Nov 21

Budweiser

This album will not come out this yr. You are all being silly if you think it is possible for it to be released before 2007. This is 2002 all over again except this tour will not be cancelled. Why is it so hard to release a fuckin album? This isn't rocket science, no other band has trouble releasing new material. It's only 13 fuckin tracks , it's not like he is trying to release a 4 disc masterpiece. There is no excuse for the procrastination , unless of course there was never an album . Maybe the answer is right in the title( Chinese Democracy).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Edward Rose

I think you all just like hearing yourselves talk. Like chicks or somethin'

The answer to the question of this thread is in the last official statement by Merck. Which is right here.

Though a source told Rolling Stone that the album is due November 21st, Mercuriadis declined to confirm this. “I don’t know that we will announce a release date,” he says. “You just might walk into your record shop one Tuesday and find it there.”

I think you all just like hearing yourselves talk. Like chicks or somethin'

The answer to the question of this thread is in the last official statement by Merck. Which is right here.

Though a source told Rolling Stone that the album is due November 21st, Mercuriadis declined to confirm this. “I don’t know that we will announce a release date,” he says. “You just might walk into your record shop one Tuesday and find it there.”

THAT's the kind of post we need to see more of! rock1

Of couse Merck was joking about the stores thing.

This album will be out in 2007.

And you know this how? I love how everyone is an expert when really none of us have a clue. For all we know there is no album :confused:

Well, it's obvious that Merck was joking. He said that as a way of taking the piss out of us Internet users who constantly try to "guess" when it's coming out. He was kind of taking a little stab at us. It's impossible to release a major label album without prior scheduling. Geffen/Universal and the record stores would have to coordinate, you can't just say, "Hey, I think tomorrow we should drop it."

Of couse Merck was joking about the stores thing.

This album will be out in 2007.

And you know this how? I love how everyone is an expert when really none of us have a clue. For all we know there is no album :confused:

Well, it's obvious that Merck was joking. He said that as a way of taking the piss out of us Internet users who constantly try to "guess" when it's coming out. He was kind of taking a little stab at us. It's impossible to release a major label album without prior scheduling. Geffen/Universal and the record stores would have to coordinate, you can't just say, "Hey, I think tomorrow we should drop it."

once again, theres no proof that Merck was joking...

they're touring, so I assume the album is finished and "ready" to drop, then it makes sense to drop it before christmas late november to second week of december at the latest

if it's not finished they will end the tour and go back in the studio, drop it until may, do a summer tour in europe and again a fall tour in the states

on the other hand this is just bullshit and total speculation anyways. But with the tour and the website and so on, I still believe that they're planning to make it happen this year

Rational thoughts there. U´re right. The album must be finished by now and have probably been that for a while. My guess is a few months before the tour started at least the recorings were set and done. They started to plan the tour when they knew CD was finished, or was about to be finished. There´s no way Axl or Merck would say the album would be out this year if it isn´t finished.

EDIT* They also probably planned to have it mixed and mastered after the european tour, but not considered it not as somthing that "must be done". After 10 years in making u want to have a prober final mix. Just simply a + to their strategy if it was possible.

Pure speculations, I know. Is someone got any better?:D

EDIT2* I don´t think even the Gnr camp knows exactly the release date. Thats why we have "sources" in shape of random girls that state different release dates. Gnr have have booked different dates to secure a place in the rec stores. That´s also why it probably will be no promotion. U can´t promote a product if u don´t know when it´s avaible at the market. So I think that "one tuesday" thing is about that when it´s ready there´s no time to promotion to get it out this year. They simply skip the promotion to make what they promised true. To get CD out 2006.

Once again, pure speculations. But I think this explains a lot.

Edited by shootingstar

Guys.

Relax.

Merck wouldn't joke. He knows this is serious.

CD is a joke, they can't afford to fuck up this time.

We have all these demos, amazing live performances, Axl and the band seem to be in a great mood.

And we had a peak at their setlist and the names of two new songs.

They're teasing us.

It's working.

What I know is that it is not impossible for a CD to come out with next to no notice. Does it mean it will... NO. I bleive it will infact I think GnR will play the entire albulm on Oct 21st in St Johns NB. Why because it is fucking diffrerent and noone would ever think of doing something like that in a city most people have not herd of.

Guest Edward Rose

It's my oppinion that Axl had a special contract with Geffen Records, which carried over after the buy-out, that allows him to do what ever he wants. There's a company called Fed-Ex. And if you don't care about the profits from the first shipment, as he doesn't seem to care to promote the tour too much, you can send that first shipment to every record store on any Particular Monday to arrive on Tuesday.

Again, if he is PERSONALLY willing to sacrifice HIS profits on the first shipment, he could do this.

It's my oppinion that Axl had a special contract with Geffen Records, which carried over after the buy-out, that allows him to do what ever he wants. There's a company called Fed-Ex. And if you don't care about the profits from the first shipment, as he doesn't seem to care to promote the tour too much, you can send that first shipment to every record store on any Particular Monday to arrive on Tuesday.

Again, if he is PERSONALLY willing to sacrifice HIS profits on the first shipment, he could do this.

If axl cared about $$ he wouldve release chinese democracy awhile ago.. remember, he was fudning the recording on it for the past few years on his own $$

so obviosly hell do whatever he wants

Guest Edward Rose
If axl cared about $$ he wouldve release chinese democracy awhile ago.. remember, he was fudning the recording on it for the past few years on his own $$

so obviosly hell do whatever he wants

Exactly. And what ever weird stuff he's doing, is being done for the fans. They just don't get it yet cuz they don't have the new album yet.

Merck was sarcastic I think.

Anyway, remember "2005 Will Be the Year Of Guns N' Roses" whenever you think of Merck's word.

The album will never come out, 9 years later, you will all be still waiting, and Axl will release a press release saying you were all AXL'D, and he'll have a reality show where he goes around playing pranks on fans who want an album.

HAHAHA god Jackamo... can't believe you actually got me to laugh, laugh good! mostly because of the AXL'D mark, gotta love that

I believe the album will come out this year too. There's been way too much hype and leniency already towards things like leaks, etc.

They have the songs out there on tour, well a couple, and this is it.

Does anyone know whatever happened to the radio station that played Better? I mean, Piazza got in trouble years back, why are they letting people play it now?

2006 is it.

I still believe it will be released the 21st. Reason 1: The HD commercial debuts Sunday during the NASCAR race, the last of the season by the way. Reason 2: Mondays radio stations get singles. Reason 3: the 21st to the 23rd is the only time during the tour the band gets a 3 day break. which happens to start on a Tuesday. Reason 4: Universal delays the new Jay-z CD by 2 weeks. They are going to do an add blitz starting Sunday, stores will recieve copies on Monday for sale at midnight. This is what i think is going to happen, and to the contrary Merck did not deny the 21st as the date. A massive 3 day add blitz makes total sense when you think about it. At the very least the 28th for CD, but i'm betting the 21st, it makes more sense.

I still believe it will be released the 21st. Reason 1: The HD commercial debuts Sunday during the NASCAR race, the last of the season by the way. Reason 2: Mondays radio stations get singles. Reason 3: the 21st to the 23rd is the only time during the tour the band gets a 3 day break. which happens to start on a Tuesday. Reason 4: Universal delays the new Jay-z CD by 2 weeks. They are going to do an add blitz starting Sunday, stores will recieve copies on Monday for sale at midnight. This is what i think is going to happen, and to the contrary Merck did not deny the 21st as the date. A massive 3 day add blitz makes total sense when you think about it. At the very least the 28th for CD, but i'm betting the 21st, it makes more sense.

exactly.. sure Jarmo denied the 21st date, but the stones article merck wouldnt confirm or deny the date...

the earliest a store can do now, for planograms and shelf space and coop marketing in papers.... is Dec. 5th 2006.... Universal will want a TV and paper mkt campaign.... if it was in the works, you would know because deadline in a paper is usually about 4 days.... and TV, more than a week.... We would have leaks from these people... and I can tell you where I work (www.archambault.ca) , no Chinese Democracy in the database... ans the repd are tentively talking about Dec. 5th.... You need 2-3 weeks for databse entry, ordering, merchandising.....

It's too late for November now....