Billboard.com Has INFORMATION about CHINESE DEMOCRACY

Frozen Inferno

It's up already!!!! It's nothing special!!!!

It still says under construction when i click on it.

So what is it about then?

It's up already!!!! It's nothing special!!!!

Hi Keith,

Both Axl Rose and his management have promised the long-delayed Guns N' Roses album "Chinese Democracy" will be released by the end of 2006.

Considering that it's the middle of November, is this still possible? How far in advance do retailers need in order to have product on their shelves? Every retailer I've contacted has said it's not "in the system" as having a release date this year.

Thanks!

Dan Elsenrath

Duluth, Minn.

Hi Dan,

Not surprisingly, "Chinese Democracy" still does not have a release date set yet... at least, not one that has been announced, or placed on Universal Music Group Distribution's release schedule.

But, let's pretend that Axl Rose and his management keep that promise of releasing the album before the end of the year. Can it physically be done? I consulted with Ed Christman, our Retail Editor, and he gave me a lot of insight.

If the album is complete and mastered and the album artwork has been completed, then the set could conceivably be manufactured and shipped to retailers within a month. Of course, a digital release could come even swifter - but I doubt that an album with such a high profile would opt to go the digital-only route.

So, even though the album's release date hasn't been announced, there is still a glimmer of hope that it could -- in theory -- see store shelves before the close of the year. (Though at this point, it's looking like it will come out the very last week of December at the earliest.)

Earlier this year, to compare, Neil Young rush released his "Living with War" album in three weeks time. His record label, Reprise, received the finished album in mid-April and was able to manufacture and ship the set to retailers in time for a May 8 release date. The significant difference here is that Young's album had a smaller initial shipment -- under 200,000.

Because of the small initial shipment, it didn't require as much time to manufacture and ship the album.

With a Guns N' Roses title, you can expect that the initial shipment would easily surpass 500,000. With that many CDs needing to be pressed and shipped, it would take longer to produce. Still, if Rose decided to flip the switch today, "Chinese Democracy" could still make a late December release.

I have read that on another part of billboard.com

Thats not it, when you clcik on the advert it goes to a site which is under construction.

Edited by gnr=axl

Hah, The guy who sent the letter was from Minnesota, and so am I. I know a lot of people up in this country that can't wait for the Target Center concert.

Well, I'm from Duluth like the guy who wrote the letter. It's also a little weird to me that the guy's name is Dan, like me. I've never met anyone else in this town who is a GNR fan, so it's a little bit of a goofy coincidence to me that it's a fellow Duluthian.

Hey...Dan from Duluth. If you happen to read these forums, PM me. Maybe we can carpool to the Target Center show.

does ANYONE know mercks email address he don't understand apparently that he is pissin alot of people off and u know as well as i do they read what we right in these forums so the least he could do is address truth or not in a statement instead of lettin us down....again year after year

does ANYONE know mercks email address he don't understand apparently that he is pissin alot of people off and u know as well as i do they read what we right in these forums so the least he could do is address truth or not in a statement instead of lettin us down....again year after year

I have a feeling that they don't want to admit that CD is NOT coming out this year. By their way of thinking, it would affect ticket sales of the current tour.

Why don't you ask him when you see him? Better yet, why don't you just tell us what's up with the album. Even better, why don't you just fucking release it!

Or, is 'axlrose' not your real name?

:P

Will it be released this year? No.

Really? Yes.

But Merck sai- Merck is an idiot.

That's what it will say. :)

You need a life boy. On here every day posting negative shit, get a life, or some fucking pussy. Looser. Think your e-hard hiding behind your computer typing shit like that? Pah, I feel sorry for you, would hate to have a life like yours

xome on evryone knows theres gonna be hell of a flash realese i mean since 2002 axls been at home prinitng the damn cds secretly and now tht hes finished he arranged the tour as a cover up for him flying thousands of copys to retail suppliers in each companys whilst making more money and publicity doing the tour the same time thts why merck and the record companys no nothing of a realease date cos axl self produced the copys and distibuted them to suprise absoulotly evryone .......... its just crazy enough to be true when it to do with gnr ....

its gonna go from late 06 to early 07, then mid 07 to the end of 07 and so on, the cd is gonna be good, but it's annoying that they keep it sheltered like its better then other artists work and should be viewed differently as it's the mighty chinese democracy. merck doesnt help anything with his vague and often later false statements (2005 is the year of gnr) either.

forget about cd it will never be released axl just making money out of concerts and media as he always done.

That is why buckethead left remember, he can replace anyone in the band, just to play a couple of new songs.

If he ever releases an album great but most of us wont be there to give recognition, yes we can have patience but how much can we have soon it will be 20 yrs and nobody will care.