Chinese Democracy vs. Libertad?

slääsh

The band is comprised of legends, many of whom are far better players than the original lineup.

ive never heard so much bullshit, how can you say that when you got nothing to compare the hired guns to the origianls, remember it was the origainals that wrote most of the songs that these fuckers are covering every night are they not?? Ask most people if they know who these guys are and most wont have a clue but ask about the old g n r and just about everyone will know who they are and the faact their songs and riffs constantly top greatest songs polls and shit and always will the old guns have fuck all to prove these hired guns on the other hand have everything to prove.

Your saying these guys are legends but the old guns are what then, go read up on your history idiot.

actually just about everyone wouldent know the old guns, theyd know axl and slash, thats it. you would have to be a fairly big fan of them to know the whole line-up and even then you would know some of the current line up from somewhere.

the current line-up doesnt need to prove anything to anyone, everyone knows they are very talented and saying they need a new album or noone will buy them. its only a few who refuse to let go of the past that wont accept them (despite tommy being in the band for 8 years now!!)

Guns N'(&) Roses = Axl, Ron, Robin, Fortus, Brian, Tommy, Dizzy, Chris, Frank.

Formerly Guns N'(&) Roses = Slash, Duff, Matt, Izzy, Adler etc etc etc etc etc

The band is comprised of legends, many of whom are far better players than the original lineup.

ive never heard so much bullshit, how can you say that when you got nothing to compare the hired guns to the origianls, remember it was the origainals that wrote most of the songs that these fuckers are covering every night are they not?? Ask most people if they know who these guys are and most wont have a clue but ask about the old g n r and just about everyone will know who they are and the faact their songs and riffs constantly top greatest songs polls and shit and always will the old guns have fuck all to prove these hired guns on the other hand have everything to prove.

Your saying these guys are legends but the old guns are what then, go read up on your history idiot.

actually just about everyone wouldent know the old guns, theyd know axl and slash, thats it. you would have to be a fairly big fan of them to know the whole line-up and even then you would know some of the current line up from somewhere.

the current line-up doesnt need to prove anything to anyone, everyone knows they are very talented and saying they need a new album or noone will buy them. its only a few who refuse to let go of the past that wont accept them (despite tommy being in the band for 8 years now!!)

Guns N'(&) Roses = Axl, Ron, Robin, Fortus, Brian, Tommy, Dizzy, Chris, Frank.

Formerly Guns N'(&) Roses = Slash, Duff, Matt, Izzy, Adler etc etc etc etc etc

ya know, people would know the new lineup if they put out a new record already. this new band will never have any legacy, and will never have any "meat" to its story, becaue all of them are just hired studio clowns brought in to replace great people. i mean shit, anybody with a backbone in that band would have said "axl, put this record out or i'm bailing" years ago. i mean, you've got to have a pretty malleable spine to put up with this guy's shit for this long. obviously 2006 has been great, but what about all those other years?

and btw, everyone outside this forum still thinks of gn'r as the original lineup. depending on age of initiation, people think of AFD or UYI w/slash, duff, and izzy. 14 year olds who are getting into the records are prolly buying AFD, and learning about that first, and realizing where the real shit is.

if axl wanted this new band to have a legacy, he could have given them one w/ 4 records by now. truth is, they're just pawns in his game of one-upmanship with slash and the other former gunners. and they know it.

Edited by ohyesindeed

if there's one thing adnan doesn't have to do it's read up on his history, ass. every one of the new members comes from an influential rock band from the 80s or 90s, or has worked with a lot of those bands (i'm looking at you pit(t)man). just because you personally haven't been exposed to much of their music doesn't mean anything. also, he wasn't discrediting the old band in any way, so take it easy.

ON TOPIC: i'm excited for both records, for completely different reasons. i think a lot of people who buy one will buy the other, but will be pretty weirded out by how totally different they will be.

Edited by bass71player

You haven't heard about the Replacements? Legendary band.

You haven't heard of the Psychedelic Furs? Love Spit Love? Great bands.

You haven't heard of Primus?! Amazing, amazing band.

You haven't heard about the Replacements? Legendary band.

You haven't heard of the Psychedelic Furs? Love Spit Love? Great bands.

You haven't heard of Primus?! Amazing, amazing band.

Ehh this is a matter of opinion. Personally I think the original guns would be an all-star lineup. This band is good and I like them, but if I had to choose, i'd take the original band of course. There's no way you can sit here and say you'd prefer todays lineup rather than the original band.

We´ll probably see "Libertad" in the stores before "Chinese Democracy". :no:

VR will have Libertad, and probably their third album too, out before Chinese Democracy.

I know this is a lame joke, but I'll say it anyway. There will be Democracy in China before Chinese Democracy is released to the public. The longer this bullcrap goes on, the more likely it is that Axl will just lock it up in a vault and crawl back into his mansion never to be heard from again. Sad, but unfortunately true.

This is not Axl's plan. This is ridiculous.

This is a perfect example of people over-analyzing and trying to find things to talk about when there's nothing there.

Do you really think Axl is sitting in his mansion devising a scheme to release CD to compete against Libertad?

"Ah, yes. My plan is almost complete. Merck, bring me the heads of Slash and Duff!"

:rolleyes:

As stated several times in this thread, Axl has no masterplan. I don't even know if he knows what will be happening tomorrow, much less months from now.

To answer the question though, there is no way that both albums would be released at the same time-it would force most fans to buy one or the other and cut sales in half. I doubt most people would buy both if they are released at the same time.

This is not Axl's plan. This is ridiculous.

This is a perfect example of people over-analyzing and trying to find things to talk about when there's nothing there.

Do you really think Axl is sitting in his mansion devising a scheme to release CD to compete against Libertad?

"Ah, yes. My plan is almost complete. Merck, bring me the heads of Slash and Duff!"

:rolleyes:

exactly what i been saying