Guns N'Roses vs Mötley Crüe

dobadog

Friend of mine saw The Crue recently...said it was one of his fav concerts...Only thing

was, Vince Neil would get so out of breathe, he'd skip over 2-3 secs worth of lyrics while

he'd catch his breathe.

Sounds like people are just into the side show more than the actual talent of the band live.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunzen,

Mick Mars doesn't move much because he suffers from a rare, crippling bone disease. He has for many, many years. He's an awesome guitarist.

someone was complaining about his not moving the other night (i saw them with aerosmith) and i explained to him about the disease. he felt pretty bad afterwards.

Did you read my post, mars was fine during the Theatre of Pain Tour and Day on the Green, he just has no style.

Mick got diagnosed when he was in his teens and he joined the crue in 81 when he was 30. he was far from fine during the theatre of pain era. he said himself that when he tried to run around it caused him alot of pain and he just looked silly beacause of his restricted mobility. If you watch some of the 80s shows he looked real funny when he tries to run.

The people complaining of his current stagemovement should watch the resurection of mötley crue. After watching that you will think its miracle that he's still able to tour

Motley Crue are a good time party band, they've never tried to fool anyone into thinking that they are "deep". Nikki Sixx once said, "We're intellectuals on a crotch level." i see no need to rip them for being what they are. if you don't like them, that's fine. but they aren't trying to fool anyone. i think they write melodic songs with memorable hooks that are fun to listen to. they were the perfect band for the '80's. they were the soundtrack to my youth, and it was a fucking blast. maybe they don't translate well to other generations or to people from "across the pond", but i really could care less. they were great to me, and they still are.

"...sometimes i wanna kill, sometimes i wanna die, sometimes i wanna destroy, sometimes i wanna cry..."

that's how i look at music. you need it all. when it's time to party or to escape from the day to day BS, give me some Crue. "Too Fast For Love" and "Shout At The Devil" in particular.

rock1

Edited by artfromtex

Gunzen,

Mick Mars doesn't move much because he suffers from a rare, crippling bone disease. He has for many, many years. He's an awesome guitarist.

someone was complaining about his not moving the other night (i saw them with aerosmith) and i explained to him about the disease. he felt pretty bad afterwards.

Did you read my post, mars was fine during the Theatre of Pain Tour and Day on the Green, he just has no style.

Mick got diagnosed when he was in his teens and he joined the crue in 81 when he was 30. he was far from fine during the theatre of pain era. he said himself that when he tried to run around it caused him alot of pain and he just looked silly beacause of his restricted mobility. If you watch some of the 80s shows he looked real funny when he tries to run.

The people complaining of his current stagemovement should watch the resurection of mötley crue. After watching that you will think its miracle that he's still able to tour

No shit. Mick's a serious guitarist and is dedicated to his music. If Axl faced a fraction of the hardships Mick faces every time he takes the stage, we'd never see another Axl performance again.

Axl's a whiney spoiled diva. Mick's a guy who loves to play music and loves to reach his fans.

That was one of the most interesting things about the Dirt, the Crue autobiography. All he wanted to do was be able to bang his head and rock out like his fans were getting to do. Instead, because of his illness, he had to stand in one place all night, suffering through a great deal of pain.

Mick Mars is a rock hero.

If Axl fucking bugs you that much why do you bother coming here?