HMV gets shipment of album titled "Blue Tree's and Greem Grass"

LookingGlass

Hello, I am deputy manager of HMV Guernsey, 2 hours ago I recieved a phone call from the manager (also a big GNR fan) telling me that we will be recieving a shipment of an album allegedly titled "Blue Tree's and Greem Grass" by a band called Far Downs on Wednesday afternoon for a November 20th release. (More on this later)

This is a fairly large shipment we are recieving, ie it is the identical size shipment of the recent Girls Aloud Greatest Hits (sales are relative across seas folks, not to scare American fans). Not out of the ordinairy, but I know, as well as the next music fan does that no such band exists.

We believe that this is in fact Chinese Democracy and that the title is simply a smoke screen, our distributor can tell us no information other than the title and the pallets (containing both advertising stuff as well as the CD) cannot be opened until November 19th.

So if I'm wrong shoot me, if I'm right praise be to HMV.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I am deputy manager of HMV Guernsey, 2 hours ago I recieved a phone call from the manager (also a big GNR fan) telling me that we will be recieving a shipment of an album allegedly titled "Blue Tree's and Greem Grass" by a band called Far Downs on Wednesday afternoon for a November 20th release. (More on this later)

This is a fairly large shipment we are recieving, ie it is the identical size shipment of the recent Girls Aloud Greatest Hits (sales are relative across seas folks, not to scare American fans). Not out of the ordinairy, but I know, as well as the next music fan does that no such band exists.

We believe that this is in fact Chinese Democracy and that the title is simply a smoke screen, our distributor can tell us no information other than the title and the pallets (containing both advertising stuff as well as the CD) cannot be opened until November 19th.

sounds interesting

wow, i hope this isn't another bullshitter.

A8R

Guest Edward Rose

Well if you're right, that would be ANOTHER way to do it. And I'd be the first to say that my idea below was wrong but close...

There's a company called Fed-Ex. And if you don't care about the profits from the first shipment, as he doesn't seem to care to promote the tour too much, you can send that first shipment to every record store on any Particular Monday to arrive on Tuesday.

Guest Edward Rose
interesting... very interesting. thats all im gonna say.

edit: googled it, and Far Downs is from the Hobbit, fyi.

I think the poster's point is that there are too many CD's in the shipment to JUST be the Hobit thing, and more closely match the amopunt of CD's expected from The Stones, Guns, etc., etc.

I think the poster's point is that there are too many CD's in the shipment to JUST be the Hobit thing, and more closely match the amopunt of CD's expected from The Stones, Guns, etc., etc.

nono, i was just saying that, you know, it very well could be an alias name for GNR that they just picked up from the Hobbit, nothing much to it. i was just adding in a little bit of 'did you know' info.

Guest Edward Rose

nono, i was just saying that, you know, it very well could be an alias name for GNR that they just picked up from the Hobbit, nothing much to it. i was just adding in a little bit of 'did you know' info.

Oh I see. I don't know much about the hobbit, and didn't know if they really were expecting a music release.

However, the hobbit is essentially "Led Zeppelin," and a deep story. So this COULD be expected as a good choice for a fake name by Guns management.

i searched myspace for a band called Far Downs, to no result, and you would think they would at least have a page there, like every other tiny band... So if this guy isnt BSing it could be the real deal. Anyone at other stores have the same album on their lists?

I'd open it before the 19th anyway. What's the worst that can happen, you get a job at another record store? Fuck, I'm young, I'd find another job. I'd go for it. (Assuming you don't care about your job much).

ya, but if you open it before the 19th, who knows mercks probably in the box. prob jump out and punch him..

could it be just because its near christmas?! ..maybe the shipments are increased for the festive season, bah who knows, im not taking this too seriously, but who knows

but the thing is, google the band name, and the album name. nothing comes up. (i was guessing he possibly accidently wrote "Greem" when he meant "Green") i googled "Blue Tree's and Greem Grass", "Blue Tree and Greem Grass", "Blue Trees and Greem Grass", and all of the preceding with Green instead of Greem also, and nothing came up, at all.

Edited by user FKA webmoster