fans and what not. I see tons of fan pics with robin more than anyone in the band even ron. So get your facts straight.

Very true, very true...good point