Is our spirit broken?

fantomas

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are giving up...in some threads even contemplating making t-shirts asking about the album to throw on stage during shows. Someone even said that they were going to try to sell their tickets on e-bay to recoup some of the money.

This is real bad. I hope Axl can do the whole suprise and all this bad news is a cover up for the album, and if it isn't yet, then he needs to make plans to drop it suprisingly on Dec. 19th.

Your fans are turning on you Axl. Your TRUE fans.

And to those who say true fans won't turn on their band...it takes a lot, but it can happen. It's happening. :(

true fans wont turn on Axl you nipplefuck

ok...i'll reword my statement then

Axl turned on his true fans. :fuckyou:

I just wish that I did not get so freakin' excited! I went and told all my friends, who hate Axl by the way, that this is the year! And every Tuesday when I see them they have that look on their face, like "I told you so! Give up." Drives me crazy...But no, I am not broken. I still have faith in GNR and I always will.

I just wish that I did not get so freakin' excited! I went and told all my friends, who hate Axl by the way, that this is the year! And every Tuesday when I see them they have that look on their face, like "I told you so! Give up." Drives me crazy...But no, I am not broken. I still have faith in GNR and I always will.

That's the spirit PTU, I feel the exact same way. Keep the faith and we will be rewarded...... i hope :unsure:

That's the spirit PTU, I feel the exact same way. Keep the faith and we will be rewarded...... i hope :unsure:

Come on !

The fact is that even if they release the album this year or at the beggining of the next year i don´t feel like a reward. They have been 13 years tu put it out and i´ve been waiting for this album since 1995. I´ve been told (by Axl) hundred times the album would be out in a few months ,,, and even if he put it out tomorrow i´ll keep thinking this guy is a fucking unsane man, he is ill.

Axl FUCK U !

AND PUT YOUR FUCKING CD IN YOUR ASSHOLE!

:devil:

The funny thing is, the probable reason for this delay is that Axl had to be a dick and get Ron and Frank to rerecord some of Bucket's and Brain's parts. I for one am not thrilled that Axl is delaying the album to have lesser players like Frank and Bumble on it. I am also certain that this delay has something to do with that weasel managers departure from Sanctuary. Hey Axl why don't you fucking get in the ring and talk about CD at your show tonight.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Was just watching the 01' Rio concert the other day and laughed to myself as I saw Bucket, Tobias and Brain on stage and Axl talking about how hard the band has worked, and how it's tough to play another musician's songs, and then they kick into Chinese Democracy - That concert was pretty tight and blew me away how good they sounded - Now those 3 are gone, or at least 2 1/2 of them - he's got some pretty strong replacements, it would appear, yet the underlying theme is that nothing has really changed in terms of the album etc.

Almost starting to get the feeling that this tour was only about getting the name out there and completing it without crashing so the record company would back/promote the album in the proper way ( when Axl is ready ) I don't know -

Never been that negative regarding any of this, but it does test you , that's for sure :fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou:

Don't put your hopes in a rock n' roll band. Life is too damn short. Especially GNR.

Axl doesn't care about anyone but himself and his inner circle too much because he can't. He can't please everyone, and neither can you. Please yourselves and those around you, that's what is important. He can't please everyone, and I often think he doesn't care about most. Otherwise they would have found a way to at least perform in Maine for those fans. They were there for GNR...not fire and explosions. Give the people a scaled down show and then explain you wanted to give them more but couldn't.

Anyway, life goes on. Buy a motorcycle or something. Go listen to Slash play 'Obsession Confession' and realize no one can break your spirit but you. Everything will come to pass in time.

Will be interesting to see what Merck says about the tuesdays-comment if the album doesn´t come out this year. <_<

Feed me some more bullshit pleeeeeeease, I think I have some more room. :no:

sadly i'm the same i'm just waiting for the bull to come which no matter how bad the excuse is people will believe just to not feel stupid in believing ;)

my spirit is broken, i used like Axl but he needs to pull his finger out of his ass

The funny thing is, the probable reason for this delay is that Axl had to be a dick and get Ron and Frank to rerecord some of Bucket's and Brain's parts. I for one am not thrilled that Axl is delaying the album to have lesser players like Frank and Bumble on it. I am also certain that this delay has something to do with that weasel managers departure from Sanctuary. Hey Axl why don't you fucking get in the ring and talk about CD at your show tonight.

I agree with every fucking word.

Its so sad to see so many has given upp already

Don't be sad. You have your snow. I live in Rainland. You are the luckiest man I have ever met!

Find the power!

I dunno what to say...belive..or hope for now...

just came home from work and i read all this sh*t about no album and releasing a 14 year old gig on dvd...???

sure, its a good gig, but didnt axl work so hard to get the fans into the new line-up (that changes all the fuc*ing time), and what they release is a gig with slash and company..??!!!

damn...dunno what to think now.

i saw them in 92 and 93 and again now 2 times this year. they sure kicked ass in 2006, so why not release at least a dvd from this tour??

i know they have a shitload of material to release, since they filmed every fucking show.

axl, what the fuck is up with you????

since you release the 92 gig, is slash finally out your ass..?

(here's to hoping)..cheers boys and girls .

and to round things up, let's have a nice fucking walk back in time..ahhh.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iCDw3TNV6ps

Edited by andy_rose

Fans face it, Axl Rose is an asshole and he doesn't deserve one single fan. It's mental abuse following this derranged old man trying to make a group of charlatans Guns N Roses. Fuck you Axl, you're a fucking failure at the end....

Excellent post! He is a fucking asshole and anyone who thinks otherwise is not living in reality. :fuckyou:

Fans face it, Axl Rose is an asshole and he doesn't deserve one single fan. It's mental abuse following this derranged old man trying to make a group of charlatans Guns N Roses. Fuck you Axl, you're a fucking failure at the end....

Excellent post! He is a fucking asshole and anyone who thinks otherwise is not living in reality. :fuckyou:

Why are you here then....? :unsure:

Why are you all butt-hurt all of the sudden? :unsure:

At least they're touring. If you were going to "give up" or "lose hope," wouldn't it have made more sense to do so between late 2002 and early 2006 when the band was doing nothing? :huh:

If you've all really been fans for 19 years or whatever, you should be used to disappointment by now. :huh:

I think the reason folks are hurt -- both that poster above me and people in general -- is because it is becoming increasingly UNDENIABLE that this whole tour and venture is nothing but a cash grab.

After 2002, Axl knew he had zero credibility. So he leaked the Democracy tracks -- the unfinished demos he had -- and like good little piggies we ate it all up and signed up for another go round. We bought tickets for the shows, and sucked it all down.

What's becoming clear, is that THERE NEVER WAS A RECORD to release. If there had been, they would have announced intended dates.

You know what's happening now? It's called "Stringing Somebody Along". It's what you do when you still want something from them, so you tell them what they want to hear instead of the truth.

Axl and co. want our money. Would we all lineup to buy tickets for these shows if we didn't think Chinese Democracy was imminent? Some would, but not the way they have. And all this stuff has gotten pushed back further and futher... what a suprise, now they're going to push it back until AFTER THE TOUR is over! Wow! So they can KEEP STRINGING THE FANS ALONG and get all their concert money (which is where any band makes their real coin) until the tour is over, and nobody is accountable anymore (or at least being accountable won't matter, because Axl will have made his money).

Yes the shows have been great, and yes they try hard to put on a great concert. This does not change the fact that they are misrepresenting and lying to get people in the seats. Why do you think everything gets deleted at HTGTH? Because a) they don't want to be called on their lies, and B) they don't want the truth out, because it will hurt record sales.

Personally, I say fuck em. A musician record and plays music. Axl plays songs he wrote 20 years ago with a bunch of different guys. That is not a musician. That is a peformer. He used to fancy himself the next Elton John or Freddie Mercury; both of those gentlemen kept writing music throughout their lives (we may wish Elton John would quit, but still -- the man writes and creates music).

Would he release a DVD of the 92 band if he was at all concerned with establishing the identity of this band? Of course not. But you know what would happen? Universal might be fucking pissed that he's profiting off the back catalog without giving them any new material to put out, so they may be inclined to put out a live DVD to make some money on their wasted Chinese Democracy investment.

Yes. That seems to make quite a bit of sense indeed.

Edited by GabrielsChains

Why are you all butt-hurt all of the sudden? :unsure:

At least they're touring. If you were going to "give up" or "lose hope," wouldn't it have made more sense to do so between late 2002 and early 2006 when the band was doing nothing? :huh:

If you've all really been fans for 19 years or whatever, you should be used to disappointment by now. :huh:

I'm used to it alright.

all to used to it now.

as i said, i saw them 2 times in Oslo this year, and they really kicked ass..bigtime!!!

but we need an album, we need a solid "guns is back"!

been a fan since early 88, and been let down by axl in 91 because warren beatty jumped over stephanie(at least that's what i figured out of why he cancelled the show in Oslo just 5 days before)...

still went to germany and oslo in 92-93, and they delivered an awesome show! Axl and Slash and the guys was awesome!!

Anyway, yeah, they are touring now, and yes, it is awesome..but come on, he promised us an album by the end of the year..looks like we wont get any...and he releases a dvd with the old band, whom he tries to get as far away from as possible...tell me, where's the logic?

i thought he said slash is up his ass....not his apparently.?!

Anyway, yeah, they are touring now, and yes, it is awesome..but come on, he promised us an album by the end of the year..looks like we wont get any...and he releases a dvd with the old band, whom he tries to get as far away from as possible...tell me, where's the logic?

i thought he said slash is up his ass....not his apparently.?!

They don't need Axl's permission to release old material. We saw that with Greatest Hits. :huh:

I'm a positive person, with life and my fav band.. i think everybody should be..

i saw gnr this year i was right at the front at download and shook axl's hand as he walked past during kohd.. it's something that's unforgetable i thank axl for that.. but what i don't thank him for is my frustration towards the lack of usefull information... i realise people break promises and it hurts, but what can we do??

i know in 91 during the tour before uyi album's were released quite often he would slag of geffen for living in his ass and saying sorry for the delay's.. well he's not so out spoken as he used to be or is it he's got no one to blame than himself so he never mention's it at gig's??

the leaks were put out there to tease us, it's my guess, especially as there the only songs they play live..

they have or were lead to believe that they have 3 or maybe more by now albums worth of material.. SO it's kinda like give me a taste, at least if you want me to be 100% behind this band surporting it all the way..

but what may become obvious if it isn't released this year, is that he's re-recording it again.. due to a new guitarist..

it's a shame but if you've been a fan for a fucking day or since the begining, then find something positive to do or say or whatever, if you don't then your gonna take sides and be a hater or just get dragged down in a downward sprial of negativity cause it's easier at the moment to say bad things rather than good things..

cd is in axl's back pocket he's sitting on it for some reason,, post away if you think you know why..

but i doubt anybody know's apart from him..

p.s

there's a track called sorry on the album i think in bracket's it should say (for the delay) and then i can laugh.. that's axl's sense of humour i guess.