How about just a SINGLE?

motownjunkie

honestly if the GNR camp had of used their brains, they could have thought "ok the album isnt quite ready, why not release a single" ...just a single while they tour would build up the anticipation and perhaps bring them some respect considerring its a new GNR....that would have given them a clear consciounse.

perhaps IRS or the Blues, Better, anything.

so going by that logic does that make a secret release even more logical?!(i highly doubt it though)

Edited by motownjunkie

Exactly...It would have made so much sense financially to drop a single about a week before the tour started. Pretty sure that would have helped some of those half-full arenas a few weeks ago fill up. But, as Merck said "Axl is not interested in fame or money."

Regardless, I honestly can't see the sense in doing another tour without the support of new music on the radio. It's also disturbing how we are falling back into the "silent mode". The website has become dormant again after so much promise a month ago (remember when we were promised video footage of the tour?).

Fucking ridiculous.

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Nov 17 2006, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought he said in 96 that he wasn't gonna release any more videos or singles??...

Well if asked Axl about 2006 back in 1996 I think he would have said alot of things that he later ended up doing. I mean if you asked him back then if he was gona be wearing big jerseys in 2002 do you think he would´ve said "Hell yes!" ? :D

Really, I don´t think you can trust what Axl said in 1996, we don´t even know if we can trust what he says in 2006 since we still ain´t got no CD. ;)

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Nov 17 2006, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought he said in 96 that he wasn't gonna release any more videos or singles??...

he also said that there would not be any official website.. nor any other gunsnroses nor any other album. nor anything... hes doing it now.

no :no: he released Oh My God in 99'

No he didn´t. "Oh My God" was only released as part of the EOD OST and as a promotion 1-track CDS. It never was released as a CDS for the public and therefor not officially released as a single at all. :)

no :no: he released Oh My God in 99'

That wasn't a single, just a song on a soundtrack. Pity, what a waste...

Its true for Lukinx, but im only going for what the man said...

P.S. He did say there would be another album...

If they released Silkworms right this moment, it would shoot to #1 instantly, just as long as the final recorded version was a collaboration with Timbaland.

I've always dreamed of guns collaborating with Timbaland. :kiss:

Timbaland's a genius. How many hit songs has he had this year?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Nov 17 2006, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Is there actually a source for this? As I have never heard about this.

yes apparently there is this fax he sent to this mtv and i dont know .. :monkey:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Nov 17 2006, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Oh ya sorry. The fax he sent on the 31st oct 96. Serch for it and it should appear. Its where he basically says slash has left and they are gonna carry on without him...

Oh ya sorry. The fax he sent on the 31st oct 96. Serch for it and it should appear. Its where he basically says slash has left and they are gonna carry on without him...

You mean this:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/misc/slashout.htm

It doesn't mention there being no more videos, it just says that the fax stated Slash is outta the band, and its a warning to Duff and Matt.