Will Axl be remembered as one of the ALL time musical greats?

HardRockHero

ALL TIME musical greats? Are you kidding me?The guy can't release an album of original material in 15 or so years.Do you notice how much has changed since then as far as music goes? Most people are suprised to hear that GNR are still around,let alone if they honestly have left a huge impact in the last 25 years.Appetite was 87.The illusions were a mixed bag which really recorded in 90 but released in 91. Axl is no Mozart,Bach,Beethoven or whoever.As far as the hard rock scene goes he is a formidable prescence only because we expect GREAT and nothing but great things from Chinese Democracy.

I know this much...

Axl would kick Beethoven's classical little ass.

:rofl-lol:

On a serious note, I think the legacy/memory of

W. Axl Rose will stand the test of time very well.

And so will the entire Guns saga...

Mozart would have given Axl a run for his money. The guy was known for being extremely crude, sexual, etc. Ever see the movie Amadeus?

I just hope he's remembered for his MUSIC. Not at all comparing his situation to friggin' Jackos, but just don't want to see all his idiosyncrocies completely overshadow his work.

Would really suck if he wound up more famous for not delivering music(CD) than for incredible music he and his band did make like AFD...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Guns N Roses were a huge, popular band at one point ...over 10 years ago. But realistically, they have three big albums (with one being basically a double album), and have done nothing since. Leaked demos and talk of a new album isn't doing something...

Now? Axl is still popular in a way, but for the most part he's seen as a joke to anyone who isn't a fan. If things continue to go they way they are now, he'll be remembered as the lead singer of a band who eventually self-destructed.

Axl will probably be remembered as one of the best rock singers, but you're talking about something way different when you star talking about Beethoven and Mozart. These are men whose music has held up hundreds of years after death. In 100 years-if humanity survies that long- the name Axl Rose will be meaningless to music fans. I don't even see GN'R being even a footnote in musical history as much as I love them.

He will definitely be remembered as something, maybe the biggest rock asshole of all time, but seriously i think he will be remembered as one of the greatest rock musicians of all time. Also the hottest.

Edited by pebbles

I think the topic-writer has a valid point. What he really means is:

Has Axl made music that really seperates him from 99.9% of musicins/composers?

If YES, then sure he'll be remembered. NOTE: November Rain is already a legendary work. It's in piano-books alongside true classics already. That's quite an accomplishment. Also, in Norwegian schoolbooks for junior high, GnR is mentioned. No Metallica, no Kiss, no AC/DC, BUT Beatles, GnR, Cat Stevens, Bob Dylan etc.

If NO, then of course he won't be remembered like anything more than Greenday.

To me, classical music is great and I think that's one reason why I'm so passionate about GnR. So to me, Axl's epics are the true highlights of GnR, no matter how geared up the rockers make me.

Is it fair to compare Axl with history's greatest composers?

Maybe, maybe not. But I think it's at least a pretty valid comparison.

Also, Axl is a poet. His words are what really seperates some of the songs from the crowd. He IS a one in a million fella when it comes to describing his world. Doing that and fitting it perfectly into tremendous music is the work of a genious.

Only time will tell, and history is often subjective, but Axl Rose is one hell of an artist, and if he was Beethoven's or Mozart's compatriot, I'm SURE he would have been sitting at the piano all day long, in a foggy, nostalgic fortress somewhere in the Alps writing some astonishing pieces of music.

Edited by tbaugerud

He will be remembered for something- not necessarily for his music nor for his attitude. But he will be for something.

Maybe the "Biggest procrastinator of all time", Maybe as "One of the greatest Rockstars with incredible stage presence"- or one of the "Greatest Assholes to ever perform". It beats the shit out of me- but he will be known for something.

And I wouldn't go as far as say he would be up there with Beethoven or Mozart.