The Fall from Grace

little_witch

Most of you don't know me. It's been ages since I was here. For those of you who do remember me this will amaze you. I was an absolutely devoted and dedicated fan at the worst of times. When there had been nothing new in years....no music...no news...no sightings...only rumors. Still I was solidly behind Axl 120%. But....

I live in Maine. I never even CONSIDERED the Portland show. I knew it would never happen. And if by some strange quirk of faith it did it would just be the same old wash upped shit it has been for years. When things started happening a few years back I watched...and waited...with hope. And it became clear all too soon that nothing had really changed. Still a whole lot of talk with damned little action. And I lost faith. After years of devotion now I just don't care anymore. And I won't ever care again until I have something to show for it.

Don't misunderstand. I still don't think Axl owes me or anyone else anything. And I still know he has the most amazing voice I've ever heard. He is still a lyric genius. But I accept it is well and truly over. I sate my hunger with AFD and The Illusions....even TSI. And look to others...like Disturbed...to stir my blood with something new and fresh.

Chinese Democracy?....The Rebirth of GNR?....they're only urban legends...

It's really too bad too...it was a helluva ride while it lasted.

LW!!!

Wow - you're back.

For those who don't know -- LW has been on the forum (and the message board before the forum started) from day one. She and I helped build the forum membership from scratch, and you couldn't find a more dedicated and more diehard Axl fan that she was.

So, don't think for a second this is another "kaneda." It's not.

Great to see you back LW. But we're still all hoping that the album will come out before year end - as Axl promised.

Clearly - your post shows that the delays are causing Axl to lose some of his most avid diehards. Let's hope Axl keeps his promise about the album - for his sake.

Hey Little Witch there's a name I haven't seen in a long time , it's great to see ya again , seems like some of us "old-timers" are making a return not that things seems to be finally taking shape . I just hope that all the good news keeps contining .

Peace GnR Nation :shades:

Most of you don't know me. It's been ages since I was here. For those of you who do remember me this will amaze you. I was an absolutely devoted and dedicated fan at the worst of times. When there had been nothing new in years....no music...no news...no sightings...only rumors. Still I was solidly behind Axl 120%. But....

I live in Maine. I never even CONSIDERED the Portland show. I knew it would never happen. And if by some strange quirk of faith it did it would just be the same old wash upped shit it has been for years. When things started happening a few years back I watched...and waited...with hope. And it became clear all too soon that nothing had really changed. Still a whole lot of talk with damned little action. And I lost faith. After years of devotion now I just don't care anymore. And I won't ever care again until I have something to show for it.

Don't misunderstand. I still don't think Axl owes me or anyone else anything. And I still know he has the most amazing voice I've ever heard. He is still a lyric genius. But I accept it is well and truly over. I sate my hunger with AFD and The Illusions....even TSI. And look to others...like Disturbed...to stir my blood with something new and fresh.

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.

dissapear again

Gee...I'm wounded rofl

I really do understand the reaction. At one point mine would have been exactly the same.

At this point however I have no need to defend my attitude or my musical tastes.

And yeah...I likely will disappear again....from sheer lack of interest...and therein lies the problem.

Edited by little_witch

dissapear again

Gee...I'm wounded rofl

I really do understand the reaction. At one point mine would have been exactly the same.

At this point however I have no need to defend my attitude or my musical tastes.

And yeah...I likely will disappear again....from sheer like of interest...and therein lies the problem.

if you dont care...then leave

Great to see you Little Witch..

I always like to resurrect old threads and you name appears a lot on them...

Les't hope this year things change... Anyway I have to say thanks to Madison and everyone here....

This waiting game and joining this forum every day has been quite an interesting experience for me.

Glad to see some respect in this thread, but some of you guys really need to calm down.

Anyway, I'm pretty much in the same place as you are LW - I made it all the way from 2002 until September 2006 without losing the "GNR flame," until it became clear that nothing's really changed substantially in regards to CD.

Yeah, we have the demos, but those basically swapped out those songs that we originally thought would show up on CD aswell (Silkworms, Rhiad, Oh My God), so I'd say we're dead even with '02 in terms of how much we know.

Anyway, I hope that for both our sakes the GNR flame gets relit with an album release in the near future - Rock on. :krider:

Edited by EccoTides

Is anyone else getting tired of all the negative posts? I cant say it enough, it is just so damn boring. we should just open a new section for bitching and let them all just cry together. It is just so old now. I cant describe it any other way than to say I think most of us are just apathetic towards it. Go away please negative people.

P.S. This does not include constuctive criticism, that is at least useually original.

Guest Edward Rose

The current shows are great and worth every penny. But I do agree with you only in the sense that it'll take something revolutionary to launch them back into stadiums. But who says something like that isn't part of all the secrecy? :)

"What we've got here is, failure to communicate" - Cool Hand Luke

"There goes the challenger being chased by the blue blue meanies on wheels" - Vanishing Point

Hello L.W.

I have to say that I don't believe everything you said in your post.

If you didn't care anymore, then you wouldn't have come back here and posted.

Even if it was to say that GNR have "Fallen from grace".

You're just a frustrated fan.

It kind of sucks that the cancelled show is in your town though...

I agree with L.W ....Axl is leaving it all too late, wasted far too much time, should have released CD in 2002 and maybe be looking at working on a follow up to resurrect GNR, but it just hasnt worked out, ill still show interest once its released, of course, but im not going to be unrealistic and be all polyana about the current situation, sure its great they are touring, but all this re-arranging of the band every tour is not exactly ideal for any band, its not GNR, its the Axl Rose circus, ya know it'll be 2007 and will chinese democracy even come out next year?! ...from past experiance, probably not

Axl didnt promise anything. When he says shit it's his hope. He takes it as given that we know the industry is fucked. Like Merck leaves sanctuary so therefore CD postponed agains that kind of thing has been happening to this record for 5 years. Like Bucket leaves on cusp on Rio and release etc. etc.