Is our spirit broken?

fantomas

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like an idiot telling everyone about this and sticking up for the band.

No shit! My friends are sick of hearing about GnR from me. They're gonna have a fucking field day on me come January if no new cd is out.

I don't know that i would describe it as having a broken spirit, but i know i feel like we as fans have been lied to and taken advantage of.

I know there's still 6 Tuesdays left, but man, it's getting REAL difficult to keep the hope alive.

I am with you 100%.

But why start a tour if the album is still so far off? I mean, the tour would only be more successful if there was an album and the album would be more successful with a tour behind it.

I don't get it.

AXL I KNOW YOU READ THIS. DID YOU DO THAT LITTERBOX SHIT I'VE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT? ANSWER ME ON STAGE IN CLEVELAND. MY NAME IS KISSY.

This fanbase gets dumber by the minute. A loyal fan who supports Axl no matter what is just a loyal fan. If he said Axl can do no wrong, then he's kissing his ass, but he clearly pointed out Axl's faults right now. Just remember why you all are posting here: You're all following Axl too.

Picking on new members must give you people some really nice highs. Very mature.

Well, my spirit is definately busted. I just think about all of the things that have happened (in my personal life and in the world in general) since we first heard Chinese Democracy songs from the Vegas gig and I become ill with the idea that Axl and his "family" could'nt get their shit together and live up to what they said they would do this year. It's pathetic. My daughter was born days before that Vegas show, and now she's in Kindergarten. Clinton was still president during that show. 911 was just 3 numbers you dialed for an emergency. It's pathetic!

I've been trying to come up with ways that we can, as a group of frustrated fans, peacefully express that frustration to Axl. All I can come up with so far is this. A bunch of online fans go to the Jan 1st show in Nashville. They make sure they get right up front on the floor. They enjoy the first few songs of the show as normal, but as soon as a "CD song" is played, those fans could simply turn around, thus turning their backs on the idea that this album will ever be released.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

This fanbase gets dumber by the minute. A loyal fan who supports Axl no matter what is just a loyal fan. If he said Axl can do no wrong, then he's kissing his ass, but he clearly pointed out Axl's faults right now. Just remember why you all are posting here: You're all following Axl too.

It's a bitter-sweet thing dillrod. Of course we follow him, like his voice and music, want to see Chinese Democracy, but the way he is doing this is absolutely assinine and now he's possibly let us down once again it seems at this moment. Being a fan of a musical artist is almost like being a citizen in a democratic society in that we decide their success based on our willingness to support them and we support them in a tangible way by paying money toward their success. I've paid money toward Axl's success. I've got a right to bitch and moan. I am bitching and moaning - deal with it and quit your fucking whining Axlite.

I think they finish album but then things happen on tour like Bumble shows his worth and Axl feels he should be on record. Or Izzy writes a tune with Axl one night and he wants it on there. Its all chaos which doesnt fit with schedules. Theres too much going. Axl finds new bird and writes a tune for her. He has whole new perspective cos of this chick etc etc.

I think they finish album but then things happen on tour like Bumble shows his worth and Axl feels he should be on record. Or Izzy writes a tune with Axl one night and he wants it on there. Its all chaos which doesnt fit with schedules. Theres too much going. Axl finds new bird and writes a tune for her. He has whole new perspective cos of this chick etc etc.

Bingo. I was thinking the same damn thing, especially the Izzy and Bumble thing. Stupid.

I dont know the guy, but obviously Axl is a selfish person. Everyone needs to realize these people are not Gods, but instead just men. He is really no better than you or me. A better singer? Yes. A better musician? Most likely. A better human being? I cannot speak for everyone, but his track record is pretty bad. I get weirded-out when I see "I love Axl" and stuff like that, because its just fanaticism. I hope the record comes out just like everyone else does. However, my opinion of Axl will not change. He has major issues.

The guy just stated something nice about the man. Why does that mean he's kissing ass?

Um, how about because the title of the thread is "Axl Rose...I still love the man".

And what's with the "let's wait untill January to come and go before we get mad" thing. These Axl-apologists just keep moving that goal line.

People are giving up...in some threads even contemplating making t-shirts asking about the album to throw on stage during shows. Someone even said that they were going to try to sell their tickets on e-bay to recoup some of the money.

This is real bad. I hope Axl can do the whole suprise and all this bad news is a cover up for the album, and if it isn't yet, then he needs to make plans to drop it suprisingly on Dec. 19th.

Your fans are turning on you Axl. Your TRUE fans.

And to those who say true fans won't turn on their band...it takes a lot, but it can happen. It's happening. :(

People are giving up...in some threads even contemplating making t-shirts asking about the album to throw on stage during shows. Someone even said that they were going to try to sell their tickets on e-bay to recoup some of the money.

This is real bad. I hope Axl can do the whole suprise and all this bad news is a cover up for the album, and if it isn't yet, then he needs to make plans to drop it suprisingly on Dec. 19th.

Your fans are turning on you Axl. Your TRUE fans.

And to those who say true fans won't turn on their band...it takes a lot, but it can happen. It's happening. :(

Yes it is, maybe it will be a wake up call for CERTAIN people

I won't lie, my optimism is fading as each day passes. If there is no news by the end of the month, I think it's fair to say I will not be investing much interest in Guns N' Roses anymore. And I'm sincerely hoping it doesn't come to that point.

I have to say I agree. Even driving home tonight, Use Your Illusion I came on in my CD changer in the car and I changed it over. I'm just kind of pissed and all, but in a way depressed? I know it sounds pathetic, but I looked forward to this and I almost overhyped it.

If it doesn't come out... atleast, at the very fucking least, please release a single. "Better" with maybe, if we're lucky, a B-side or something. But at least release a studio version of something!