lack of promotion

ohyesindeed

the band has been on tour for the last 6 months now. there have been more gnr shows this year than all post-UYI tour shows combined. the band sounds great and are kicking ass live. furthermore, an official, final version of "better" was played on the radio, and used in a harley ad for like a minute, and the website still mentions that the "better" ad will be back soon.

but, beyond all these things, i have to ask:

whether or not this record comes out, why are certain folks so worried about promotion?

i mean, if yer on this board or the other ones, yer prolly gonna buy the record, right? i mean, will you forget that it's out or just all the sudden say "guns n who?" when CD is in the bin? will the record sound worse if there isn't a 1000ft inflatable axl rose statue in times square?

i think not....

it's just odd to me: never in all my years of buying records by my favorite bands have i been worried about how said band is going to market to people that aren't me.....

granted, i usually know the release date months in advance. but still....

just wonderin'....

Edited by ohyesindeed

People are worried that the reason there's been no promotion is because there's nothing to fucking promote (ie no album this year). It's a fear that is well and truly justified.

Damn, you really hit the hammer on the head squarely and forcefully in very few words.

A8R

People are worried that the reason there's been no promotion is because there's nothing to fucking promote (ie no album this year). It's a fear that is well and truly justified.

Damn, you really hit the hammer on the head squarely and forcefully in very few words.

A8R

I totally agree. Once promotion starts then we will know that the album has been delivered to the label and will be released in the very near future. I don't think many people really believe that the album is going to drop with no promotion with 12 million plus on the line. So until we see the label starts to spend money on promotion we will remain skeptical about a release this year.