another dumbass guitar question

but yeah, so i been playin for like a coupla weeks n i gotta coupla questions. i got this chord dictionary book right, n its like shows u these pictures of all these chords n shit n i gotta coupla questions. first off, some of the chord diagrams they show like, ur not supposed to play a certain string right, now thats all well n good if that strings at the 6th or 5th or 1st or second, but how the fuck do u not play a string thats like...im the middle of the chord?? confuses the shit outta me. any answers?? i mean, what do u play the one string then miss the not to play one n strum the rest? sounds wrong to me but im really clueless. the second thing is, some of these chords is dont show u which fret to play it on. im assuming that dont matter with the moveable ones cuz they can move anywhere up n down the fretboard right? (am i?) but the other ones it dont tell u like in some places where it does n has like a roman numeral showin u where to play it but on this thing it dont, it just has pictures. now some of em its obvious cuz the nut is in the picture but what about the others? i also figured some shit out, now this is prolly gonna sound SOOOOO stupid but...i figured i should learn all the notes up n down the fretboard. so im commiting this shit to memory n once i've memorised all the 12 notes on the 6th n 5th string (only did the 12 cuz someone told me after the 12th it starts from the begginging, its jus one octave higher) n while im memorising this shit i noticed theres like...a sequence to it n it suddenly became REALLY obvious that each note has a specific note that follows it and if u remember the shit in order n u got a good memory u can learn all the 72 in no time at all although thats like memorising ur times tables in order, it dont help u when u gotta pick a random one n do it fluidly but fuck that, thats my problem. but yeah, is that somethin thats like, blindly obvious to you the first u picked up guitar or am i smart? (i think i know the answer ) yeah, um, i think thats about it, i'd really appreciate any help. sorry if this is really begginery intelligence insulting questions but theres no one who'll help me, they all think im some hendrix hard-on having hip hop head who basically is goin thru a fad but im totally fuckin commited. i guess the few people i know that play r kinda snobby but then again i dont blame em i mean, how the fuck am i gonna jam with em, i can't even play, only been doin it a coupla weeks but i practise like 6/7 hours a day n i really wannabe good its just...need some help. sorry, ranted a little, u can tell me to fuck off n get lessons if u like, no offence'll be taken, it must be irritating me postin this shit up n down.

thanx all the same.

When playing a chord that leaves out say the G string of D string what i do is a just lightly rest a spare finger on those strings so it will mute them and they wont make a sound, the bass E and A strings i can useally jsut curl my thumb over the top of the fretboard and mute them that way.

I'm not sure what your talking about the other thing though sorry, maybe it does mean it can be played anywhere, like a Barre chord?

I think its cool that your learning every note, i know where every note is but only cos i been playing for awhile, but sitting down and directly learning each note is a pretty cool idea, it will make learning your scales easier.

Keep at it mate! and good luck :)

When playing a chord that leaves out say the G string of D string what i do is a just lightly rest a spare finger on those strings so it will mute them and they wont make a sound, the bass E and A strings i can useally jsut curl my thumb over the top of the fretboard and mute them that way.

I'm not sure what your talking about the other thing though sorry, maybe it does mean it can be played anywhere, like a Barre chord?

I think its cool that your learning every note, i know where every note is but only cos i been playing for awhile, but sitting down and directly learning each note is a pretty cool idea, it will make learning your scales easier.

Keep at it mate! and good luck :)

thanx :)!