The Pre-Sale theory!

Kesseli

i dunno about a presale... but some kind of organized online sale would be cool. the thing about a presale is that everyone would download it after the initial couple thousand got sold.

by pre-sale i mean .. buy on line now and get the album whenever its released. everyone will hv paid for the album already. it will be online anyway after its being sold.

i wouldn't hold my breath on that unless i knew the album was done i would hate to be waiting another 14 years but if i knew i would get it in like 6 weeks all would be good i think at this point from whats been said they are not planning to it this way so this topic rock2 is kind of pointless

i wouldn't hold my breath on that unless i knew the album was done i would hate to be waiting another 14 years but if i knew i would get it in like 6 weeks all would be good i think at this point from whats been said they are not planning to it this way so this topic rock2 is kind of pointless

i second that :drevil:

• 1 year later...

no. part of the excitment especially after all this time, is being able to go inside a record store and buy the album.

than go inside my room and listen to chinese democracy for a month, than take a piss break.

Edited by Rovim

I say don't release the album until there is a reunion of the real GN'R. Anything before this would be too soon, imo.

I honestly think these "negotiations" have to do with the real guns reuniting. It has to be. I could see the label basically telling Axl to go fuck himself with this new GN'R shit. I'm sure the material Axl has isn't bad, but the label has to realize that the only way they can really capitalize off this thing is for Slash, Duff, and Co. to have contributions on the album. They're probably saying something like, you want more money for promo - SLASH IS A MUST!

Do you really think the label sees Frank Ferrar's presence being felt as a selling point? That probably carries about the same weight in their mind as a random crack whore off the street having credits on the album.

A reunion and re-recorded album would be fucking huuuge. Unlike anything the rock world has ever experienced. I'm sure the label probably realizes - Slash, Duff, and Izzy would do it. Now all they have to do is convince old cranky pants. In the words of Steven Adler - "Nothing would be bigger."

I say don't release the album until there is a reunion of the real GN'R. Anything before this would be too soon, imo.

I honestly think these "negotiations" have to do with the real guns reuniting. It has to be. I could see the label basically telling Axl to go fuck himself with this new GN'R shit. I'm sure the material Axl has isn't bad, but the label has to realize that the only way they can really capitalize off this thing is for Slash, Duff, and Co. to have contributions on the album. They're probably saying something like, you want more money for promo - SLASH IS A MUST!

Do you really think the label sees Frank Ferrar's presence being felt as a selling point? That probably carries about the same weight in their mind as a random crack whore off the street having credits on the album.

A reunion and re-recorded album would be fucking huuuge. Unlike anything the rock world has ever experienced. I'm sure the label probably realizes - Slash, Duff, and Izzy would do it. Now all they have to do is convince old cranky pants. In the words of Steven Adler - "Nothing would be bigger."

17 fucking years is too soon?

The old boys won't re-record on CD don't you think he's got enough royalties to pay off just from the recording process alone?

:rofl-lol: Gold

This would be great but I would think that the old guys would feel a bit odd just re-recording songs they didn't help write at all. If you think about it, if this idea was proposed, it's like the last 14 years have been just a long drawn out scenario that Axl wanted: complete creative control. "Ok, I've got the music, guys, let's do it...what do you think?" My fear is if they are negotiating a reunion (which I agree with, is what I think may be happening) is part of the deal might be to write and record and that translates into more delay.

Well, no. You'd have a very stripped down album. Slash and Izzy could not, in any way, play what Buckethead put on the album. So instead of a lightening fast shred solo, you'd have some slow and awkward bluesy riffs. No thanks...

Well, no. You'd have a very stripped down album. Slash and Izzy could not, in any way, play what Buckethead put on the album. So instead of a lightening fast shred solo, you'd have some slow and awkward bluesy riffs. No thanks...

Got it. Not a real Guns N Roses fan.

Next. :rolleyes:

Nah. Do I hate America because I like other presidents other than Washington? Do I hate automobiles because I find other cars better than the Stanley Steamer? Do I have jets because I don't find the right brothers plane to be the be-all-end-all of air travel?

That's some good logic you got there.

Nah. Do I hate America because I like other presidents other than Washington? Do I hate automobiles because I find other cars better than the Stanley Steamer? Do I have jets because I don't find the right brothers plane to be the be-all-end-all of air travel?

Well said man. Comedy gold.

I just want the album, in anyw form possible, I really don't care about how it comes out.... they could get a giant inflatable Axl to shit out the first few copies for all I care just so long as it finally gets out and as fans and a band we can all move on...

Guest ben9785

Well said man. Comedy gold.

I just want the album, in anyw form possible, I really don't care about how it comes out.... they could get a giant inflatable Axl to shit out the first few copies for all I care just so long as it finally gets out and as fans and a band we can all move on...

Yep, exactly. Line up changes, Reunions, Robin blah blah blah I don't care about anything else.

I just want the album to come out.

I honestly don't give a shit what happens after that.

But just to stay on topic, I think the 'ransom' pre-sale idea is good. So regardless of the inevitable illegal downloads etc etc, at least they are guaranteed a reasonable payback on the album before it even leaves the hands of the record label.

Edited by ben9785