• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All part of the cover up

exactly what im thinking

maybe..

is everyone forgetting the harley advertisement?

it'll be interesting to see whether they do put better back in, if so that should lend a bit of credibility to a release this year right??

o shit

i totally forgot about that..

if it doesnt air then we know that the cd isnt coming out.

I'm just wondering at what point do we finally admit to ourselves that the party is over and it's time to go home.

It'll never really be over. We'll always have the great albums the band has released so far. You don't have to stop being a GNR fan. There are a lot of GNR fans that don't want to hear CD, there are others that want it to come out but don't care that much, and there are others that think (for some reason) that CD defines what is GNR. Anyone that doesn't fall into that last category never has to stop being a GNR fan no matter what does or doesn't happen with CD.

I agree up to a point. I'm sitting here listening to UYI II and wondering if we will ever get a glimpse of Axl's genius again, or will Oh My God be his epitaph. As the cd plays I feel a certain nostalgia but also bitterness and mourning. Of course nothing can erase what the band has done in the past and I will always love the old albums, but I cannot help feeling that there is tremendous untapped potential in the new band that has been denied to us over the past decade and that we will never get the opportunity to see.

All part of the cover up

exactly what im thinking

maybe..

it'll be interesting to see whether they do put better back in, if so that should lend a bit of credibility to a release this year right??

o shit

well the point is we don't know anything, even so there's no need to think it wont come out right, it has yet to be confirmed that it wont come out this year, all we have to go by is merck's and axl's comments.

just trying to be positive and think logically....

All part of the cover up

exactly what im thinking

maybe..

o shit

i mean they want this to be a suprise, they want to just drop it on us without our knowledge. this is suppose to be something crazy that hasnt been done b4. so why not like this. look at all the shit they are stirring with reports like this. im not saying that this is surely the plan, but all of this seems a bit suspicious to me.

the harley ad, rolling stone ad, and all that other shit that management wanted jarmo to block, why? think about it, they dont want us to believe it's coming out. it sounds half way believable to me. :book:

All part of the cover up

exactly what im thinking

maybe..

o shit

well the point is we don't know anything, even so there's no need to think it wont come out right, it has yet to be confirmed that it wont come out this year, all we have to go by is merck's and axl's comments.

just trying to be positive and think logically....

yeah...someone should email merck and get his input on this, to see if there is really a DVD coming out and if the cd wont come out this year

i mean they want this to be a suprise, they want to just drop it on us without our knowledge. this is suppose to be something crazy that hasnt been done b4. so why not like this. look at all the shit they are stirring with reports like this. im not saying that this is surely the plan, but all of this seems a bit suspicious to me.

the harley ad, rolling stone ad, and all that other shit that management wanted jarmo to block, why? think about it, they dont want us to believe it's coming out. it sounds half way believable to me. :book:

thats how i am starting to think, maybe we are just holding onto any hope of getting cd, but surely thats what the real fans do right?

untill we have an official no, its a yes for me this year.

thats how i am starting to think, maybe we are just holding onto any hope of getting cd, but surely thats what the real fans do right?

untill we have an official no, its a yes for me this year.

thats where i stand also.

I'm just wondering at what point do we finally admit to ourselves that the party is over and it's time to go home.

It'll never really be over. We'll always have the great albums the band has released so far. You don't have to stop being a GNR fan. There are a lot of GNR fans that don't want to hear CD, there are others that want it to come out but don't care that much, and there are others that think (for some reason) that CD defines what is GNR. Anyone that doesn't fall into that last category never has to stop being a GNR fan no matter what does or doesn't happen with CD.

I agree up to a point. I'm sitting here listening to UYI II and wondering if we will ever get a glimpse of Axl's genius again, or will Oh My God be his epitaph. As the cd plays I feel a certain nostalgia but also bitterness and mourning. Of course nothing can erase what the band has done in the past and I will always love the old albums, but I cannot help feeling that there is tremendous untapped potential in the new band that has been denied to us over the past decade and that we will never get the opportunity to see.

Well, look at it this way. If CD doesn't come out next year, we can look forward to another DVD of the original lineup in early 2008. Maybe they'll do the Ritz show or some other great show.

I don't feel a connection with any of the new guys. They have some talent and the energy at the live shows is good, but it isn't the same. I look at it as an entirely different band with the same lead singer, which is really what it is. Whatever they do won't change the way I feel about the old band, whether CD is great or it sucks (or it never comes out).

The past threads about this "subject" have been, in my opinion, very retarded. Why would the record Label give any information about the album, when the BAND wants to keep it a secret? The way I see it, this is no different than the Rolling Stone article which claimed CD will be released on the 21 of Nov. It's just a rumor or an opinion. NOT A FACT. Axl said it'll be out by the end of this fall, which means we still have over a month to see it's daylight. Merck then said it'd be out one of these Tuesdays. I believe that over anything alse, so until December 26 goes by then I'll believe the album is not coming out this year.

Kannon.

The past threads about this "subject" have been, in my opinion, very retarded. Why would the record Label give any information about the album, when the BAND wants to keep it a secret?

The band... Oh, mercy. That was cute.

Do you really think the "band" has any say over when this nightmare ends?

Just a reminder gents of the thread that got this all started - the "band" have apparently told a fan from another forum that CD won't be out until summer 2007:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=84360

:(

The past threads about this "subject" have been, in my opinion, very retarded. Why would the record Label give any information about the album, when the BAND wants to keep it a secret?

The band... Oh, mercy. That was cute.

Do you really think the "band" has any say over when this nightmare ends?

Just a reminder gents of the thread that got this all started - the "band" have apparently told a fan from another forum that CD won't be out until summer 2007:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=84360

:(

Oh come on man, you think they'd tell a FAN that sort of thing? That guy's story is as true as God or me having wings. :sleeper:

Kannon.

me too. this sucks.. i wish someone from the gnr camp would say something.. right now i'm losing faith :(

Welcome to being a GnR fan. Haha, although I don't need to say that to you.

I hate this. I honestly was so psyched for this because with the tour and all, I really thought it'd come out. I even asked my local music store, as stupid as it sounds.

Fuck.

Axl's label admit not knowing a thing about a November release

Guns N Roses' "Chinese Democracy" is now odds on to his records shops in 2007 after the band's label admitted this week they were none the wiser to a November release schedule.

Axl Rose had recently revealed his intention to get the $15m, ten-year-old project onto the shelves before the end of the year, and a press release for the Chinese Democracy Tour at the beginning of October 2006 also stated that "there are only 13 Tuesdays left between now and the end of the year" - dropping a hint that the album would be released on a Tuesday between October 3rd and December 19th.

However, it looks near impossible that the album will be released in time for Christmas as the band's label, Universal Records, claimed this week that they had yet to received any information regarding a release date. With a likely four to six week turnaround required from GNR's management delivering the masterwork (not to mentioned publicity and promotion) it looks extremely unlikely the set will drop now until February, with January a traditional dead-zone for big new albums.

In other news, a new live DVD is in the pipeline for February.

Guns 'N' Roses - Live In Chicago" will be released on February 5th 2007 (we're sure of that), and was recorded at Chicago's Allstate Arena.

Tracks included on the set are Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Its So Easy, Wild Horses, Patience, Double Talkin Jive, Civil War, Welcome To The Jungle, November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Godfather Theme and Coma

Source: Soundgenerator

http://www.soundgenerator.com/news/showart...FTOKEN=52189913

yeah..a new dvd to come out..sounds really good.

And about Chinese Democracy..god only knows.

Yeah, this isn't even news. This is the same junk we've already heard. Still isn't official news either.

they never said it was 1992 we still ahve hope for the 2006 show..or maybe even the 02'show(although i dont think they will release anything from 02')

"Tracks included on the set are Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Its So Easy, Wild Horses, Patience, Double Talkin Jive, Civil War, Welcome To The Jungle, November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Godfather Theme and Coma"

It's the '92 show.

Edited by acdcUSSR