Axl Rose Will Sing "Party" With Swing Cats- On Queen Tribute CD

Jackamo!

:confused: I was loooking around for a queen forum to find out what they're up to (a new cd or something with Paul Rodgers), and I came across this:

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumne...w.aspx?Q=911757

it says it's been JUST posted. I'm not registered so I can't reply, could someone reply and find out what if it's true or ask some questions to IWant2Live4Eva (the one who posted) or something.

here's the text:

"Rock n' Royalty: A Very Special Tribute To Queen" - Various Artists

Release Date: November 11th, 2007

1. "Keep Yourself Alive" - Ellis Island

2. "White Queen (As It Began)" - Cherie Currie

3. "Tie Your Mother Down" - Andrew Stockdale and Chris Ross

4. "Tenement Funster" - Robbie Williams

5. "Let Me Entertain You" - Fee Waybill

6. "Body Language" - Derek St. Holmes

7. "Seven Seas Of Rhye" - Jimmy Eat World

8. "Good Ol' Fashion Lover Boy" - Clay Aiken

9. "Calling All Girls" - Vince Neil

10. "You Don't Fool Me" - Flaming Lips

11. "Party" - performed by Swing Cats ft. W. Axl Rose

12. "Breakthru" - The Family

13. "Rock It (Prime Jive)" - Korey Clarke

14. "Sweet Lady" - Echocell

15. "Spread Your Wings" - Tim Ripper Owens

16. "We Will Rock You" - The Mighty Diamonds

17. "We Are The Champions" - Judy Mowatt

18. "Is This The World We Created....?" - Heaven 17 ft. Mike Love

19. "God Save The Queen" - Simon Kirke & Brian May

posted

12 November 2006 20:46

IWant2Live4Eva

I sure hope it's false.

I mean Axl is a queen fan, but this would be ridiculous.

I never heard the song "Party" before, and I have no clue who the Swing Cats are. :blink:

someone find out please! :book:

edit- I amazon.com'd it and it had no match, but it still could be true :confused:

Edited by Jackamo

The swing cats sound like a all-girls group. :scared:

Party is a drum-driven song from 1989's The Miracle CD. Great song - but not one I'd associate Axl singing!

This is a fantastic collection of songs, and not the usual ones you hear on classic rock radio.

I know who the Swing Cats are. To the rescue I guess. :D They're composed of Slim Jim Phantom and Lee Rocker; the drummer and slap bass player of the 1980's rockabilly band "Stray Cats". They always perform with different vocalists, so it'd make sense they'd be featured with someone. I hope to God this is true. "Stray Cats" are in my top 5 favorite bands ever bands list, and with Axl doing vocals...it'd be like eating a pizza covered in caramel syrup rock4

Edit: Although I see no mention of this on either of the bandmembers websites.

Edited by derekdbr

God Save the Queen? Isn't that a Sex Pistols song? even though it says Brian May, I'm gonna call fake(I know I still seem a n00b cause I never post, but I'm here every day reading all the rumours and all, I just don't feel like an important enough member to get involved too often) anyways, God Save the Queen doesn't seem like something Queen would do, after hearing both the Sex Pistols and Motorhead perform it, I gotta be lieve something is wrong, but, maybe its just me, correct me if I made a mistake, and bash me if you feel you must, cause I know this could make me seem like a total fool

God Save the Queen? Isn't that a Sex Pistols song? even though it says Brian May, I'm gonna call fake(I know I still seem a n00b cause I never post, but I'm here every day reading all the rumours and all, I just don't feel like an important enough member to get involved too often) anyways, God Save the Queen doesn't seem like something Queen would do, after hearing both the Sex Pistols and Motorhead perform it, I gotta be lieve something is wrong, but, maybe its just me, correct me if I made a mistake, and bash me if you feel you must, cause I know this could make me seem like a total fool

it's actually the british national anthem, may recorded it on quitar on one of the first records and queen used to close every concert with that one playing over the PA system.

queen & paul rodgers were in the studio a few weeks back and they have started recording a new record :) no word of pittman replacing john deacons bass parts yet though

This is a very, very stupid thing to say... How can you like, not know this?

This is a very, very stupid thing to say... How can you like, not know this?

sorry, I was never a big fan of the song, so, I pnly knew of those two versions and never looked into it, like I said, not knowing could make me look like a fool, and as it turns out, it does make me look like a fool, sorry guys

• 10 months later...