THE AXL ROSE CAREER STRATEGY

jaypayton

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it is becoming 2002 all over again, and since Axl is going to get slaughtered byt he fans and media when the album DOES NOT come out this year here is my easy plan on what Axl needs to do to save his career

1. REUNITE WITH THE REAL GUNS N ROSES

enough with the ego trip bullshit....reunite with slash, duff and izzy....drummer could be sorum or adler.........everyone would be into it.....do a tour..play old GNR songs...some covers......some spaghetti incident stuff since they never toured that album.......none of the democracy stuff.........Then after the tour write and record a new album........then tour the new album and play the new stuff along with the old GNR stuff...IF GNR ever reunited it would be take over the music industry..............

2. WHAT ABOUT THE NEW GNR, THE DEMOCRACY SONGS AND ALBUM ETC....

Axl can keep the new lineup..But change the name to something liek "The Axl Rose Project"........Its basically loked at as his solo project anyway.....So Axl can still tour this project, and he can play all the songs from democracy........NO GNR SONGS..........Maybe do a club tour.....and when chinese democracy is released in 50 years he can release it under the name Axl Rose Project.............

This would solve everything

Yeah. Actually I agree with you. Spot on.

And it doesn't matter what you think - Guns N' Roses is: Axl, Robin, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Chris and Frank. :fuckyou:

Sad, isn't it?

only thing thats sad is that your either stuck in the past or so fare upp slashs ass to admit that this is Guns N' Roses.

I find you pathetick

Ok, listen my diminutive Scandanavian friend - I am not stuck in the past, but realize a good thing when I see it and believe me, this new band ain't it. The old band truly was a talent. Second, I would never admit that this IS GNR I am not sure why you stated that in your aforementioned post. There will only be one true GNR, and it lived for 8 explosive, hard core, fucked up, incredible years:

RIP GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES 1985-1993

And what kind of idiot has a signature like yours...GNR is blah blah blah if you don't like it then go fuck yourself? I guess I keep forgetting the Internet is littered with misguided and ignorant teenagers who do nothing but surf the web and watch TV. Perhaps a better signature would be..."MY GNR is..." and leave it at that.

Agreed, I do like this band but it is not nor can it never be Guns N Roses, that has nothing to do with quality necessarily but everything to do with membership, a band (as i have often said) is plural, it represents the intentions of more than one, the band was Axl, Duff, Izzy and Slash, it will always be that line up.

I wouldn't worry about arguing with the likes of "Chris Axl" or "King Dick" etc, they don't strike me as GNR fans, but Axl fans (theres nothing wrong with it), therefore they may exagerate his contribution to GNR, also by maintaining that this situation is GNR, they can been seen to like a trendy and cool band with a real mean back story, as opposed to the reality which is liking a band of talented middle aged session musicians (nothing wrong with it but it doesnt have the same "image" resonance for teenagers".

I don't see how a "real" GnR fan could accept this band as Guns N Roses, a real lover of those 4 original musicians surely would not be able to deny their collective contributions for one sole member, how could fan say that Axl alone was GnR because of legalities? When the members cease to be members the band ceases to be a band, would Queen be Queen with just Freddie and no Brian, Roger and John? Ask queen fan see what they tell you!

By saying me and "King Dick" is NOt Guns N' Roses fans makes you sound really, reterded.

WE actually support and love this band called Guns N' Roses, unlike what you do obviously, as its not even Guns N' Roses to youwich I find very sad....)

I cant see why real Guns N' Roses fans can bitch and whine so fucking much as people here do, its really sad.

If you dont like Guns N' Roses, go to another place.

This summer I was at 2 concerts, and both of them was Guns N' Roses playing..... and Guns N' Roses sounded better than before, much better.

It would be unfair of me to point out the numerous mistakes in that post culminating in your spelling of the word "retarded", considering your nationality is Norwegian and English is probably not your first language, so I'm not going to...

However, the content, from what I understand of that post, I will attack, you seem to ignore my point completely and merely reiterate that the band you like is Guns N Roses, several times in fact, you see my argument was that GNR was comprised of Axl, Duff, Izzy and Slash.

My reasoning was that it was under this line up that the 4 original albums were released that made the band a success, the reason why the name Guns N Roses carries so much resonance today is because of the contributions of the four members listed.

Expanding on that idea, the band is considered such because it is a combined effort, each member contributing a crucial part to the mix, Sweet child o' mine without Duff's bass line, or Slash's Riff OR Axl's vocal line would not sound half as good. The reason they were a success (and why the name means something) is because of their collective talent and not their individual talent.

Moving on from that point, a band called "Guns N Roses" but not comprising the 4 components (or arguably the majority of them) cannot be considered GNR, because it makes the assumption that what the name represents is irrelevant, i.e. "Axl Rose" is GnR means that Guns n Roses would have been the same without Slash, Izzy and Duff. And of course that would be retarded...

I am not attacking you on your tastes, mainly because I think you are in actuality quite young and a wee bit over zealous in you support for Mr Rose, which is fair enough, hey I like his work too, but please if you do decide to respond to this, try argue against my point as opposed to just sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "It is GNR! IT is GNR!!" and there is no need for insults.

Also to the other poster, who's name escapes me (sorry), it is irrelevant what any member does now (via velvet revolver, ju ju hounds or Roses band), it cannot diminish what they did, therefore to say "well Axl's the best because Velvet Revolver are shit" is a nonsense, firstly, I like VR, secondly, their output maybe structured by other things (such as Weilands influence etc), thirdly, its like saying Rose is a genius because of Buckethead's shredding in Better, Rose may not be responsible for the majority of what you hear of Chinese Democracy.

So in conclusion, to that second post, there is no point in comparing, because you may not like "Slither" or "Dirty little thing" now, but surely you like the riffs from "Sweet child", "Estranged" and "Mr Brownstone"? In which case, you can see what Slash and co's contributions were....

Edited by Mr Estranged

all the morons screaming about Axl should never reunite and slash is a jerk and who am i to say axl should reunite strike me as a bunch of teenyboppers who know JACK SHIT about GNR..go back and listen to your green day albums teenybopper...fuck i am only a few years older than the teenyboopers but i at least know my GNR..

You know- you'd think 5+ years would be enough time for people to take the thought of a reunion out of their heads but ironically you believe that a reunion would save Axl's career.

Is there ONE person that believes a reunion wouldn't save Axl's career? Are there really people out there that think he's on a legitimate comeback with Ringling Brothers? Yes he's reappeared but come on, its hardly a true comeback - its a middle aged former rock star trying to rekindle and recapture something he could only ever have with 4 other specific individuals.

People are laughing at him right now, wondering where Slash is.

35,000 people at Dublin were not laughing at them. No one was asking where Slash was. I talked to a lot of people after that. No one once mentioned Slash. The old guys betrayed the fans when they left, enough said. Reuniting would ruin him forever. He would be seen as someone who had to rely on other people instead of the great band thats there now. At Dublin I saw GNR in all their might...

all the morons screaming about Axl should never reunite and slash is a jerk and who am i to say axl should reunite strike me as a bunch of teenyboppers who know JACK SHIT about GNR..go back and listen to your green day albums teenybopper...fuck i am only a few years older than the teenyboopers but i at least know my GNR..

I think most people in 2000 would want AXL,SLASH,IZZY,DIZZY,MATT,DUFF to reunite..but after 6 years things have moved on..not possible at the moment I think. Just have to accept the band as the way it is right now which in my opinion rocks!

yeah OK Mullethead...yer GNR is DEAD!

Now get over it, or better yet...go listen to Slash's Cuntraband! rock3

you want GNR right? :lol:

a tour with no album equals 2002

no but this time its more embarressing because its 4 years later, back then it was all relatively new and was their first tour, this time there is no excuse to screw people about, hinting that it will drop this year and touring, its just a money grab from what i can gather, to pay for some debt

a tour with no album equals 2002

no but this time its more embarressing because its 4 years later, back then it was all relatively new and was their first tour, this time there is no excuse to screw people about, hinting that it will drop this year and touring, its just a money grab from what i can gather, to pay for some debt

I dont know about you, but I got what I paid for when I saw them...

This band is a fucking joke and a disgrace to GNR fans, so many people are still not realizing that. He SHOULD reunite with old GNR if he wants to save his name and the name of the band. Not to mention the additional money that would be involved. It would make this circus tour seem like...a circus. The new lineup are such a bunch of losers. What is with that one dickhead guitarist slamming a note every so often like he's punching the guitar? He's like the anti-Izzy and its annoying as hell. It seems so unneccesary and so cliche.

He should re-record CD with the original (real) GNR and add some Slash and Izzy-created tracks to it, tour with AFD and UYI till they finish, then tour again with CD. That would be great and something everyone would want. Fuck the 75% full arena shows, they'd be packing fans to the rafters of stadiums. Its like everyone in the world can envision it but them...

Just to re-itterate, for all of you guys smashing on GeorgeGlass for not being a true GNR fan, or whatever....

He is exactly correct, and your all assholes..

Slash is 10x the guitarist Bumblefoot, Finck and the other guy are. They all play like shit and dont even pick a majority of their notes (something slash always does). Too much distortion, it gives GNR an industrial tone that just isn't the same. Slash always had a sort of blues/rock tone which is what he is great at. Slash is what made Guns the only rock band to care about in the 88'-93' era. These trashy industrial guitarists just ruin Axl's old songs.

I can honestly admit if I ever see Slash and Axl on the same stage again it will be the greatest show ever.... but it really just wont happen. I've read that Axl has reconciled with every single person in the band besides Slash. He partied with Sorum multiple times in NY and he did the same with Duff.

I can live with these guitarists as long as Axl is still rockin because I love his live performances... I just saw them in Baltimore on the 14th and Axl absolutely killed it.

Since it is becoming 2002 all over again, and since Axl is going to get slaughtered byt he fans and media when the album DOES NOT come out this year here is my easy plan on what Axl needs to do to save his career

enough with the ego trip bullshit....reunite with slash, duff and izzy....drummer could be sorum or adler.........everyone would be into it.....do a tour..play old GNR songs...some covers......some spaghetti incident stuff since they never toured that album.......none of the democracy stuff.........Then after the tour write and record a new album........then tour the new album and play the new stuff along with the old GNR stuff...IF GNR ever reunited it would be take over the music industry..............

2. WHAT ABOUT THE NEW GNR, THE DEMOCRACY SONGS AND ALBUM ETC....

Axl can keep the new lineup..But change the name to something liek "The Axl Rose Project"........Its basically loked at as his solo project anyway.....So Axl can still tour this project, and he can play all the songs from democracy........NO GNR SONGS..........Maybe do a club tour.....and when chinese democracy is released in 50 years he can release it under the name Axl Rose Project.............

This would solve everything

Dude! Tell Axl! He'll be forever greatful! Or he could listen to psychics and they can take his money

To all those who were talking about The REAL guns n roses..

you may of seen them in the 90's and you may of seen them last night .yh?

So, i think it all comes down to a 'who you like most'

to put it simply, it apears that its either a slash lover or a axl lover

i PREFER this new GNR ok? and i love the old band , but i still think THIS is GNR

when Izzy got replaced was it still guns n roses?

when Adler got replaced was it still guns n roses?

it just depends on your music taste and preferd artist

And i think you should respect the new members concidering they've got a huge task to do

in other words, they've gotta take slash's place or ect.

so just put IMO at the end or sumet and we can all stop arguing , cool it!

when Izzy got replaced was it still guns n roses?

when Adler got replaced was it still guns n roses?

The difference is that when Izzy left, he had already done his part in creating and laying down the wonderful songs on Appetite and UYI. When Gilby was hired as a fill-in rhythm guitarist, he was more than capable of playing the stuff Izzy because all he had to do was play it live - he never had to write anything. However, if they went into the studio post 93 to record new stuff with Gilby, I guarantee the music would have been a notch lower because of Izzy's extraordinary talent. Then take away Slash and it would have gone a notch lower than that. When Steven left, it wasn't a huge deal because he really never wrote any of the music or lyrics, so Matt Sorum did an adequate job of drumming on the UYI tour. You can get away with a mediocre drummer and rhythm guitarist if all they have to do is play live, but if they have to actually write songs, you either have talent or you don't. Izzy and Slash have it, but now Axl's all alone and the guys helping him can't hold a candle to what those dudes did back in the day.

Like it or not, AFD and UYI were a very collaborative effort. Axl is clearly not as good by himself as he was with Izzy and Slash helping with the tracks. I'm not saying that the new stuff is bad, because it isn't, but I can just only imagine how much better it would be with their influences. That is a BIG difference.

Edited by GeorgeGlass

yeah OK Mullethead...yer GNR is DEAD!

Now get over it, or better yet...go listen to Slash's Cuntraband! rock3

you want GNR right? :lol:

LOL Funeral! :lol::lol:

That's not gonna happen since they are still on this courttrial about the copyrights of some old songs.

WHAT ABOUT THE NEW GNR, THE DEMOCRACY SONGS AND ALBUM ETC

1-.....do a tour 2-..play old GNR songs 3-...some covers 4-......some spaghetti incident stuff since they never toured that album.......

1- They are already doing that since last summer

2- Look at this tours setlists

3- Live and let die,Knockin' on heavens door,..are in the setlist

4- Down on the farm was played live couple times in the last 2 weeks

5- Album release?? No one knows

(i ripped the last 1 a bit out of context so you have an idea what this "new band" is doing)