TALKING METAL EPISODE 109 GUNS N' ROSES SUMMIT:

thomase

In this special episode, titled "Guns N' Roses Summit: Countdown to Chinese Democracy Part IV," hosts Mark Strigl and John Ostronomy are joined by Sebastian Bach guitarist Johnny Chromatic, Here Today Gone To Hell! webmaster Jarmo Luukkonen, and numerous hardcore Guns N' Roses fans including Martin Hughes of Bristol, U.K.'s Red Top Matches and Total Guitar Magazine. Topics include the GN'R Madison Square Garden concert post show report, Axl Rose, the Sebastian Bach band, Anthrax, Retox, and Ace Frehley. Also included is a short testimonial by Guns N' Roses drummer Frank Ferrer.

Click here to view the pre and post party photo gallery.

mp3

Edited by thomase

Just so you know - that's the wrong Red Top Matches link!

it on the talking metal website

I know, I'm gonna correct them now! I should know, it's my fuckin band.

your kidding right

???????? Uh, dude, most people on here know that's my band. - the correct MySpace is www.myspace.com/redtopmatchesmusic

Jarmo takes a lot of shit around here.

But let's all get real. If you were in his spot and given whatever access is given, you'd kiss their asses too.

Let's just say what it is.

Fuck no, I wouldn't. I don't need some personal validation from Merck, the gypsy bandit who made off with all Axl's publishing rights by preying on him when he was weak.

Fuck that guy. elsewhere and MyGnR have one thing in common... integrity. We'd never sell our readers out to get a little pat on the head from Merck.

Merck should listen to the critical fans. Their comments have mirrored what mainstream press has said in their reviews. He thinks he's insulated Axl from negativity. Really, he's insulated him from reality. At the end of the day, if Axl has another melt down and doesn't release the album, who will be to blame? I say Merck and all the Axl yes men who said whatever they needed to say to get their paychecks.

That's a lot easier stance to take when you are on the outside looking in.

You've also clearly pretty much never moderated a message board with any kind of real traffic.

Just sayin'.

The ass kissers are getting this band nowhere. Merck included. Axl needs a manager that will kick him in the ass from time to time, and tell him when he's doing something stupid or unproductive. Merck is a "yes man" who keeps yessing Axl to death, which is why there has been no progress with this band.

I love the band, and I love Axl... someone needs to pull him aside and tell him- its time. Release the fucking record, now.

The ass kissers are getting this band nowhere. Merck included. Axl needs a manager that will kick him in the ass from time to time, and tell him when he's doing something stupid or unproductive. Merck is a "yes man" who keeps yessing Axl to death, which is why there has been no progress with this band.

I love the band, and I love Axl... someone needs to pull him aside and tell him- its time. Release the fucking record, now.

All true.

But this is kind of like arguing against free agency in sports or the increased price of movie tickets.

Shake your first at the sky all you like, its not changing. Work with what you got.

Bottom line is this: You're on a US tour where a shockingly large percentage of the crowd still thinks Slash is in the band. Yes, I have been to six shows this year. Four Hammerstein, Continental, and MSG. There are a lot of people who have no idea who the new guys are. The excitement kind of goes downhill after they rip through jungle, easy, brownstone, kohd, live and let die, and sweet child... its been the same at almost every show- the crowd is really worked up for the classics, and completely dies for "The Blues"... and never really regains the energy until Paradise City.

It doesn't really help matters that Axl performs these new songs, and never even introduces them to the crowd, as if every fan in the crowd is someone from a message board downloading bootlegs and "leaks"...

What I want is the new album out so maybe more people will be familiar with the new material, and heck, maybe get some of the balding 40-50 year old pot smoking metal heads out of the crowd, and introduce a newer audience.

I have said it all along- I want this band to succeed. What the band has been doing for the past 6 years has not been the formula for success. Two "Chinese Democracy" world tours in support of no "Chinese Democracy"...

Dude... Jarmo banned me at hitler today gone to hell for PREDICTING A SET LIST for the Jacksonville show... the guy is a fucking Nazi.

dude i don't want this thread get lock cause all you jackasses r bashing jarmo

Dude i don't see a mod tag on your profile ;)

trust me this thread will get lock cause you guys r bashing jarmo and can it please stop

Dude... Jarmo banned me at hitler today gone to hell for PREDICTING A SET LIST for the Jacksonville show... the guy is a fucking Nazi.

dude i don't want this thread get lock cause all you jackasses r bashing jarmo

Dude i don't see a mod tag on your profile ;)

No, but you can see one in mine - and the request remains the same ;)

Come on GOAB, we've been through this with you before mate, no personal comments towards Jarmo please.

Fair enough mate, ive made my feelings clear and i will refrain from doing it in the future ;)