Does this band really need 3 guitar players????

rockstar81

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least 2 of the 3 guitars play almost

the same stuff in a song.

so its Double Rhythm part or Double Lead part.

That`s it 99% of the time.

The new songs are less guitar-based

then the old stuff so dont tell me they

need 3 guitars for The Blues or Madagascar.

When those songs are mainly build up on

the keyboard-sound.

the keyboard-sound.

You are a fool. Try this, go in the bootlet for UYI and you will see how slash and or izzy player two or three guitar parts for most of the songs. Thus when those songs were played live you were not hearing all the parts now this band can do that. Also you name two new songs. Listen to Better, TWAT, and even IRS you NEED THREE guitar players to pull those songs off and we have not even heard half the album yet. You dont think they are gonna have more duel lead guitar parts in the new songs like they do on TWAT. Give me a break. Axl with this version of gnr wanted to create a wall of sound. He he has done that. The band sounds amazing live with three guitar players

Edited by gnr-dave

Axls problem is he thinks to much...you dont need 3 guitar players and 2 keyboardists...just like in 1992 he didnt need female backup singers.....for gods sake just go out there with 1 drummer, 1 bass player, 1 singer, and 2 guitar players and kick ass liek they did in 1988..

the keyboard-sound.

You are a fool. Try this, go in the bootlet for UYI and you will see how slash and or izzy player two or three guitar parts for most of the songs. Thus when those songs were played live you were not hearing all the parts now this band can do that. Also you name two new songs. Listen to Better, TWAT, and even IRS you NEED THREE guitar players to pull those songs off and we have not even heard half the album yet. You dont think they are gonna have more duel lead guitar parts in the new songs like they do on TWAT. Give me a break. Axl with this version of gnr wanted to create a wall of sound. He he has done that. The band sounds amazing live with three guitar players

So you think in Better; IRS are more guitar parts than in the old songs. You are joking right.

Listen to the Music man. Better could be played on two guitars and it

would sound fine. But hey maybe you are the expert here.

But in the end it`s all a matter of taste. I really love the old stuff

played by the old band with just 2 guitars thats enough for me.

Even Maiden doesn`t need 3 guitars. They just keep Janick Gers

because he`s been loyal since he joined the band.

Edited by Axl2002

the keyboard-sound.

You are a fool. Try this, go in the bootlet for UYI and you will see how slash and or izzy player two or three guitar parts for most of the songs. Thus when those songs were played live you were not hearing all the parts now this band can do that.

whatever limitations the old band/songs had by only having two guitarists live, they more than made up for it with energy and stage precesnce. in all the origninal gn'r vids i have, i have never once thought there needed to be another guitarist to make it more like the records.

3 guitar heroes in one rock band is excessive, and no matter how amazing they all are, it's distracting.

furthermore, the fact that there is not one that is a clear cut replacement for slash is perplexing....it only creates fodder for the "they need 3 dudes to not be as good as slash" bullshit.

richard fortus could play all of slash's stuff in his sleep, and there's so much keyboard and drum machine stuff in the new songs that i just don't hear a need for 3 guitar players. there's nothing in "better" or any of the new songs that couldnt be done guitarwise w/two guitars with effects, or two guitars with keyboard.

Guest Duffan2

Well with some of the more "complex" stuff as far as the new material goes , then I think it's good to have 3 players now , and it gives the band a more "full" sound when playing some of the old stuff , It may not be nessecary but it's probably a cool thing to have going on.

Peace GnR Nation :shades:

Nope, three guitarists are only needed when they are dones like Iron maiden. Both leads are either harmonizing or one isn;t playing while the other is.

ByeBye Finck!

A8R

Iron Maiden have been at their best with 3 guitarists since the Powerslave days. It sounds to me like you're just one of those Janick haters.

Well technically, the band only needs one guitarist. But I like the band with 3. There is a lot more depth to the songs, little things that you don't notice right away.

Actually, Dizzy and Pittman usually synth in extra guitar. So yeah, it's necessary.

So there could potentially be 4 fucking guitars going? That's never necessary, I'd be down with Finck and Fortus, Bumble must go.

Why? Bumble's more talented than either of them. I think three guitars is fine, no one complains at maiden for a three guitar attack, i think it's effective as each adds their own dynamic to the sound. Guns only needs two guitars but three makes them shine.

I just hate Bumblefoots style, he's one of those mindless freakout shredder types and has no taste or ear for development or anything. I like Finck because he's got soul even though he fucks up sometimes, and Fortus is just a really solid rock gutiarist. I'd say those two guitarists, and get rid of Dizzy and keep Pitman, this band would be a lot better off.

Hmm Bumblefoot's saving grace is the diversity of styles he can play in. Shred isn't mindless, it's the most difficult style of lead guitar to master. People who call it "Mindless" are just jealous because they can't shred so they put it down. Ron's admired by Joe Satriani..... got to count for something.

I can play fast but I wouldn't say I can shred, but I could learn if I want. I just choose not to, because its lame and serves no purpose other than "hey, look what I can do!!!" Its not about how many notes you can play in a short amount of time, its what you're saying with the notes. I couldn't be less jealous of shred guitarists, honestly. In fact I kind of pity them, I feel like they're missing out on what music is about.

Yea, and i can shred and play fast and i can even play with blues influence, and thats the best. More guitar influence, the better you are overall. Yea, BBF shreds a lil to much for gnr, but still knowing how to do that really makes YOU a better guitar player. Im not saying im better or your bad, its just good to know. also, when you shred infront of someone, they get really impressed really fast (girls also :) )

no, they only need saul hudson :fuckyou:

dont start that shit up, SLASH+GnR today=NEVER, move on, i have to and its hard but just gotta.

Well with some of the more "complex" stuff as far as the new material goes , then I think it's good to have 3 players now , and it gives the band a more "full" sound when playing some of the old stuff , It may not be nessecary but it's probably a cool thing to have going on.

Peace GnR Nation :shades:

more complex? then slash? the only thing that gives it their complex sound is the fact they now use effects in most of their songs now, and with those effects they dont do much. Most of the songs dont need 3 guitars. With 1 keyboard, you really need one guitar, 2 at the most. If it takes 3 guitars to write a song because 2 or 1 cant do the job, then you got something wrong i think personally. Look at dimebag and pantera, all one guitar and yet their shits classic.

Keep them all. This is such a dumb thread. how can we say what they need when we haven't even heard all the new songs. Their might very well be some new songs that need 3 guitarist. Anyways they've been 3 since the start of this band and I think they should stick with it. The current line-up is great and beats the shit out of these new and the old songs. Why must we keep bitching about the line-up? Accept it is my advise. Stop compering to the original Gn'R and Slash and all that bullshit. This is a fresh band with a new star. Get over it.

nope so we should get rid of the wrost one for the worst always brings the band down...so lets say bye to Finck

They already did get rid of the worst one... Buckethead.

Thank goodness.

Oh, triplea said something about the new stuff needing three... this is very true... listen to TWAT... closely... definitely three guitars layered on that one (not counting bass, of course).

Edited by Matt13

nope so we should get rid of the wrost one for the worst always brings the band down...so lets say bye to Finck

Thank goodness.

Oh, triplea said something about the new stuff needing three... this is very true... listen to TWAT... closely... definitely three guitars layered on that one (not counting bass, of course).

Right on! With Bucketface gone this band has been able to be accepted is a fucking awesome rock band.

Two drummers would be awesome. Two vocalists as well. I like that band Raging Speedhorn, they have two vocalists. I think GNR need that sort of Mike Patton/Rapper guy to complimet Axl's high pitched screech. A rapper dude like Big Pun.

Thank goodness.

Right on! With Bucketface gone this band has been able to be accepted is a fucking awesome rock band.

my god you two are idiots. buckethead was the best thing to happen to NewGnR. too bad he left <_<