HMV gets shipment of album titled "Blue Tree's and Greem Grass"

LookingGlass

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

someone over at HTGTH said that the UYI albums were shipped under different names. is this true?

Yes.

And when Peter Jackson's KING KONG was shipped to theaters, they gave it some corny family-movie title so that no one would be tempted to open it up and watch it ahead of time or leak prints to people.

what were the aliases to the UYI albums?

someone over at HTGTH said that the UYI albums were shipped under different names. is this true?

Yes.

And when Peter Jackson's KING KONG was shipped to theaters, they gave it some corny family-movie title so that no one would be tempted to open it up and watch it ahead of time or leak prints to people.

what were the aliases to the UYI albums?

I honestly don't remember off hand. Sorry.

Most worryingly if it is true the album will sell all of 20 copies in the first day or two.

They are heading for a failure anyway as people write them off as not being GNR.

I can't see how this secrecy strategy will win anyone bar the overly curious over.

Why not just stick an official video of the single on youtube.com? A far more modern strategy that would reach a far wider audience.

Hell, just give me the job already.

please give the guys a chance. if they are trying to make this a surprise just let them.. lets all act surprised whenever it hits the shelves ok...

they're not making it a surprise to be nice to us they're making it a surprise so they don't lose money and sales through leaks

BlueTreesandGreemGrass is an anagram for gums n roses :huh:

it can be an anagram ot anything

Main Entry: 1an·a·gram

Pronunciation: 'a-n&-"gram

Function: noun

Etymology: probably from Middle French anagramme, from New Latin anagrammat-, anagramma, modification of Greek anagrammatismos, from anagrammatizein to transpose letters, from ana- + grammat-, gramma letter -- more at GRAM

1 : a word or phrase made by transposing the letters of another word or phrase

2 plural but singular in construction : a game in which words are formed by rearranging the letters of other words or by arranging letters taken (as from a stock of cards or blocks) at random

- an·a·gram·mat·ic /"a-n&-gr&-'ma-tik/ also an·a·gram·mat·i·cal /-ti-k&l/ adjective

- an·a·gram·mat·i·cal·ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

Most worryingly if it is true the album will sell all of 20 copies in the first day or two.

They are heading for a failure anyway as people write them off as not being GNR.

I can't see how this secrecy strategy will win anyone bar the overly curious over.

Why not just stick an official video of the single on youtube.com? A far more modern strategy that would reach a far wider audience.

Hell, just give me the job already.

How the hell would it only sell 20 copies? You do realise that the packaging itself would say GNR, right?

Blue Trees and Green Grass by Far Downs

THE BLUES

Take me DOWN to the paradise city where the GRASS is GREEN and the girls are pretty

So FAR away

Hmm...

What's the trees mean then?

Maybe like TRUNKS. Cos he was on the Eddie Trunk show which kind of announced the tour and shit. Could be this!!???

Call me stupid but I'm gettin fuckin pumped right here!!!!!!1

please give the guys a chance. if they are trying to make this a surprise just let them.. lets all act surprised whenever it hits the shelves ok...

they're not making it a surprise to be nice to us they're making it a surprise so they don't lose money and sales through leaks

it will leak anyway. even if its one day before, on day later, no matter when its released or how its released, one day or another it will be at mininova or torrentspy or limewire or whatever it is...

This is not a release strategy -- it's about stopping the album from leaking before release day. Albums are even given fake names when they're being mastered/pressed -- oftentimes if you put a record in your computer's CD player, it won't say "Contraband", for example -- it'll say "Disco Nation" or something else -- something that would make the folks working at the CD manufacturing plant go, "eh" when they have a chance to swipe one.

The biggest thing that could hurt this record is leaking beforehand -- the biggest thing it has on its side is anticipation -- and shipping something under a false name like this...

Well damn. That's just s.o.p. for the industry. Which is why this is very, VERY intriguing news.

This is not a release strategy -- it's about stopping the album from leaking before release day. Albums are even given fake names when they're being mastered/pressed -- oftentimes if you put a record in your computer's CD player, it won't say "Contraband", for example -- it'll say "Disco Nation" or something else -- something that would make the folks working at the CD manufacturing plant go, "eh" when they have a chance to swipe one.

The biggest thing that could hurt this record is leaking beforehand -- the biggest thing it has on its side is anticipation -- and shipping something under a false name like this...

Well damn. That's just s.o.p. for the industry. Which is why this is very, VERY intriguing news.

Finally...this better be it!

btw guernsey is an island near the channel tunnel and they release cds on monday....so possible

Another interesting *thought* that just struck me was that this is *quite* geographically near to a location in Southern England where it has been claimed that demo CDs for CD are kept. Some of the contents for these two CDs is also known/rumoured.

There you go again. :rolleyes:

:fuckyou:

I said this was "claimed" and a "rumour". FWIW the "track listing" (note the speech marks :)) for this is "claimed" to be:

Disc 1:

-"TWAT"

-"Rhiad"

-"Catcher"

-another known song

Disc 2:

-4 new songs; one of which involves the word "gun" a lot but is not "CITR"

:)