Surprise Release Strategy is an Insult

milkboy

Guest Edward Rose

I see this thread has been taken over by the idiots again.

Sorry, i'm an idiot because i don't agree with your oppinion?? Next time keep your ideas for your self and shuff 'm up your ass if you can't stand it when people have their own oppinions about a subject.

It's all good. I don't think milkboy was talking about you droezle.

Edited by Edward Rose

Um, insult or no insult, do you want the effin record to come out now as a surprise or months from now not as a surprise?

mmmmthought so...

How many recordstores are gonna start to promote an album today when it's gonna be released next week?? Don't get me wrong,i also want and need this album very hard but i'm getting a bit tired of all the rumours,news and promises. It's time that they (G N' R,management,...) start to act instead of promise us an empty balloon.

I see this thread has been taken over by the idiots again.

Sorry, i'm an idiot because i don't agree with your oppinion?? Next time keep your ideas for your self and shuff 'm up your ass if you can't stand it when people have their own oppinions about a subject.

It's all good. I don't think milkboy was talking about you droezle.

Ok,no problem. It just felt like.

Guest Edward Rose

Um, insult or no insult, do you want the effin record to come out now as a surprise or months from now not as a surprise?

mmmmthought so...

How many recordstores are gonna start to promote an album today when it's gonna be released next week?? Don't get me wrong,i also want and need this album very hard but i'm getting a bit tired of all the rumours,news and promises. It's time that they (G N' R,management,...) start to act instead of promise us an empty balloon.

I still think it would be cool if WE'RE the only ones to get the first copies because we know to look out for it. (Cause Merck said so)

And what if the first copies have bonus material inside that won't be in copies that FOLLOW? We would be the only ones to get it.

mmmmthought so...

I still think it would be cool if WE'RE the only ones to get the first copies because we know to look out for it. (Cause Merck said so)

And what if the first copies have bonus material inside that won't be in copies that FOLLOW? We would be the only ones to get it.

And what if the European copies has 16 tracks + 14 track bonus dvd and the North American copies has 14 tracks without bonus dvd?? That would be fucking cool. European fans have been very loyal to the band last summer.

Guest Edward Rose
And what if the European copies has 16 tracks + 14 track bonus dvd and the North American copies has 14 tracks without bonus dvd?? That would be fucking cool. European fans have been very loyal to the band last summer.

Whatever happens, it won't be a typical release. Think about UYI. From looking at AFD, no one would have expected what UYI was.

I think they NEED to skip the promotion to get it out this year.

This is simply the case:

1. CD was recorded and ready for mixing and mastering BEFORE the european tour.

2. GnR camp planned to get it done for release before or during the American tour, but told the mixer not to rush, but do it properlty. Setting 10 years of work in stone need consideration, and to get it out quickly is less important then get a proper final product.

3. Mr mixer needed more time and couldn´t give straight answer when he will be/was done.

4. GnR camp realized that they(Axl) promised us CD this year. With out a specific date they couldn´t start planning for an ordinary promotion strategy, like booking commercial time in TV etc. etc.

U can´t simply promote a product u don´t even know when it´s going to be able on the market.

5. They checked with Mr. Mixer that he would be able to get it done with enough time to get it ready for the record stores. Promotion was skipped in this calculation.. Mr. Mixer could do it in time to get it out this year.

6. GnR decides to get it out this year even if it cause problems to do a proper or non pre-promotion

7. Mercks "tuesday" statement, to confirm for the fans it will be out this year.

Edited by shootingstar

Guest Edward Rose
I think they NEED to skip the promotion to get it out this year.

This is simply the case:

1. CD was recorded and ready for mixing and mastering BEFORE the european tour.

2. GnR camp planned to get it done for release before or during the American tour, but told the mixer not to rush, but do it properlty. Setting 10 years of work in stone need consideration, and to get it out quickly is less important then get a proper final product.

3. Mr mixer needed more time and couldn´t give straight answer when he will be/was done.

4. GnR camp realized that they(Axl) promised us CD this year. With out a specific date they couldn´t start planning for an ordinary promotion strategy, like booking commercial time in TV etc. etc.

U can´t simply promote a product u don´t even know when it´s going to be able on the market.

5. They checked with Mr. Mixer that he would be able to get it done with enough time to get it ready for the record stores. Promotion was skipped in this calculation.. Mr. Mixer could do it in time to get it out this year.

6. GnR decides to get it out this year even if it cause problems to do a proper or non pre-promotion

7. Mercks "tuesday" statement, to confirm for the fans it will be out this year.

Most of your concerns have already been addressed here.

They went BACK into the studio in Septemeber.

Recording and mixing is much faster than you think.

Don't worry :)

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'm beyond frustrated with all this waiting. Honestly think about how much time and energy you've put towards wanting this album. Years and years have passed and thousands of die-hards have stayed loyal to Axl and the new band by never giving up hope. The thing that Axl does not understand is that thousands who read these boards are ones who rarely criticize or attempt to flame the band for bad setlists. Most people on here are huge fans who use these boards to get information about a band which tries its hardest to keep everything secret.

Now, after all of these years, all of the silence, all of the "one-step forward, two steps backward" incidents that have occured, we have been told that an album will be delivered to us this year. Praise God - this is what we've been waiting for - now just tell us when - just give us a date. It could have been an Oct date, a Nov date, or a Dec date. We just want something written in stone to look forward to. We've waited long enough. We deserve to know when.

Nope. Axl won't do that for his loyal, long-suffering fans who will be the first to buy his masterpiece by the way. We don't need a catchy single, or a great concert to coerce us into rushing to the store. We'll be there first thing in the morning probably buying more than one copy.

Instead, Axl fucks with us one more time. No release date? It will just be there one Tuesday? This is being spun by the Axelites as "brillant marketing, genius, no one's ever done this before" You know what the real reason is - Axl doesn't want to commit to a certain date so he simply keeps everything secret so when he fails to deliver, he hasn't really lied. Problem is...time's running out. It's almost Thanksgiving and we still know nothing.

It sucks being a fan of something or someone who continually lets you down and pisses you off.

Live your life.

mmmmthought so...

Wouldn't it be cool if Axl got a hot chick to personally deliver the cd to forum members so that she can give us a handjob while we listen to it?

BTW, you still haven't looked up the word "sarcasm" in the dictionary. :rolleyes:

I think the CD release is another form of the way the live show unfolds... you're standing there, getting more anxious by the minute... thinking "shit, if they haven't gone on yet, they may never go on"... no matter how logical it is beforehand that, "OK, they're going to go on late," you still get paranoid at the show. maybe angry. actually, a little angry. "Should I go get another drink, or do I stick around because I got a sweet spot to watch the show from?"

then.... bam! the lights are out and you hear WTTJ, and not only is all forgiven, but the release of all that built up anxiety gets you pumped in way you wouldn't had been if you weren't getting pissed off with every passing minute.

i was in vegas in 2000/2001... got into HOB about 15 minutes into 2001, got pretty angry myself waiting for over 3 HOURS. the cartoon they played was hilarious, and they said "sorry, but we'll see you next time" or something.

it's like Andy Kaufman or something. a bizarre form of showmanship that usually works.

I think Axl is rocking in a dark corner while clutching CD in his hand and sobbing. :unsure:

Maybe he will never be ready to release new music, he just wants to tour and play shows so he pretends like there's an album coming so he can have a "CD tour".

Seriously though I have a question- has any band ever had a tour promoting a CD that hasn't come out yet? Seems backwards.

Complaining forced Axl to lose weight, ditch the gangsta rap look and change up his set list.

Of course complaining helps.

He never lost weight since 2002. He just started wearing clothing that won't allow cameras to catch "bad angles."

Don't you and Jackamo have a video game to play or someting?

We have three video games to play. Pac Man, Pong and Space Invaders.

But Axl has lost weight. If you can't tell, then you need some corrective eyewear. Are you going to tell me his costume change is an optical illusion too? He's still wearing jerseys and jogging pants, right? You just can't tell from the angle of the photographs?

Axl and management read these boards obsessively. It's hard for them to admit fans are right - or more precisely, that Axl could be wrong - but they know what we say is important.

The bold part is the idiot part he was referring too.

Do you realy think that Axl has doing those things because some people (on the net) asked for it?? :lol: ...

Yes, definitely. If you don't think the GNR camp reads and pays attention to what fans say on the internet, think again. As I've said before - Anybody who thinks the changes are all just one big coincidence clearly hasn't a clue how the music business works. The internet is the greatest tool for a musician and his management team to get feedback from the diehard fan base.

And when those fans overwhelmingly express disappointment with a song he plays (such as Rhiad) or the clothes he's wearing (everything from the oversized jerseys to the grandpa track suit he was wearing at an airport) or even how T-shirts are sold at a concert - they listen. This isn't to say they'll change everything that fans request -- but the input (especially if it comes from a large majority of fans on a forum) is definitely taken into consideration and addressed. No doubt about it.

And the recent statement from Del and from Merck/Axl show they're particularly sensitive to fans who are negative.

Promotion doesn't matter. ...

If you want the album to succeed from a sales point of view - it's very important. Promotion is a must.

It's just a record there's tons of them in the shop already. Just go get some Hanoi Rocks albums and Snoop Dogg record and a Ministry record. Play them all at once and you'll get a noise that sounds similiar to Chinese D. There's a woman in the upstairs apartment screaming head off. I think she might jump. I hope so.

what would be the difference if they inform a release date?????

huh???? it will be out in any way... i mean cum on...

You could say that for the opposite reason too. Why not give out a release date, its gonna be out anyway. Its just more ass-covering from Axl, its beyond ridiculous at this point. I don't think its even possible for this album to be good enough to justify the way they've handled it for the last however many fuckin years.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'm beyond frustrated with all this waiting. Honestly think about how much time and energy you've put towards wanting this album. Years and years have passed and thousands of die-hards have stayed loyal to Axl and the new band by never giving up hope. The thing that Axl does not understand is that thousands who read these boards are ones who rarely criticize or attempt to flame the band for bad setlists. Most people on here are huge fans who use these boards to get information about a band which tries its hardest to keep everything secret.

Now, after all of these years, all of the silence, all of the "one-step forward, two steps backward" incidents that have occured, we have been told that an album will be delivered to us this year. Praise God - this is what we've been waiting for - now just tell us when - just give us a date. It could have been an Oct date, a Nov date, or a Dec date. We just want something written in stone to look forward to. We've waited long enough. We deserve to know when.

Nope. Axl won't do that for his loyal, long-suffering fans who will be the first to buy his masterpiece by the way. We don't need a catchy single, or a great concert to coerce us into rushing to the store. We'll be there first thing in the morning probably buying more than one copy.

Instead, Axl fucks with us one more time. No release date? It will just be there one Tuesday? This is being spun by the Axelites as "brillant marketing, genius, no one's ever done this before" You know what the real reason is - Axl doesn't want to commit to a certain date so he simply keeps everything secret so when he fails to deliver, he hasn't really lied. Problem is...time's running out. It's almost Thanksgiving and we still know nothing.

It sucks being a fan of something or someone who continually lets you down and pisses you off.

Live your life.

You're so lame. Defending Axl with his own stupid statements.

Do you realy think that Axl has doing those things because some people (on the net) asked for it?? :lol: ...

Yes, definitely. If you don't think the GNR camp reads and pays attention to what fans say on the internet, think again.

That's not what i said or mented. They probably keep an eye on the net to read the oppinions from the fans but i don't think they do what the fans tell them to do. Didn't Axl once told at a show that the internet is 1 big garbagecan?? So why would he be influancebale by the net when he has a lack of it.

Yes, definitely. If you don't think the GNR camp reads and pays attention to what fans say on the internet, think again.

That's not what i said or mented. They probably keep an eye on the net to read the oppinions from the fans but i don't think they do what the fans tell them to do. Didn't Axl once told at a show that the internet is 1 big garbagecan?? So why would he be influancebale by the net when he has a lack of it.

I guess it was a big coincidence that they started changing up the setlist after everyone complained about the repetition.

I don't care anymore, I just want the damn album to come out.

If it's not out by January 1st, 2007, then I'll start complaining. :)

and yet youve waited this long. dude relax

That was my point. I've waited this long. And they said it will be out this year. If they lie and postpone it, then I'll complain. But until then, I'm not going to. I think you misread my post.

I don't care anymore, I just want the damn album to come out.

If it's not out by January 1st, 2007, then I'll start complaining. :)

and yet youve waited this long. dude relax

That was my point. I've waited this long. And they said it will be out this year. If they lie and postpone it, then I'll complain. But until then, I'm not going to. I think you misread my post.

yeah i see what you mean now