Sound problems?

ggo1

Ok, I'm reading the posts and I can only assume the sound was better out front than it was at the side.

I was in the 100's on the Right hand side of the stage (from the crowds viewpoint), excellent seats but I couldnt hear Axl at all. Totally drowned out by the guitars. Half the time the only way I knew he was singing was because his lips moved.

The only time I could hear him was during the softer numbers. (and the new songs for some reason) You expect lousy sound for the first couple of numbers but it just didnt seem to improve as the night wore on.

Ruined what was actually quite a good show, at least visually and energy wise.

this was my one and only show, and I have to say the new songs sounded awesome. Cant wait for the mythical album.

It was my sons first concert, I think he enjoyed it. My wife still fancies Axl 20 years later so it wasnt all bad, but we went for Axl and couldnt hear him, which isnt fun.

My first GNR since 92. It's a long time to wait, pity about the lousy vocal mix. Guitars sounded pretty good though, just way too high in the mix where I was.

Ok, I'm reading the posts and I can only assume the sound was better out front than it was at the side.

I was in the 100's on the Right hand side of the stage (from the crowds viewpoint), excellent seats but I couldnt hear Axl at all. Totally drowned out by the guitars. Half the time the only way I knew he was singing was because his lips moved.

The only time I could hear him was during the softer numbers. (and the new songs for some reason) You expect lousy sound for the first couple of numbers but it just didnt seem to improve as the night wore on.

this was my one and only show, and I have to say the new songs sounded awesome. Cant wait for the mythical album.

It was my sons first concert, I think he enjoyed it. My wife still fancies Axl 20 years later so it wasnt all bad, but we went for Axl and couldnt hear him, which isnt fun.

My first GNR since 92. It's a long time to wait, pity about the lousy vocal mix. Guitars sounded pretty good though, just way too high in the mix where I was.

Axl's voice lost in the mix is an ongoing problem at many of the shows unfortunately.

I was about 30 feet from the stage on finck's side and same problem, Axl was way down in the mix and it caused problems, especially when the crow was singing along...They should crank Axl up a notch.... this is strange since he's the boss.... Or I imagine the sound is good in the soundman's headset but in the venue, it was subpar vocally.... I personnaly thought the sound was not that loud compared to other shows I saw or the GNR gig in NYC on May 12th.... Happy I wasn't in TO if it was least than in Ottawa.... Le Colisé is a smaller venu, it should kick a$$ tonight !!!

Axl's voice lost in the mix is an ongoing problem at many of the shows unfortunately.

Your new sig is awsome, I went nuts when Axl said that to Baz.

On topic, ggo1 you might be right about the sound being poorer quality on the sides. I was above you in the 300's and had some of the same problems you did, especialy duriing nightrain. I don't think I had it as bad as you though, cuz I could hear alot more than the softer songs.

A8R