UNIVERSAL MUSIC Rep: "No indication of a new GNR record this year"

Livewirecs

I work in radio and on my prep newswire the following was posted:

IF GUNS N' ROSES IS PLANNING ON RELEASING "CHINESE DEMOCRACY" THIS YEAR. . . THAT WOULD BE NEWS TO THEIR LABEL:

Despite AXL ROSE'S latest PROMISE to have "Chinese Democracy" out by the end of the year. . . it, once again, probably will NOT be released. And if it actually IS ready to drop. . . that would be news to their label.

--A spokesperson from Universal Music says, quote, "We have no indication that a Guns N' Roses record will be released this year."

--Of course, it's only been 12 years since Axl started working on the album. . . and about 7 years since it reached MYTHICAL status. So he probably just needs an extra week. . . month. . . year. . . decade, et cetera, to put his finishing touches on it.

BUMMER.....Just thought you'd all like to know.

Why doesn't someone just ask Merck if Chinese Democracy is still coming out in 2006?

Shoot him an e mail like this:

Hey, was just wondering if the new Guns N Roses cd is still coming out in 2006? thanks.

All he'd have to do is provide a simple "yes" or "no". It'd put an end to all this shit (except the specific date speculations).

Why doesn't someone just ask Merck if Chinese Democracy is still coming out in 2006?

Hey, was just wondering if the new Guns N Roses cd is still coming out in 2006? thanks.

All he'd have to do is provide a simple "yes" or "no". It'd put an end to all this shit (except the specific date speculations).

He's not going to give a clear answer-he's clearly stalling.

Maybe because Merck's already given the answer plenty of times? Fuck sakes, people, you are annoying. Cryptic and annoying or not, Merck has already said "There are still such and such Tuesdays before Christmas." That means that yes, it will be out before 2006 is at an end. Unfortunately, you people can't figure out that it's a yes.

I guess this Tuesday thing is a puzzle some of you can't solve. Yes, Merck is a bitch for not being specific, but he's answered the question already. You people just can't realize it because you're too busy building rockets to launch at Merck's face.

he would say:

"there are still 7 tuesday, bla bla bla.."

Maybe because Merck's already given the answer plenty of times? Fuck sakes, people, you are annoying. Cryptic and annoying or not, Merck has already said "There are still such and such Tuesdays before Christmas." That means that yes, it will be out before 2006 is at an end. Unfortunately, you people can't figure out that it's a yes.

I guess this Tuesday thing is a puzzle some of you can't solve. Yes, Merck is a bitch for not being specific, but he's answered the question already. You people just can't realize it because you're too busy building rockets to launch at Merck's face.

The last time he commented on it was in that rolling stone article, i have it. He hasn't said shit since. Did it ever dawn on you that MAYBE the reason all talk of it was banished over at HTGTH was because his statement is no longer true, that maybe something happened?

That's why i suggested shooting him an email that he could give a simple yes or no answer. Then maybe people would chill the fuck out, unless of course the answer is no.

Possibly Universal are just saying this because they dont want to let people know its defo' coming out? Sorta keeping the suspense? Because if Universal confirms its coming out, well that sort of gives the game away? Dont you think?

Yeah, definitely. I think every major business, when releasing a new product, gets together and says, "hey, let's confirm this product is definitely NOT coming out this year, creating alienation, pissing off the loyal fanbase so they won't buy it, and keeping so low-profile that the average consumer won't even know it exists yet! That'll DEFINITELY guarantee big release day sales!"

Gimme a fuckin break. Chinese Democracy Stops Now.

12/27/06 Merck... Oh Shit, there's no more Tuesdays, now what do I say?

That'll be when we get a statement placing the blame on somebody else. Then we'll get another empty promise that cd is coming out in 07, and people will actually buy into it.

That'll be when we get a statement placing the blame on somebody else. Then we'll get another empty promise that cd is coming out in 07, and people will actually buy into it.

and that they're doing it for the fans.