Madison Square Garden Discussion Thread

Almost Famous

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You people only disappoint yourselves with your expectations. I'll be expecting 18 or so rants tomorrow about how it's the band's fault that you had your own expectations.

It's a tricky subject, though. Because as a band you can't expect fans not to get their hopes up when you announce a long, long, LONG awaited album is being released by the end of the year.

When this band plays the biggest show of their tour with a month and a half left before the end of the year, I can at least UNDERSTAND why people were getting their hopes up. :)

You people only disappoint yourselves with your expectations. I'll be expecting 18 or so rants tomorrow about how it's the band's fault that you had your own expectations.

It's a tricky subject, though. Because as a band you can't expect fans not to get their hopes up when you announce a long, long, LONG awaited album is being released by the end of the year.

When this band plays the biggest show of their tour with a month and a half left before the end of the year, I can at least UNDERSTAND why people were getting their hopes up. :)

I understand it was a big show and everything. In fact, it shows that GNR can still be strong in areas. However, the MSG hope was just that: Another hope. A rumour started by people because it was a sold out show in NYC. People did the same before the May shows.

I think that the expectations are really high at this point because people feel that something has to come, when really, everything we've heard as rumours have been kept so secret or dismissed right away. Expectation rises from that, but it's still our problems if we take it too far.

All of us spend hours on-line watching the setlist hoping that GnR plays something different or announces a release date for CD. After the show ends and nothing happens some of us choose to voice our frustration, for which we get abused for. Here's what I don't get. Why do you guys who insult us for complaining about the setlist even bother to follow the show on-line anyway? Do you want GnR to play the same setlist every night? Do you want them to play the same setlist so you can insult all of us who complain? I just don't fucking get it?

All of us spend hours on-line watching the setlist hoping that GnR plays something different or announces a release date for CD. After the show ends and nothing happens some of us choose to voice our frustration, for which we get abused for. Here's what I don't get. Why do you guys who insult us for complaining about the setlist even bother to follow the show on-line anyway? Do you want GnR to play the same setlist every night? Do you want them to play the same setlist so you can insult all of us who complain? I just don't fucking get it?

Yes. Whining about whining is annoying.

Oh no, now I'm whining about the whining of the whining.

When will this vicious cycle ever end!!! :(

For the possibility of a anouncement or something similar

The thing is you dont criticize constructively, you bitch and question peoples decisions when you have absolutley no idea what is going on. How can you sing a song if you dont know the words man. For the record I try not to "insult" I just try to show how trivial it is to tell a rock band what songs to play. It is THEIR music, they can play whatever the fuck they want. Axl is Axl, and if you really want to "not get something" why would ANYONE expect anything rational from Axl Rose. He is great because he isnt rational, so that is the package. Rock and Roll is not structured, unless you are Metallica :P

Paradise City...........another missed opportunity down the drain, not even one small surprise. probably was a great show, but when your releasing a new album, that doesnt matter as much as new material/promotion.

Yeah, excuse what I'm about to say, but I really think they're rather stupid at times. The management of the band, anyway. They've blown solid opportunites to hype this to the public. Inland Invasion and MSG were the best chances they had. What's the point of waiting any longer? What are they trying to hide? Keeping it a secret won't accomplish anything. The general public aren't going to get a kick out of a surprise release - and an Internet fanbase of 30,000 isn't going to be enough to make this album a big success. They need to start promoting it now if they plan to have it out by the end of the year.

That's all my opinion, anyway. I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all but I honestly can't believe they didn't use this great opportunity to their advantage.

I don't know if its stupidity as much as it is Axl's neuroticism. He seems like he's simply afraid to put any new info out, and these long lulls of no news from them is basically the time he's taking to balls up and say something. Its like they're trying to do things without any common sense.

It was a great show. I did not have expectations of anything special happening. There is nothing like going to a sold out GNR show. I guess those who forsaw nothing special happening at MSG, were not unhappy with the show and set list. I wish they would have played Madagascar. I would love to see where that song is at.

How is it that he plays a longer set at West virginia?? This is MSG sold out and he doesn't even play DOTF and Crazy. I'm sure this was a great show but don't reward a half empty arena with a longer set over a sold out Madison Square Garden . he took the stage early tonight , no excuse for him not going all out and playing a 3 hour + set. It's a friday night for god sake. He could have had the press in the palm of his hand witha 3 hour blistering set . It's only 1:40 AM in NYC right now he could have still been playing . This could have been Great Western forum part 2 .

I'm insulted! lol not really but hey it wasn't a half empty arena by far in Huntington. So I guess I shall say in closing: Haha I got to hear Down on the Farm and You're Crazy hahahaha lol.

:rofl-lol: Guns N' f*cking Roses owned you :laugh:

Maybe Axl's waiting till he gets to Canada to change the setlist up and announce cd? He knows the Canadian fans have a lot of love for him and GnR.

Not possible, me and a few of my buddies are planning on getting drunk and overthrowing Canada this weekend. rock1

Maybe Axl's waiting till he gets to Canada to change the setlist up and announce cd? He knows the Canadian fans have a lot of love for him and GnR.

Not a fucking change for that. The European tour was a big succes for the band. How many times did they change the setlist and how many times did Axl made an anouncement about the album on that part of the C.D. tour??