THE AXL ROSE CAREER STRATEGY

jaypayton

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To agree with jaypayton, when Joe Perry left Aerosmith to form the Joe Perry project in the early 80's, Aerosmith's concert attendence went in the toilet. When he came back, they went back to being on top. Granted, Aerosmith released albums the whole time. I think GNR is much better than Aerosmith. And I am sure GNR now is much better than a drugged out Steven Tyler and Aerosmith in the early 80's; but I think there is a little similarity.

And it doesn't matter what you think - Guns N' Roses is: Axl, Robin, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Chris and Frank. :fuckyou:

Sad, isn't it?

only thing thats sad is that your either stuck in the past or so fare upp slashs ass to admit that this is Guns N' Roses.

I find you pathetick

You know- you'd think 5+ years would be enough time for people to take the thought of a reunion out of their heads but ironically you believe that a reunion would save Axl's career.

Is there ONE person that believes a reunion wouldn't save Axl's career? Are there really people out there that think he's on a legitimate comeback with Ringling Brothers? Yes he's reappeared but come on, its hardly a true comeback - its a middle aged former rock star trying to rekindle and recapture something he could only ever have with 4 other specific individuals.

People are laughing at him right now, wondering where Slash is.

And it doesn't matter what you think - Guns N' Roses is: Axl, Robin, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Chris and Frank. :fuckyou:

Sad, isn't it?

only thing thats sad is that your either stuck in the past or so fare upp slashs ass to admit that this is Guns N' Roses.

I find you pathetick

Ok, listen my diminutive Scandanavian friend - I am not stuck in the past, but realize a good thing when I see it and believe me, this new band ain't it. The old band truly was a talent. Second, I would never admit that this IS GNR I am not sure why you stated that in your aforementioned post. There will only be one true GNR, and it lived for 8 explosive, hard core, fucked up, incredible years:

RIP GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES 1985-1993

And what kind of idiot has a signature like yours...GNR is blah blah blah if you don't like it then go fuck yourself? I guess I keep forgetting the Internet is littered with misguided and ignorant teenagers who do nothing but surf the web and watch TV. Perhaps a better signature would be..."MY GNR is..." and leave it at that.

You know- you'd think 5+ years would be enough time for people to take the thought of a reunion out of their heads but ironically you believe that a reunion would save Axl's career.

Is there ONE person that believes a reunion wouldn't save Axl's career? Are there really people out there that think he's on a legitimate comeback with Ringling Brothers? Yes he's reappeared but come on, its hardly a true comeback - its a middle aged former rock star trying to rekindle and recapture something he could only ever have with 4 other specific individuals.

Slash is busy being a middle aged former rock star trying to rekindle and recapture something he could only ever have with 4 other specific individuals.

and based on the songs that were leaked and have been played, you can't tell me it was worth 12 years and $15m.

Even if the new guys would put out Appetite you'd still hate it. Thats just uncool bro uncool :no:

That is correct, it would be down right blasphemous...talk about trying to re-create something that can never be re-created...then you throw in fink in a dress walking around on his toes on top of that, thal with a hooded sweatshirt and some other guy in a plaid suit trying to do it! I'm laughing and sad at the same time.

Yes, I hate everything about new 'GNR' except Axl. It is a pity what he's turned that name into.

Slash is busy being a middle aged former rock star trying to rekindle and recapture something he could only ever have with 4 other specific individuals.

I agree with you completely - he's in the same boat. You can go see VR with Slash and get 1/2, then go see GNR with Axl to get the other 1/2 - but they never add up to 1, get it? The only way to get that is to see them on the same stage again, together.

They both need to come to their senses and realize that they've alienated so many of the fans they worked so hard to gain. It seems Izzy, Duff and Matt/Steven would have no problem getting back together, its Axl and Slash who won't make up and play nice.

Sad, isn't it?

I find you pathetick

Ok, listen my diminutive Scandanavian friend - I am not stuck in the past, but realize a good thing when I see it and believe me, this new band ain't it. The old band truly was a talent. Second, I would never admit that this IS GNR I am not sure why you stated that in your aforementioned post. There will only be one true GNR, and it lived for 8 explosive, hard core, fucked up, incredible years:

And what kind of idiot has a signature like yours...GNR is blah blah blah if you don't like it then go fuck yourself? I guess I keep forgetting the Internet is littered with misguided and ignorant teenagers who do nothing but surf the web and watch TV. Perhaps a better signature would be..."MY GNR is..." and leave it at that.

Agreed, I do like this band but it is not nor can it never be Guns N Roses, that has nothing to do with quality necessarily but everything to do with membership, a band (as i have often said) is plural, it represents the intentions of more than one, the band was Axl, Duff, Izzy and Slash, it will always be that line up.

Thats not to subtract from Mr Rose's current project, which has great potential if they'd only stop fucking around, but it can never be what Guns N Roses represented, because Axl alone was not what GNR represented, merely a component of it.

I wouldn't worry about arguing with the likes of "Chris Axl" or "King Dick" etc, they don't strike me as GNR fans, but Axl fans (theres nothing wrong with it), therefore they may exagerate his contribution to GNR, also by maintaining that this situation is GNR, they can been seen to like a trendy and cool band with a real mean back story, as opposed to the reality which is liking a band of talented middle aged session musicians (nothing wrong with it but it doesnt have the same "image" resonance for teenagers".

I don't see how a "real" GnR fan could accept this band as Guns N Roses, a real lover of those 4 original musicians surely would not be able to deny their collective contributions for one sole member, how could fan say that Axl alone was GnR because of legalities? When the members cease to be members the band ceases to be a band, would Queen be Queen with just Freddie and no Brian, Roger and John? Ask queen fan see what they tell you!

This new band is good, I wish them well and I look forward to this release, but I am accutely aware of the situation and I will not be told to the contrary by half wits and kids "buying into a scene that existed before them", Guns N Roses has broken up, I miss them, but I look forward to their respective solo project releases.

Sad, isn't it?

I find you pathetick

Agreed, I do like this band but it is not nor can it never be Guns N Roses, that has nothing to do with quality necessarily but everything to do with membership, a band (as i have often said) is plural, it represents the intentions of more than one, the band was Axl, Duff, Izzy and Slash, it will always be that line up.

Thats not to subtract from Mr Rose's current project, which has great potential if they'd only stop fucking around, but it can never be what Guns N Roses represented, because Axl alone was not what GNR represented, merely a component of it.

I wouldn't worry about arguing with the likes of "Chris Axl" or "King Dick" etc, they don't strike me as GNR fans, but Axl fans (theres nothing wrong with it), therefore they may exagerate his contribution to GNR, also by maintaining that this situation is GNR, they can been seen to like a trendy and cool band with a real mean back story, as opposed to the reality which is liking a band of talented middle aged session musicians (nothing wrong with it but it doesnt have the same "image" resonance for teenagers".

I don't see how a "real" GnR fan could accept this band as Guns N Roses, a real lover of those 4 original musicians surely would not be able to deny their collective contributions for one sole member, how could fan say that Axl alone was GnR because of legalities? When the members cease to be members the band ceases to be a band, would Queen be Queen with just Freddie and no Brian, Roger and John? Ask queen fan see what they tell you!

This new band is good, I wish them well and I look forward to this release, but I am accutely aware of the situation and I will not be told to the contrary by half wits and kids "buying into a scene that existed before them", Guns N Roses has broken up, I miss them, but I look forward to their respective solo project releases.

best post in a while :book:

its Axl and Slash who won't make up and play nice.

oh well...guess we have to remember the good times and move on huh?

I guess you're right in a way, but I will still always hold out hope that a reunion tour is coming down the line somewhere. For now I get my GNR fill by seeing Axl one day, and Slash the next. And my old bootlegs - its the best I can do...for now.

I agree with you completely - he's in the same boat. You can go see VR with Slash and get 1/2, then go see GNR with Axl to get the other 1/2 - but they never add up to 1, get it? The only way to get that is to see them on the same stage again, together.

They both need to come to their senses and realize that they've alienated so many of the fans they worked so hard to gain. It seems Izzy, Duff and Matt/Steven would have no problem getting back together, its Axl and Slash who won't make up and play nice.

Sorry for breaking this for you but it doesn't happen that easy :heart: The number one consern here is the musical direction. I don't think that the VR guys and Axl would be interessed of making the same kind of music and that is a problem. The album would be another crossroad between Axl's different stuff, Slash's hardrock and Izzys... well just Izzy's stuff and i don't find that appealing. I can't see Slash working on Better or Axl working on Slither. They are too different worlds and getting them together ain't the answer. Just leave it be, open your mind and enjoy the current situation. It could be much worse!

Edited by jussi

NOT TRYING TO BE AN ASS, BUT WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

GUNS IS NOT EVER GOING TO RE-UNITE. EVERYONE HAS MOVED ON. NOT GONNA HAPPEN

NEXT......

Where is your documentation making this official? Right you don't have any, so please go back to the Axl picture thread and post something provocative.

And thanks Mr Estranged - I am just of the school that people who think this new band is GNR are wrong. It is in legal name only. That GNR band only existed once, and hopefully will again, in its proper and true form. I happen to dislike the new band more than most, but that's sort of an afterthought.

Everyone must think back to why we're all into Guns in the first place - its because of what Axl, Izzy, Slash, Matt/Steven and Duff did to get us into them.

Edited by GeorgeGlass

Sad, isn't it?

I find you pathetick

yes yes yes, all well and good but 75% of "gnr" are in a band called velvet revolver, now then since 75% is a large number they should have great songs right? with all that talent right?? .....erm........

thats why people believe the real talent is axl rose....

Edited by Let And Let Live

Sad, isn't it?

I find you pathetick

By saying me and "King Dick" is NOt Guns N' Roses fans makes you sound really, reterded.

WE actually support and love this band called Guns N' Roses, unlike what you do obviously, as its not even Guns N' Roses to youwich I find very sad....)

I cant see why real Guns N' Roses fans can bitch and whine so fucking much as people here do, its really sad.

If you dont like Guns N' Roses, go to another place.

This summer I was at 2 concerts, and both of them was Guns N' Roses playing..... and Guns N' Roses sounded better than before, much better.

Sad, isn't it?

I find you pathetick

By saying me and "King Dick" is NOt Guns N' Roses fans makes you sound really, reterded.

WE actually support and love this band called Guns N' Roses, unlike what you do obviously, as its not even Guns N' Roses to youwich I find very sad....)

I cant see why real Guns N' Roses fans can bitch and whine so fucking much as people here do, its really sad.

This summer I was at 2 concerts, and both of them was Guns N' Roses playing..... and Guns N' Roses sounded better than before, much better.

Have you ever seen 91-93 GNR play live?

Sad, isn't it?

I find you pathetick

Have you ever seen 91-93 GNR play live?

I have seen em live, only booltegs.

But ok, 06' vs 91'-93' bootles = 06'