2006 OR 2002

Sjakalen

did they play down here on the farm at the 06 show?

No.

I was at both.

The quality of the show last night was much better than 2002. The songs were a little better, as they played the newer "leaks" "Better" and "IRS," as well as "Chinese Democracy" which I think was the highlight of the show... great fucking song.

The crowd seemed really into the classics, but not so much into the new stuff... it was the same in 2002. Axl does a poor job introducing the new material. Why? Because he doesn't introduce it. He goes right into it as if we're supposed to know it. Some of us do, but not everyone out of almost 20,000 people downloaded the "leaks." The reaction was almost as if the new songs were UYI filler tracks that people didn't remember.

I do feel kind of disappointed. NYC seems to be Axl's second home these days. He sold out four nights in the Hammerstein, and twice in a row at MSG over the last four years, and tends to treat it "business as usual." It shouldn't be. You have your largest crowd of the tour, it should be the most memorable show. I gather that Perfect Crime and Prostitute, and anything else on the phantom Del James setlist that was listed that has yet to be played will never be played... If you don't play them in front of your largest audience, when do you play them?

The sound was great last night, but the set in NJ was the same plus Rocket Queen...I never in a million years expected the set in NJ to be longer than that of MSG.

I don't mean to sound negative, but it just seems like a cash grab tour. The merchandise selection was half assed and overpriced, some of the stuff had outdated logos on it... get out of the past already.

I dont understand why peolpe care about Axl introducing new songs and mention the new album. Axl has already told us many times that Chinese Democracy will come out this year. Why should he play new songs when the record hasnt come out yet? Do you really want to hear the album before it comes out?We have already heard 4 or 5 songs from the album, and if you ask me thats alot.

Th real question is was Axl and the band good at stage?Did he sing well and

was the crowd satisfide?

Was at both too

Overall , I'm sure the sound quality was better this time, the band was a little more cohesive, but I left feeling more satisfied in 2002. That night was completely flawless, maybe because so much is expected

these days with the album on the horizon and all. Not sure. I remember being blown away in 02 - last night I wasn't. I left feeling it was a real good rock show, but I actually think the Hammerstein show was better.

Was at both too

Overall , I'm sure the sound quality was better this time, the band was a little more cohesive, but I left feeling more satisfied in 2002. That night was completely flawless, maybe because so much is expected

these days with the album on the horizon and all. Not sure. I remember being blown away in 02 - last night I wasn't. I left feeling it was a real good rock show, but I actually think the Hammerstein show was better.

i would agree with that statement, comparing it to the hammerstein shows.

I'm going to find it hard to believe that anybody at that show is going to be totally 'blown away' by anything. Think about it... most of you, who saw this show, saw them either in 2002 or at Hammerstein... or both! In 2002, most had waited a decade to see them again. OF COURSE you're going to be blown away. Hell, Axl could have showed up then, walked on stage, screamed: "Do you know where the fuck you are?!?!?!", walked off for the night, and any one of us would have been blown away.

Now, we've seen live recordings... heard live and demo leaks... have seen them once already this year (some of us)... and if we haven't done that, we've been following every show on the tour this year... the setlist...listening to boots... etc.

It's like watching the same football game over and over again. You know what's going to happen... you've already witnessed it one way or another via online or at other shows... nobody's going to be blown away unless they were locked in a padded room with no contact with the outside world for the last 15 years and just now let out to see their favorite band.

It's going to be hard to blow anybody away when you know the set list going in... that's why I hope CD doesn't leak before its release.

I'm going to find it hard to believe that anybody at that show is going to be totally 'blown away' by anything. Think about it... most of you, who saw this show, saw them either in 2002 or at Hammerstein... or both! In 2002, most had waited a decade to see them again. OF COURSE you're going to be blown away. Hell, Axl could have showed up then, walked on stage, screamed: "Do you know where the fuck you are?!?!?!", walked off for the night, and any one of us would have been blown away.

Now, we've seen live recordings... heard live and demo leaks... have seen them once already this year (some of us)... and if we haven't done that, we've been following every show on the tour this year... the setlist...listening to boots... etc.

It's like watching the same football game over and over again. You know what's going to happen... you've already witnessed it one way or another via online or at other shows... nobody's going to be blown away unless they were locked in a padded room with no contact with the outside world for the last 15 years and just now let out to see their favorite band.

It's going to be hard to blow anybody away when you know the set list going in... that's why I hope CD doesn't leak before its release.

I agree.

And in regards to CD leaking - I think it's inevitable, and part of the reason we have no release date or anything is because they don't want it to leak ahead of time. Tenacious D's new album was kept in top security because they were aware that the band's primary demographic are people who would easily download an album. Yet it already leaked last week.

I agree.

And in regards to CD leaking - I think it's inevitable, and part of the reason we have no release date or anything is because they don't want it to leak ahead of time. Tenacious D's new album was kept in top security because they were aware that the band's primary demographic are people who would easily download an album. Yet it already leaked last week.

I too think it's inevitable... it will probably surface a few days before it hits the shelves. I am sticking to my guns though... I've been calling that it will just drop one day with no promo for over a year. When Merck backed that up a bit with his statement: "you might just walk into your record store one day and find it on the shelves" (or something along those lines), I was thrilled. It is possible to manufacture and package them all under very tight security... and with little manpower. The only way it might leak in that event is if a UPS driver gets greedy in route to the record store the night before...haha.

If it does leak, I WILL try to not download or listen to it... and not visit these types of forums until it actually drops. I'll have Madison or UK shoot me a friendly email when it's released...lol.

I don't want to lose that 'blown away' factor that WE ALL DESERVE after waiting for so long.

Edited by Matt13

I agree.

I too think it's inevitable... it will probably surface a few days before it hits the shelves. I am sticking to my guns though... I've been calling that it will just drop one day with no promo for over a year. When Merck backed that up a bit with his statement: "you might just walk into your record store one day and find it on the shelves" (or something along those lines), I was thrilled. It is possible to manufacture and package them all under very tight security... and with little manpower. The only way it might leak in that event is if a UPS driver gets greedy in route to the record store the night before...haha.

If it does leak, I WILL try to not download or listen to it... and not visit these types of forums until it actually drops. I'll have Madison or UK shoot me a friendly email when it's released...lol.

I don't want to lose that 'blown away' factor that WE ALL DESERVE after waiting for so long.

If the album leaks, I may download it, but I won't listen to more than the stuff we've already heard. I would play The Blues, IRS, Better, TWAT, and whatever other songs we've heard might be on it. But I figure after waiting thirteen years for a new album, an extra week isn't going to hurt.

I'm saving the rest for when I bring home the album from the store, put it in my PC with 5.1 speakers, and blast the shit out of it at top volume. rock3 I can't wait for that day! To think that it may very well be happening in less than two months is amazing for me. I've been waiting so many years.

I'm just going to play it from beginning to end and do absolutely nothing but sit there listening to it, taking it all in. After it's finished, I'll play it again and probably wear out the CD completely in a matter of days. :)

If the album leaks, I may download it, but I won't listen to more than the stuff we've already heard. I would play The Blues, IRS, Better, TWAT, and whatever other songs we've heard might be on it. But I figure after waiting thirteen years for a new album, an extra week isn't going to hurt.

That's pretty much how I feel. The Blues, CD, and Madagascar in particular are the ones I really want to hear in their final forms, and I'd probably only listen to those and the leaks. The rest of the album, however, I'd wait to hear until I buy it for myself on Day One.

Ok do not get me wrong- 2002 was seriously awesome--- but 2006 fucking TOTALLY blew it out of the water..... I am not understanding how anyone could argue that it didn't offer as much as 02???? Axl is in way better shape... The band, well, as a band, are WAY more cohesive, there are more and newer songs performed, Axl looks and acts like a fucking blood thirsty animal at all times, more pyro... I mean, shit, I could honestly go on and on about why this tour is so amazing...

Someone said they got the feeling this was just a cash-grab tour? AGH! haha I mean- how could you say that when the band is clearly in tip-top form? If that were the case, you'd see sluggishness and boredom onstage... and obviously anyone who saw this show or at least Worcester knows that is NOT the case...

MSG 2006 changed my life forever... no bullshit being spoken here... It was the best show I've ever seen.

yeh i have on purpose refused to listen to twat or catcher just because of the fact i dont want to spoil democracy when it comes out. i have the leaks of better and irs and fucking love them as well as maddy, cd, the blues, silkworms and rhyad live which kick ass. i wont download any leaks if they come. ive heard enough, need to leave some surprises....