MSG Reviews

madison

Does anyone else feel that the old band performances sounded really empty and not powerful....listen to live era..some of the parts that should be powerful and energetic were pretty empty with only 2 guitarists. I think 3 guitarists make them sound so much fuller and more kick ass....06 MSG absolutely killed 02 MSG and there is nothing that Kaneda can say to change that....BUckethead was a circus act....and finck looked like a freak...the first time i heard buckethead was in GNR is said to myself "axl what r u doing????!!!"...but now this is the best gnr has ever sounded (except for sound issues with axl's microphone) IMO

and kaneda...fuck off

Yeah, the old band really sucked, didn't they? I think you hit the nail on the head that all the old shows sounded really empty and not powerful, yet our eyes and ears had deceived us for this long. Can't believe we all got off on it like we did as there was just that *something* missing that hasn't been found until here in late 2006--and damnit, its the 3rd guitarist(and 2nd drummer and 2nd keyboardist to be fair).

I dunno how the old band ever got the popularity they did with "only" 2 axe men. And just think how shitty and empty sounding a band like Rage Against the Machine was with those jokers only having freakin' 1 guitarist. What a sham.

Its 3 or nothin' baby!!!!

:rolleyes::tongue2:

Not to mention Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath. One guitarist?!? WTF is that shit!?

It's ridiculous that anyone even still considers those real rock bands given what's happened here. Those poor dopes in Portland are probably the only ones DESPERATE enough to settle for original GNR or some other lightweights like DP or Sabbath.

Only a "soft" market like Portland wouldn't demand at least 2 guitarists...AND a virtuoso. But those chumps' loss was Worcester's gain... :xmassrudolph:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the 2002 show, the tampa 2006 show and the msg and NJ shows.. i do like the band. The new songs can be laborous, but if i knew them better it would be better. I love madagascgar. I do miss Slash. Hey, i miss duff and izzy too. I think they should have a rolling setlist like the UYI tour. Buckethead is better than bumble, but i think "dont cry" is amazing.. and an homage to slash. Hey its not 1988 or 2002, and they will never be that again. I am a HUGE fan. So i am glad to see Axl, and i have said i think this is Axl solo , not gunsnroses. Robin is annoying to me, but a great player. We all have opinions, and its great to see all of them good or bad. I ve seen Guns 40 times, and believe me the original band had horrible nights. I mean they got slayed by metallica night after night. And im not a metallica fan. It just seems a little sad. The other guys just dont have the stage presence as Axl, and it shows. I wish them luck, I will buy the album and play it alot and get to know it. I hope it comes out soon, as we know us fans are the ones that have gotten shafted by this band over and over again. Guns N roses are one of the most successful bands of all time, and what would u think of Aerosmith with no original members but steve tyler? or led zeppelin ? Thats the level of this band, they are LEGENDS. Just call it "Hired Guns N' Roses" and dont hate on me. I love Axl, and these shows are fun. These statements come from a fan who loves this band like no other and want it to work so badly... But its hard for the new members to compare to Legends.

• 2 years later...

hey im new here i just joined, but i saw gnr twice 2002 n 2006, at msg, n the 2002 show was really good but i saw a huge difference in the 2006 show it was out of this world!!!! axl n the new guns blew me away from the start to the finish!!!! i really cant wait 2 see them tour the states again!!! im a life long gnr fan, chinese democracy is a work of art through axl's music u can feel his pain, anger, fustraition n regrets, he is truely a genouis n the king of hard rock in my eyes 4 ever!!!!